Trying To Find A Bike

JonZebdi

Right,

i used to ride a mod a few years ago and want to know what kind it was and / or if there are still any kicking about?! anyway - thought you guys would be the best people to ask and hopefuly you will be able to help me out!! i have a few bits of info that i can remember about the bike!!

it was a monty - thats a good start at least i have norrowed things down a little

it was a 20" bike

the forks were like box tube metal

the forks were also the "double" type (as in these kind ones: http://www.airbornracingindustries.com/ima...llers/forks.gif - they came further up than normal forks if that makes sense)

and the bars kinda looked like they were off a BMX

it had a seat

sure it had pink stickers or something on - again i'm not sure if they were put on by my mate though

(will probs be an old-skool bike if anyone knows what it is)

now i hope that is enough to go off to possibly find the kinda bike i used to ride - i got it off a mate and that was the bike that got me into trials - would be chuffed if someone could help me out to find one like it or at least a pic of one - hopefully it was a "ready made bike" and not one someone threw together in their back garden!! lol!!

Cheers people,

Jon

Edited by JonZebdi

yes!! something similar to that but not exactly the same - the forks were like that red one and even the bash was something like that - but it was silver and like i say i am sure the "monty" stickers were pink

ooooh - getting close - i can feel it - sure someone will be able to find a pic of the bike i used to ride!! haha!!

Cheers bud,

Jon

YES!!

thats the one - i must have missed that on google - saying that i am having one of them days!!

thats spot on that mate!! cheers people - what do people think of it then?! i thought it was brill!! haha!!

Jon

lol - if you look at the headset on it - it was fun if the bolts werent tightend properly like and went big as the bars would move forward and that can be scary!!

was a canny little bike to ride when i was just starting out - wasnt the lightest of things and with the forks being the double things you couldnt get much turn on them but other than that - i found it a lovley little bike to ride!!

Jon

YES!!

thats the one - i must have missed that on google - saying that i am having one of them days!!

thats spot on that mate!! cheers people - what do people think of it then?! i thought it was brill!! haha!!

Jon

Friend of mine used to have one. Didn't ride that badly for basic stuff, but it obviously wasn't a TGS monster. Top-pull caliper brakes were pretty awful though, haha.

i did have a vid of me doing some VERY basic stuff - will see if i can dig it out or not - i think i may have lost it when i moved house though - will deffo have a look for it though!!

yeah the top pull brakes were FANTASTIC - NOT - they were pretty pants to be fair!!

Jon

Without that bike, none of us would be sitting here today

appreciated.

I imagine it was a barrel of fun when it was in its prime.

To compare it with modern bikes then, (N)

but to compare it to its own generation of bikes, (Y)

Hmm. They're calliper brakes.

I'd like a go on one, actually.

Edited by Revolver

must agree with the statement about comparing them to modern day bikes and the fact that in their day they were brill - was deffo "fun" to ride and sure they will still be some about somewhere!! wouldnt mind one again - maybe not to ride but more for a nostalgia kinda thing!! haha!!

Just out of interest - does anyone know anyone with one still or does anyone still have one!? i had to get rid of mine as i fooked it in a car crash - DOH - never mind!!

Jon