Stick With A Maggy Or Go Disk

lankyri

ok just threaded a maggy bolt and thinking shall i go disk ive been playing around on a couple duel disk bikes and ive seent that they do hold (disks) but theres a bigger chance to hit the disk as i wanna learn sidehops lol

whats the advantages to a disk, i would prob go cable and being 12stone maybe have to go for a big disk hope you can help cheers

Rick no offence but wtf are you doing? You always seem to thread bolts, are you just not doing something right, because as far as i see it youv'e just wasted 150quid on your new frame, what have you done? And Rick do you really have the money for a disk?

I was thinking about going Double Disk but its just I go no money :( "It’s a hard nut life."

Craig :P

My DD Setup:

Frame & Forks: £70

Rear Hope Mono Trial: £30

CK Iso Hubshell: £50

CK Service: £10

All in all, £160.

Not bad, considering I had to change... everything.

GO VEE

can we make it any clearer??

:P

Go vee. :P

Nothing to bleed, so easy to set up, don't have to worry about snapping hoses - cables are only a few quid...

They don't freeze in winter, you can use Magura pads on them with the Onza V-Dapters. You have more choice of calipers, cables, and levers. Spares are sold in every bike shop.

What more could you want? :turned:

got in from work today in a ok state and been brain storming round the flat problem solving (covering up holes and ripping false walls down) and luckly when i got home mums bf was there and hes had a look and luckly i havent done alot of damage to the thread so with a irish screwdriver we made the bolt go in straight so im going to stick with a maggy and 2 boosters may go vee for the winter though

haha simp its these new frames never done it to my t rex or bt yea im a fool simp you wanna do it for me next time haha

i just got the same frame as you yesday, its lovely. i'm running front 185 bb7 and rear maggie witha harsh arse grind and coust pads!! (CNC backs) its lovely. btw what stem u running ??? i got a echo hifi 115 10* plus 1cm stacker???

My front BB5 cost me £5 and my rear BB7 was £0. JonMack = pwnd.

Ask yourself why do 95% of trials riders use Disc on the front? (because it holds, locks and modulates better than a maggy?) Why haven't riders used disc brakes on the rear in the past? (because frames couldn't handle the stress of a rear disc) But now there are frames out there that can handle rear disc but people still use magura on the rear blind to the fact that they know that discs are better brakes, but they want to justify somehow that a magura on the rear is better. When really, the only nag of a rear disc is that you may hit the rotor. Maguras however, I see f**k up all the time an there are no end of issues of what pads to use, how harsh a grind, water bleed, lazy pistons, popping/splitting hoses and crappy pad allignment. What is the temptation of using maguras nowadays? Isit just abit of trials history that people are scared to leave behind? It's definitely abit of Cross Country history, what bikes do you see nowadays with Maguras on? None, they're all fitted with disc brakes.

To be fair, if your asking the question, which is better, a disc or a magura.

fool20.jpg