Rear Vee Setup

Ryan.

Cheaper option

Sd7 Arms, Sd7 Lever.

Expensiver Option, Ultimate lever and arms :)

As for pads..ive found the little onza v adaptors are good. Then you can any magura pads you have :)

with the sd7's im not going to get flex or what ever am i?

can you get vee boosters from tarty?

where can i get v daptors from?

o and im going to need a cable lol what would people recomend?

SD7 lever (ultimate levers just aren't necessary imo)

Ultimate arms

XT cable (£6 quid a set off crc and the best cables i've ever used)

Heatsink reds

Any adaptors do, heatsink ones are noice though.

Edit: Don't those onza pad adapters have movement in them?

Edited by Quackers!!

First off, before you get it. You do no that a vee brake doesnt have alot of bite to it, but does have alot of hold. If you like your brake to be loud and bite really quickly stick to maggie, as you will only spend money on a vee and think its shit. If you prefer you brake to have loads of hold and not slip get one.

I run sd7 arms and lever xtr cable and outland booster and heatsink adaptors and either majic pad material in plaz backings or rock green in metal backings or coust in heatsink backings.

Xtr cablesare pritty good so i would recomend one of them. Sd7 are great as they have little flex but pritty cheap. You will need a booster if your running adaptors, my outland one is cheap and is ok but not amazing but does a ok job. And try giving any zhi dealers a ring for zhi adaptors.

Edited by basher

A friend of mine has SD5's, XTR levers and Nokon cables with red alu backed heat sink pads. Very solid, stops well and wears pretty slowly too :). I'm still a Magura fan, though from the way my Magura pads are wearing it's obvious they're twisting a lot as they hit the rim. After using the first XT V's when they came out and being really impressed with the improvement when I switched to Maguras, I swore I'd never use V's on a trials bike again - this may yet change with the V's out now...

well me and quakers run the same set up minus the lever and our brakes are noisey with loads of bit and much more hold than any maggy ive ever used, so

i would sugest, a vee to anyone.

also plaz pads are not the best out there, get heatsink reds they are amazing, if not go for fat/joy pads they are as good if not better :)

As has been said, Avid Ultimate arms are the best out there at the moment.

The Avid SD7 lever is more than good enough; though there may be some advantage to the Ultimate lever, I can't see it being huge.

Cable wise, get a linear slic (or similar) outer, and then run any old inner, as it won't make a huge difference, provided you lube it up well during installation.

I finish the setup off with Heatsink V2 Vee adaptors, and Heatsink Reds in Heatsink CNC backings, which seem to do the job perfectly, other than shouting 'look at me' every time you touch the brake!

right then so im thinking

sd7 lever

sd7 arms

xtr cable

plazzies in cnc backings?

Thats what my old setup was on my 24inch and that did me fine

Try chain reaction cycles or paul cycles thats were i got my 07 hope mono for £80 new there normaly really cheap on avid and shimano products best bet is to check the website or look in a mbuk and give them a bell there really nice to chat to

Biddle

Edited by Biddle

First off, before you get it. You do no that a vee brake doesnt have alot of bite to it, but does have alot of hold. If you like your brake to be loud and bite really quickly stick to maggie

Im very sorry, but i totaly disagree with you, as i run v-brakes and they deffently have just as much bite as mags and they dont have the hassle of brake fluid.

Mine is:

SD7 lever

SD7 arms

Clark Teflon cable (ones off tarty)

Heatsink CNC backing and Coust material (got 2nd hand too)

Heatsink adaptors.

no booster

Pads are by far the best. loads of noise. hold and even bite. If you want a pad with less noise and similer perfomance get Reds. My setup could to with been a bit stiffer. and set-up again, as its feeling a bit heavey to pull. Still works amazing.

Also if you get one. try and let the cable be as free as possible. if you ziptie it up too much it will make kinks in the cable. Therefore making the break slugish. Short cable outer also helps. and use oil / GT85 makes the cable run free in side the outer. What I do it put about 5-6 drop or oil down the main outer, and fewer drops into the Noodle.

Yeah some vee setups and some magura setups have just as much bite as each other. But on the whole maguras have more bite. A pair of cousts in cnc backings on a maggie with a grind will scream its arse of bite like someones put a twig in your wheel. No vee setup would be able to come close to the bite from it or at least ive not found a pad that will including cousts. Personally i prefer it with less bite and like the better hold.

One of the best rear brakes I had was SD7 levers and SD7 arms on my leeson many moons ago. I used standard black pads that came with the brake and had a smooth mavic rim. The only problem was that if the rim got dirty it went crap. On a clean rim in the dry it held like shit on a blanket.

V brake wise you can't go wrong with SD7s. XTR levers feel nicer to me though.

i got me heatsink adaptors today....

i'v got a reet shit setup- using the bits i had in the days before i bought a magura, because it was shite!

sd5 lever, sd5 arms, cable nicked off me mountain bike, 'sink reds (nicked off the front...which now has black pads..)

must be the pads that really make the difference- i haven't actually been out yet, but spinning the wheel in my room, it holds beastly :D

adam