Riser Bar Choice?

eskimo

Used search and that, seems most say the EA70's. But they don't seem wide enough.

Anyhow looking for some with some nice rise like Monty but with not much backsweep unlike Monty. Also need to be wider than Monty's.

Weight, not bothered. Price, no more than £50. (post any priced one's to compare against)

Any ideas?

Edited by eskimo

i've extended those monty ones you sold me, and they feel very different...i run them tilted quite far forward so the sweep isn't too bad...very nice (Y)

otherwise- maybe trialtech bars?...not actually out yet but PM dave and see what's happening. Same shape as the monty but with slightly less rise, less sweep and wider...

or the new 26" monty bars (should be out soon)...less sweep, more width...

not got a clue about mtb bars :P

edit- "7075 butted construction, ~310g, 740mm wide, will be coming in black, silver or powdercoat white finish. Hopefully gonna be available towards the end of April/very early May"

Edited by zhi nuts!

these neon high rise bars look good

http://trials-uk.co.uk/product.aspx?productid=2232

Somehow I don't believe these bars are made of 7075. They're way too heavy, 370g is the weight of average 6061 bars.

The only explanation I can see is that they are over-engineered, or Neon isn't exactly honest about the alu used. Would be interested to see what the Tart has to say about this.

i've extended those monty ones you sold me, and they feel very different...i run them tilted quite far forward so the sweep isn't too bad...very nice (Y)

That's cool. But i don't think they'd still be what i was after even if i extended them? As for the Trialtech i doubt they'll be anything special.

I really like my try-all risers (the 'rage' ones). I got them at koxx days a few months ago so I've had a quite a few rides

Same as the Monty bars when it comes to the shape i found.

I use Truative Holzfeller bars, tilt them fowards slightly and you have no sweep. 710mm wide and strong a feck

I'll take a look.

these neon high rise bars look good

http://trials-uk.co.uk/product.aspx?productid=2232

Anyone know the geo on them? I'd ask Dan but i doubt he could tell me..

I just picked up my Deity bars around 30 mins ago - they look good, nice and light, they look very sturdy, can't wait to try them out.

These bars are like gold dust now though, so hard to find its untrue. Most places aren't going to have them until the end of July so if you can't find them locally or don;t mind the wait i'd consider something else.

They look/feel very narrow, guess im used to 30'' bars.....

Easton Monkey Lite DH, they are 28"wide and strong as fook!

I have been bashing my for two years now...

They cost enough, don't they :P

I just picked up my Deity bars around 30 mins ago - they look good, nice and light, they look very sturdy, can't wait to try them out.

These bars are like gold dust now though, so hard to find its untrue. Most places aren't going to have them until the end of July so if you can't find them locally or don;t mind the wait i'd consider something else.

They look/feel very narrow, guess im used to 30'' bars.....

Still too much back sweep, but otherwise they'd be alright.

Somehow I don't believe these bars are made of 7075. They're way too heavy, 370g is the weight of average 6061 bars.

The only explanation I can see is that they are over-engineered, or Neon isn't exactly honest about the alu used. Would be interested to see what the Tart has to say about this.

Those were my thoughts exactly. They look pretty 'flat' in their shape.

By MTB, do you mean 25.4mm thick (compared to 31.8 oversized trials ones)? Or just mountain bike handlebars in general?

Cos Try-all replicas are the nicest 25.4mm bars I've ever had. As for general MTB bars, my mate Mark had 'deiaty bars' (sp?), and they were really nise.

Just checked the bars myself and I can confirm they are indeed 6061 not what Neon stated as "7075" also they are 680mm width not 710mm.

Geo very similar to the Monty PR bars which is: 10 Degree rise and 11 Degree

Have you looked into the Sunline V-One bars? They seem very good:)

Sunline - V-One Risers

Just checked the bars myself and I can confirm they are indeed 6061 not what Neon stated as "7075" also they are 680mm width not 710mm.

Geo very similar to the Monty PR bars which is: 10 Degree rise and 11 Degree

Have you looked into the Sunline V-One bars? They seem very good:)

Sunline - V-One Risers

Yeah i saw. Pretty similar to the Echo range to be fair.

Edited by eskimo