1215g Frame :/

JonMack

what material is it made from??

The structure of the frame is completely made from solid carbon fiber rods, except for titanium rear dropouts and 7075 aluminum alloy inserts for the BB and the headset cups.
Edited by *Tom*

what about air resistance :o?

FITTY, i want a rode bike :$

Never heard road spelt like that before :giggle:

That roadie looks beasty though! Wouldnt fancy buying or riding it though, i give my roadie enough sh*t, i would be scared to snap that thing! I bet its pretty strong, but it just doesnt look it!

Nice find though dude (Y)

UCI have a minimum weight limit (6.8kg) which is quite easy to reach apparently, so any lighter than that is really a bit pointless. You may as well make a frame that's heavier but more aerodynamic/stiffer/more comfortable.

UCI have a minimum weight limit (6.8kg) which is quite easy to reach apparently, so any lighter than that is really a bit pointless. You may as well make a frame that's heavier but more aerodynamic/stiffer/more comfortable.

seems abit silly that as, id say in ways its holding back the sport in progression of technology in the bikes, but also it does give it more of a level playing field for riders.

I was gona post the scott addict ltd but was beaten to the punch!!

i think it looks awsome but also of the opinion of how aerodynamic that design realy is?!!

also like the choice of campagno record groupe set ! far more pimp that anything shimano do! but the new sram red stuff is ment to be the lightest i the world!

either way its a head turner in looks and weight!!

grant

This is slightly lighter...

2999g is the claimed weight of the complete bike.

downloadaa764ekc1.jpg

that single speed though , also not running drop bars and by the looks of it old old rod movment brakes! lol!!!

Edited by prowler in the yard

Sure, but it's the lightest thing out there. I have no info on the frame weight on the Luxtech but it's definetley lighter than the BME. But of course the BME probably would attract a lot more looks cruisin through town!

Anyway, here you go. Fully equiped - 4166,9 gram. (And it could be even lighter with a Scott Addict ltd frame.)

bike.jpg

I was gona post the scott addict ltd but was beaten to the punch!!

i think it looks awsome but also of the opinion of how aerodynamic that design realy is?!!

also like the choice of campagno record groupe set ! far more pimp that anything shimano do! but the new sram red stuff is ment to be the lightest i the world!

either way its a head turner in looks and weight!!

grant

that single speed though , also not running drop bars and by the looks of it old old rod movment brakes! lol!!!

grant!! stop using exclaimation marks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

steve :giggle:

Sure, but it's the lightest thing out there. I have no info on the frame weight on the Luxtech but it's definetley lighter than the BME. But of course the BME probably would attract a lot more looks cruisin through town!

Anyway, here you go. Fully equiped - 4166,9 gram. (And it could be even lighter with a Scott Addict ltd frame.)

bike.jpg

If that's ally, I'll bet you can press the downtube in with your fingers it's so thin.

Anyway ISOtruss for the win. Makes a bit more sense on XC bikes really, where aerodynamics aren't so important.