What Trials Bike Has The Longgest Wheel Base ?

azif

So my friend is well big and wants to try trials out.His 6ft6 and 15 or 16 stone so he will need the strongest and longest bike avalible.Any ideas would be great.Cheers people

Edited by azif

You need to be looking at the reach (Centre of BB shell to top centre of head tube) rather than wheelbass, for example, a frame with high bb with feel much shorter than a frame of the same wheelbase which has low bb. I beleive the onza t-rex frames have good reach, but you are best looking on www.tartybikes.co.uk to see what frame has the longest reach. It also helps to have a long stem set up and risers.

Edit:

Just looked into it abit more, I reckon the best option available at tartybikes would be the Onza Limey 2.

The Geometry when measured with Echo Urban forks are as followed.

Wheelbase: 1085mm

Chainstay Length: 380mm

BB Rise: 10mm

Head Angle: 72.5 degrees

Centre of BB shell to top centre of head tube: 695mm (27.25")

Edited by JoNnY__Mc

You need to be looking at the reach (Centre of BB shell to top centre of head tube) rather than wheelbass, for example, a frame with high bb with feel much shorter than a frame of the same wheelbase which has low bb. I beleive the onza t-rex frames have good reach, but you are best looking on www.tartybikes.co.uk to see what frame has the longest reach. It also helps to have a long stem set up and risers.

Edit:

Just looked into it abit more, I reckon the best option available at tartybikes would be the Onza Limey 2.

Just thought I would quote that again before you go off and buy a vinco, wheelbase really does mean nothing, the important measurement is from the centre of BB shell to top centre of head tube.

The vinco may have a longer wheelbase than the limey I mentioned, but because of its higher bb it will have a shorter reach (I think) and will feel shorter... so will not be as well suited for your mate as the limey.

Sweet will do would i find any vids of them riding anywhere ?

This video has some footage of Krisboats riding his onza t-rex.

Some other TALL riders to look out for are Pisanka and Phil Williams.

Edited by JoNnY__Mc

Jonny's spot on with the wheelbase only being partially relevant. My rex is one of the longest riding bikes around just because i have such a huge stem on it. Bigmans koxx coust mk2 seemed longer again though and was very comfortable for me to ride on. The downside with getting a big stem on a medium sized wheelbase though is the way it sets you so far over the front wheel for natural riding, which i personally dislike. The stem seems to sit the bars almost too far forwards and it makes the bike feel like the front wheel should be another inch or so forwards.

The limey 2 looks very nice indeed, and i would love to have one myself, if only i wasn't a cheap student i probably would have.

Basically, low bb, long wheelbase and long bb to headtube measurement and you'll be very well set up. If not, go with the longest reach area possible (like the limey) and stick a big stem on with some riser bars. If your tall, the longer reach gives much more balance than a shorter bike with a high bb.

Zoo Pitbull modstock (long) is 1100 wheelbase. Selectbikes has one on sale for £199 also contact forum member (zhi). make sure your mate runs a stem with a rise between 17-25 degrees and riser bars like Neon to help the ride height. run a few stem spacers too.

Longest wheelbase I've known, was my 26" Czar Ivan first vesion (when they were silver). I had a long which was 1100 wheelbase, with Viz curve forks it was 1120 and with some random forks I got from a shop in Newcastle it would vary from 1120-1145, as the forks would bend, dpending on a tap or hook, lol.

Edit:

Edit:

You just copied jonnys post and removed the quotes? :S