What The? Its Only A Month Old !

jonnyyork

Thought I would post this as my mate and I were just blown away that this could happen to a freewheel that is only a month old and not even ridden hard! The outer casing just exploded when he went to pedal kick.

I know the Tensile isn't the dearest freewheel on the market, and I could understand if it skipped or even crunched the internals but this is a bit ridiculous dont you reckon?

post-16459-1201945896_thumb.jpg

post-16459-1201945822_thumb.jpg

it doesnt matter what you buy, how much it cost or how long you use it for, somethings do, will and have gone wrong. ust as a comparison; i had a set of marzzochi 66SL ata's about 650 pounds worth of forks, rode them 3 times in 1 month, blew the ata cartridge, blew the damping cartridge in the other legs and cracked the uppers, certainly doesnt mean marzzochi cant make forks and that they are all bad! it hasnt put me off buying another set thats for sure.

i wouldnt worry about it too much, it certainly doesnt mean theyre bad freewheels, ive had mine for 3 months no with no real issues. just contact where you bought it from, your onza distributor, get it back to them and they'll sort you out im sure.

You probably were running your chain too tight, or it was just crap. Most Tensiles have been fine.

Chain was not to tight on his bike. He runs an echo fixed hub with the built in tensioner and it keeps working itself loose if anything. Must have just got a crap one then.

Oh dear has the the onza curse struck again?

Lets all hope these freewheels don't start dropping like flys.

Edit. It might look like i'm bashing onza but i'm not. From what i've seen the tensile seems like a great freewheel. Like I said lets just hope its only a couple of dodgy ones that are going like this.

Edited by Anal_Teflon

I think someone else had a tensile, and its outer ring broke in two

ENO *** :)

... when i actually replace my freewheel

Yeah I think someone in NMC posted a pic of one with big cracks in the outer ring.

ENO (Y) I told my mate to buy mine :) pardon my dumbness, but what is with the '***' ? Very common phrase on here it seems.

*** is what happens if you type F T W (for the win) without the spaces... someone set the swear filter to change it.

F T L (for the lose), also without the spaces, becomes and biscuits

i dont no what it means either but now im even more confused

oh wait now i understand

Edited by stunt man t

it doesnt matter what you buy, how much it cost or how long you use it for, somethings do, will and have gone wrong. ust as a comparison; i had a set of marzzochi 66SL ata's about 650 pounds worth of forks, rode them 3 times in 1 month, blew the ata cartridge, blew the damping cartridge in the other legs and cracked the uppers, certainly doesnt mean marzzochi cant make forks and that they are all bad!

Bad example because the 66s with the ATA cartridge are well known for blowing up. Marzocchi have had hundreds of sets returned.

But it's a good point anyway - even if you design and make something perfectly, there's always going to be one or two that have problems, E.g. because of a bad material or whatever. Unless this happens to lots of people, I don't really see that anyone needs to worry about buying Tensile freewheels.

There was probably just a one off faulty batch where the shells where tempered too much making them brittle, the majority of freewheels are solid, and you're always going to get a few faulty products in production of anything.

Phil.

I guess it's a warranty job for sure.

They should cover it on warrenty onza are good with warrenty. Its bound to happen to some. With every product some break its just the percentage that determines how good a product is and the average time it takes for them to. Like said there was proberly a dodgy batch factories fault not onzas more than likely. Get another as there great freewheels.

*** is what happens if you type F T W (for the win) without the spaces... someone set the swear filter to change it.

F T L (for the lose), also without the spaces, becomes and biscuits

So if i type F T W with none of the spaces, will it come out ***?

Edited by Smoby

personally id have just taken it off and sent it back.

Tensiles warranty scheme is probably one of the best in the UK trials market, if you break it, they will more than likely replace it.

Its a protected brand and has some good product under the tensile brand name, yes ok people have problems with the cranks, but as with any other product, what about deng stuff? try-all stuff? no matter what you design test or buy YOU WILL break things, its a fact of life unfortunatly. products nower days do have the best type of "R&D" possible with good CNC' programs and also computer software that can tell you weak points and strong points and also places where you can lighten/strneghten etc (Y):)

Wayne.

God not to mention how much stuff i "used" ot break, id have a post at least 10 pages along with my own personal posts in. In the last 2/3 years i have hardly broke anything.