Mears Vs Grylls

tomturd

Whos the best?  

98 members have voted

1. 1. Make your choice..

• Bear Grylls
    • Ray Mears

There are numerous sources saying he was, coupled with him telling you...

along with me and his own website.

there are alot of slating videos on youtube - they are all fakes or blown out of proportion. he IS hard as nails.

so he stayed in a hotel? at the time he's already survived more than most men on the patagonian ice fields.

you dont see people slating ray mears because he actually owns a house and doesnt Actually live in the woods all the time.

thing is they are too hard to compare, one is a teacher, the other is nuts (in the good way)

They both teach you stuff i think , its just that you don't notice with bear cause hes always doing something distracting like climbing in a camel. like when he showed that plant with the fruit that looks like a water melon but is actually deadly, i would have ate that probably and he showed how to get out of quick sand and how to find the north star and how to walk heavy so snakes aren't surprised by you.

Edited by kid creole

Chris Ryan, Chris Ryan, Chris Ryan, Chris Ryan, Chris Ryan, Chris Ryan, Chris Ryan, Chris Ryan, Chris Ryan, Chris Ryan, Chris Ryan, Chris Ryan, Chris Ryan, Chris Ryan, Chris Ryan, Chris Ryan, Chris Ryan, Chris Ryan, Chris Ryan, Chris Ryan, Chris Ryan, Chris Ryan, Chris Ryan, Chris Ryan, Chris Ryan, Chris Ryan, Chris Ryan, Chris Ryan, Chris Ryan, Chris Ryan, Chris Ryan, Chris Ryan, Chris Ryan, Chris Ryan, Chris Ryan, Chris Ryan, Chris Ryan, Chris Ryan, Chris Ryan, Chris Ryan, Chris Ryan, Chris Ryan, Chris Ryan, Chris Ryan, Chris Ryan, Chris Ryan, Chris Ryan, Chris Ryan, Chris Ryan, Chris Ryan, Chris Ryan, Chris Ryan, Chris Ryan, Chris Ryan, Chris Ryan, Chris Ryan, Chris Ryan, Chris Ryan, Chris Ryan, Chris Ryan, Chris Ryan, Chris Ryan, Chris Ryan, Chris Ryan, Chris Ryan, Chris Ryan, Chris Ryan, Chris Ryan, Chris Ryan, Chris Ryan, Chris Ryan, Chris Ryan, Chris Ryan, Chris Ryan, Chris Ryan, Chris Ryan, Chris Ryan, Chris Ryan, Chris Ryan, Chris Ryan, Chris Ryan, Chris Ryan, Chris Ryan, Chris Ryan, Chris Ryan, Chris Ryan, Chris Ryan, Chris Ryan, Chris Ryan, Chris Ryan, Chris Ryan, Chris Ryan, Chris Ryan, Chris Ryan, Chris Ryan, Chris Ryan, Chris Ryan, Chris Ryan, Chris Ryan, Chris Ryan, Chris Ryan, Chris Ryan, Chris Ryan, Chris Ryan, Chris Ryan, Chris Ryan, Chris Ryan, Chris Ryan, Chris Ryan, Chris Ryan, Chris Ryan, Chris Ryan, Chris Ryan, Chris Ryan, Chris Ryan, Chris Ryan, Chris Ryan, Chris Ryan, Chris Ryan, Chris Ryan.

Wisdom from my mum (who is normally very dignified):

"If you want to know what a twat is - watch Bear Grylls"

"Yeah, and Mears, honestly, he does only eat, he's a fat twat"

Anyone who has met my mum, will LOL.

HAHAHAHA lmao, I can imagine your mum saying that but never in front of anyone lol.

Anyway Ray Mears for me mainly because he teaches your little tips and tricks on how to survive in harsh enviroments and from what i've seen of Bear Grylls all he does is perform for the camera to make you cringe when he does stupid and disgusting stuff (eg. the drinking water from elephant shit)

I love how everyones like '' o yeh ray teaches us stuff we can actually use''

Just incase you get lost on the way home from a ride, find yourself inside a tropical rainforest or uninhabitable mountain peak and have to craft a boat so you can get home safely?

Yeh, id use that all the time.

The thing is , how many of you are planning on walking in the vietnamese jungle, visiting Antarctica, hiking in the grizzlys or parachuting out of a plane into the middle of no where with just a knife and a water bottle.

if i wanted to learn stuff i'd speak to ray for sheer comedy values though bear wins hands down.

Bear = well cool :) The one last night where he was walking through the Canyon was great !

He's like "The heat here is unbearable, i jumped in the stream 5 minites ago and i'm already dry" - Then he casually strolls off in 3 T shirts, 2 pairs of trousers, the biggest pair of socks and boots in the world and a shell suit.

LEGEND !

Edited by ✠Pashley26✠

Bear = well cool :) The one last night where he was walking through the Canyon was great !

He's like "The heat here is unbearable, i jumped in the stream 5 minites ago and i'm already dry" - Then he casually strolls off in 3 T shirts, 2 pairs of trousers, the biggest pair of socks and boots in the world and a shell suit.

LEGEND !

Back to his hotel a couple of miles away... And that thing in the canyon was really cringeworthy- how hard can it be if the cameraman is soloing it behind him? It's almost as over dramatised as Ben Fogles 'Extreme Dreams'. Aweful.

Quite amusing.

It's like ray had a threesome with chuck norris and superwoman and out popped bear

i reckon there should be a third option for gryll's camera crew having to do everything he does but with a camera, and as for going to a hotel, i think if i wanted to survive i'd do a gryll go a hotel and come back with a "MY NIPPLE GOT FROSTBITE AFTER SLEEPING IN THE SNOW" story

defo Bear Grylls, the man has recovered from a broken back and still decides to climb cliffs with no safety ropes!
:lol:

They didn't show an accurate shot of what he 'climbed', the camera was always close up and it was all shakey and dramatised.

I expect that 'climb' was more if a scramble and was relatively straight forward without ropes or protection!