Tensile Tensioner 08?

The Stig

sorry, but i really think you are over reacting, you need to chill out. You have been offered a re-fund? and a discount on other products to soften the load....

Dan sells the product, not make it.

The tensile tensioner design seems very poor compared the the rolhoff, and the price reflects this.

YOU need to be getting at tensile, not dan. Yes he has had a poor reputation at times (no offence dan) but in my opinion, this is not his fault, and he has offered you a suitable set of options, take one and live with it.

sorry, but i really think you are over reacting, you need to chill out. You have been offered a re-fund? and a discount on other products to soften the load....

Dan sells the product, not make it.

The tensile tensioner design seems very poor compared the the rolhoff, and the price reflects this.

YOU need to be getting at tensile, not dan. Yes he has had a poor reputation at times (no offence dan) but in my opinion, this is not his fault, and he has offered you a suitable set of options, take one and live with it.

Did you read the thread?

yer, kinda got bored after all your effin and blinding, if dan is offering you a refund, why not just take it and go elsewhere.

end of topic then?

Why should he give you a rolhoff tensioner (which costs a fair bit more, and is a completely better standard) for free?

Trials is not a huge flowing money pot, its small, and its not easy for people such as T-UK and tarty to offer amazing refunds similar to the likes of chain reaction.

He has offered you what he can offer you, just decide on one of the options instead of slagging him off.

Like i say, take your refund, and go elsewhere, if you really want to warn people not to shop with dan, be political about it, dont just go motor mouth on his arse.

Right i have not eff and blinded!! I could of slagged him off to the hills, I have done no such thing!? The fact of the matter is i have asked for a refund not got one yet he has offered me a replacement but what good is that to me?

The order should of had sets of free nipples in there (strike1)

The spokes are sold as double butted they clearly aren't (strike 2)

The tensioner was sold under false pretences as he DID NOT specify the type of setup you could run (strike 3)

The fact that trials is not a huge area for buisnesses makes it even more so that a compensation/ refund should be given to keep custom.

The fact that Trials-uk is a small buisness does not dispute the fact that there are still trading standards and i am well within my rights to ask for an upgrade as the Yess tensioner offeed to me is that lesser quality of the Tensile one.

I have asked for a refudn from Dan and am still waiting for a reply.

I could be political and ay do not shop at Trials-uk but up untill now the customer service has been immense (Y)

So i tell you what instead of talking shit as you didn't read the thread because of a few swear words, just let it be and wait until Dan replies.

to be honest your're not being out of line, your just asking for what you should really have got and some compensation. yes trials is a small sport, but then the rules of business arent different because of that.

you can only ask adn see where it goes, its not like you're doing anything wrong.

The free nipples you should (legally) have as thats stated on the website - this is assuming the packing note and invoice has them listed.

The spokes are obviously plain guage from the photo supplied on the T-uk website, the fact it states they are double butted is an issue though.

As for the tensioner, I would say he is well within his rights to give you a replacement and a discount on a future order, but nothing more. If the replacement tensioner fails in the same manner then yes there is a problem, then I would persue the manufacturer directly not the retailer - its not unknown for a bad sample of a product to get through QC. Surely a chain tensioner will work on any setup, assuming youre not dumb enough to try to run it 1/2" out of line witht he sprocket then how can it fail? The false pretences thing baffles me.....

Personally I would take the replacement tensioner and see if that fails, if it does then take it further.

As a case in point.....

I bought a DMR STS from CRC, fitted it and it was shite - kept coming loose so I replaced it with a mech; instead of bitching and moaning I put it in a box of spare parts. 3 years later Im now using 80% of the same tensioner to keep my chain tight - works wonderfully, cant be hit or broken and keeps the chain tighter than any mech :)

Edited by forteh

the nipple thing i can see would piss you, or anyone off. i expect nipples with spokes, but have you concidered that dan would have been told by viz that they are double butted. i've not had any problems with t-uk, i just dislike this slamming on shops.

Right i have not eff and blinded!! I could of slagged him off to the hills, I have done no such thing!? The fact of the matter is i have asked for a refund not got one yet he has offered me a replacement but what good is that to me?

The tensioner was sold under false pretences as he DID NOT specify the type of setup you could run (strike 3)

The fact that trials is not a huge area for buisnesses makes it even more so that a compensation/ refund should be given to keep custom.

The fact that Trials-uk is a small buisness does not dispute the fact that there are still trading standards and i am well within my rights to ask for an upgrade as the Yess tensioner offeed to me is that lesser quality of the Tensile one.

I have asked for a refudn from Dan and am still waiting for a reply.

I could be political and ay do not shop at Trials-uk but up untill now the customer service has been immense (Y)

So i tell you what instead of talking shit as you didn't read the thread because of a few swear words, just let it be and wait until Dan replies.

Hi Tom,

Regarding about the nipples with your order. You made your order on the 9th/5/08 and it was dispatched the following Monday 12/5/08 as it was past our cut-off time on Friday. You contacted us with regards about you did not receive any nipples on the 19/5/08 so we then took this case and rectified it right away and dispatched a set of nipples for you on the same day as you informed us the problem with your order. The nipples should be with you by the following day (20/5/08 Today) of you letting us know the issue.

We urge customers to contact us straight away if they have any problems with their orders so it can be resolved right away.

About the spokes, We are given these details by the Manufactures them selfs so we advertise the product to their specification, however I will look into these spokes.

Description for the tensioner, Apologies for the confusion for the description, however no information stated that this tensioner could be used with 15T + sprockets, But I fully understand your point and I will try my best to resolve it with you and fulfill your order.

We do not intend to have any un-satisfied customers after shopping with us.

Again, This whole issue will be taken seriously and will be resolved immediately.

Thanks,

Dan

Long arm version will be available in a couple of weeks, Short arm version is really only for 14 tooth.

Maybe think about spring strength?

ANYWAY CLOSE THIS THING ALL SORTED :)

Edited by Boss