Watersports...

NVWOCI WVS

Haha, I know Sam Knight, not personally very well, but I have some very old friends who used to kick around with him/might still do. He was after my time.

Skoze where do you boys sail these days? Me and my sis are going to take a 500 out soonish and I want someone to make me look bad, I haven't sailed for years and apparently you know your shit, not interested in ANYTHING to do with racing, I just want wind waves and wires.

Edited by Willy

Haha, I know Sam Knight, not personally very well, but I have some very old friends who used to kick around with him/might still do. He was after my time.

I sailed with him wayyyy back but packed it in. He's still one of my mates, although saying that havent seen him in months :(

Everytime I see this thread I have to resist making some sort of comment about the title leading me to believe this will just be full of conversation about pissing on each other. This time I have failed to resist.

SO WHADDYA DO IN HERE, TALK ABOUT PISSING ON EACH OTHER?!

i row quite often, in a double and a quad occasionally, but a single is my fav :D heres me in my single at talkin tarn regatta. ive fancied coastal rowin but theres no clubs around me, anyone done such a thing?

Yes in britain its wet cold and uncomforatable, don't.

Skoze where do you boys sail these days? Me and my sis are going to take a 500 out soonish and I want someone to make me look bad, I haven't sailed for years and apparently you know your shit, not interested in ANYTHING to do with racing, I just want wind waves and wires.

Yeah man, it'd be good to see Ali/ meet you, has been far too long. I'm sailing at Thorpe Bay still, Jon's down in Emsworth so we don't sail together all that much. Truth be told we'll probably be even worse unless it's properly windy - can still mix it with the best of 'em when it calls for it, though :P

If you weren't so far away/ i found out when it was earlier i'd say to get down for the Nore Race at my club (ish) it's about 20 miles all round the mouth of the Thames, really really good race to do but f**king tiring, always seems to be stupidly windy too which is good fun.

500's are a dead fleet now though, would say get to some open meetings but there aren't any :(

Edited by Skoze

I thought it was just kicking off?! How the hell did it die again so fast? 29er take off again? I remember when that was just a 10 boat fleet haha, those were the days! Im proud to put my name to the crowd that made fast fun and serious!

Nope, been absolutely dead from the start really - RS aren't putting anything into it and it's now just us and a load of f**king good 200 sailors who are doing it for a laugh. Really is lame. 29ers are still going very strong, it's weird to see all the younger kids starting to sail 'em now! Awesome boats, just never bothered with the circuit or anything as i didn't want the RYA to take over my life as it did so many of my mates' :P

I love people who run in the air while their jumping! I've had 2 nasty jumps off the peir at Leigh, a 10 foot fully tucked swan dive into between hip and nipple height water, which ended taking off the bottom skin of an arm and a bit off my nose, and a backflip up not out, where my head clipped the side....... NIIIICCE dont do it kids! hahaha

Got 2 waverunner 1200 something or others at work that have been tweaked with for aiding in rescuing kite surfers etc.

Been out doing some sit-on kayaking in the sea today, most fun ive had in ages, apart from one of the guys standing on a weever fish.

• 1 month later...

Second sail in the Moth today, got my tacks to starboard dialled, but it refuses to go left without falling over :lol:

Upwind it's pretty rapid, downwind was impossible first time out but i've got it pretty much now - gets utterly mental in the nice 20mph gusts downwind, fell off the back a few times :$ Acceleration was surprising to say the least!

Gybes are gonna take time though, it kinda went gybewaveleewardwingintackbigwavepitchpole. i've never been so confused.

Started doing sea kayaking recently in sit on tops, so much fun but isnt half knackering. Tide and current round my end is so bloody strong. Think they are Tek Sport xcite 290's

Edited by Si-man

Started doing sea kayaking recently in sit on tops, so much fun but isnt half knackering. Tide and current round my end is so bloody strong. Think they are Tek Sport xcite 290's

I used to have one of them !

Now i got a whitewtaer kayak :D

• 2 weeks later...