Foam Grips

Adamc24

Halfords ones!

Soo comfy.. and for £4 you get 4 huge grips which you can cut down. So it's 4 pairs for 4 quid.

Bargain.

Only problems i've ever had with them was them ripping, and slipping off in the wet.

cool thanks ill have a look in halfords. cheers

I ran the halfords ones for a while but they just kinda disintegrated fairly rapidly. Plus I had to use a load of tape to keep them on and stop them slipping which still didn't work 100% as water just soaks straight through to the bars. If you get them glue them on and be prepared to change them every couple of weeks...

I ran the halfords ones for a while but they just kinda disintegrated fairly rapidly. Plus I had to use a load of tape to keep them on and stop them slipping which still didn't work 100% as water just soaks straight through to the bars. If you get them glue them on and be prepared to change them every couple of weeks...

cool thanks for the advice *thumbs up*

i used raliegh foam grips, cheap as you like, nice adn comfy, had them for about 2 months now and theyre still fine. ridden in the wet a few times and had a bit of "throttle grip" took them off dryed them on my shirt, dried the bars and went back on fine. you might find that they are a bit fat though, ritchey wcs grips are great, have a look around there's loads about.

on thing you might want to do is spray in some spray adhesive or spray paint inside the grip, let it dry over night and then put them on. stops the water soaking through to the bars and making them spin. hairspray will work in the same way of sticking normal grips on, but you'll have to redo if they get soaked.

Halfords ones!

Soo comfy.. and for £4 you get 4 huge grips which you can cut down. So it's 4 pairs for 4 quid.

this guy knows his stuff.

the only problem ive found about them is that they squish easy but for £4 for 4 sets its a bargin (Y)

how much are rubber grips these days? £9?

cheers

..rob..

I used to use the foam grips from Halfords, then I bought some tennis racket griptape from decathlon, it only cost about £2 a roll...more than enough for both grips. It has an adhesive backing and simply wraps around the bars...you can alter the thickness to whatever you like. It doesn't rip your hands to peices and you have a foam inner layer. Also, its VERY strong stuff. I've had mine on for several months, no sign or wear yet!

Available from any decent sportshop/school PE storeroom.

I used to use the foam grips from Halfords, then I bought some tennis racket griptape from decathlon, it only cost about £2 a roll...more than enough for both grips. It has an adhesive backing and simply wraps around the bars...you can alter the thickness to whatever you like. It doesn't rip your hands to peices and you have a foam inner layer. Also, its VERY strong stuff. I've had mine on for several months, no sign or wear yet!

Available from any decent sportshop/school PE storeroom.

What do you do if you need to take off your brake?

Halfords ones!

Bargain.

Only problems i've ever had with them was them ripping, and slipping off in the wet.

+1 this guy knows his stuff! there awsome grips lol. so cheap too.