Rider Weight

Cam

but they're also heavier

so more effort is needed to move them.

is that what you were getting at?

:)

yeah, the more they weigh the more power theyre going to have behind them, so I reckon it will pretty much be balanced out. hard to say though really, I reckon theres an optimum body type for trials riders: 100% ectomorph with high percentage fast twitch muscle... and I reckon around the 11stone mark, 6ft tall ish... This size would suit the geometry of most modern frames too.

100% ectomorph with high percentage fast twitch muscle... and I reckon around the 11stone mark, 6ft tall ish... This size would suit the geometry of most modern frames too.

Fast twitch muscles would be good for powermoves, but crap over the course of a ride / comp etc.

But yea i guess there is an optimum, but look at tennis "Rafel" isit? number 2 in the world but hes hugly built! traditionally "too big" for tennis but still hes a beast! Just make the most of what you got is what i say!

What is the point of this topic?

Even if we do work out the prime build, and height of a trials rider, what good is it to us?

We can't change how tall we are and the more you ride, the more you develop the muscles needed.

I can see why muscles etc are going to help with riding, but surely technique is still the biggest factor in riding. I mean you could put any athlete with amazing muscle structure etc on a bike, but it wouldn't make them instantly amazing would it. technique first, then build on strength and power (Y)

What is the point of this topic?

Even if we do work out the prime build, and height of a trials rider, what good is it to us?

We can't change how tall we are and the more you ride, the more you develop the muscles needed.

The point? Like most posts on here, there isn't really any point at all. I just wondered ....

f**k off you dick, im bigger than you

Hahaha i didn't mean it like that you dickhead, just your lean and ride stock so was the best example i could think of, i know your packed, some picure on your face book of you with a shotgun..... hmm buff bod. And your not bigger than me im a fat f**k :)

6ft, <10st.

Over easter and towards summer I'm gonna work on my general fitness with XC/Road riding, then summer I'm gonna try and ride as often as I can to start getting my general bulk up. I wanna get to a decent weight and get a bit bigger built, cos im fed up of being a skinny shit.