Koxx Hoesel Dual Disc

AdamR28

Afternoon all,

Few new bits on my steed so thought I would grab a couple of pics...

- Try-All Rage bars. Only a teeny bit (1") wider than my Montys but the difference is noticeable, much better 'stance' on the bike and more control over the front wheel.

- DOB forks. Nice and light, stiff, look cool and match my colour scheme (the most important bit!? :lol:)

- EBC Green front brake pads. Testing these out (very good so far!) so thought I'd best do this on the standard rotor.

- Monty 221 Kamel rear rotor. A bit heavier than my Rockman but I've always found Hope rotors and Hope pads to work very well together so thought I would try it. Really impressed so far!

- 13T rear sprocket. This bike seems to be made for 18:13 ratio! Just feels much more agile, snappier, lighter... love it!

- Try-All Reinforced 'Light' chain. 1200kg breaking load (KMC Kool is 1300) so hardly any weaker, but about 15% lighter than a Kool. As used by all the Koxx pros and hasn't let me down yet...

- Trialtech carbon headset spacers. Just carbon spacers really... but nice white logos :)

- Few knobbles cut out of the rear tyre. Gives better grip I reckon, better mud clearing, and 45g saved.

Managed to source a 13T 7075 alloy rear sprocket too so that's going on asap!

Anyway... pics... Took 2 and couldn't decide which was best so you can have both :P

blackstone.jpg

blackstone2.jpg

Ads (Y)

Blackstone Edge... Best place ever?

edge.jpg

The pic shows about 1/8 (or less?) of the riding!

The 'Summer Air' video was filmed there (Y)

i know u are trying the DOB's for weight, but they are seriously not cool forks. Seem quite poorly designed in my opiinon?

I think the design is actually very good. What do you reckon's wrong with em Ben?

But rowan is a machine :P

Ive got dob forks, and im abit of a basher :P

yeah i guess is is a bit on the porky side :P bless, maybe its because he's getting old now......

Blackstone Edge... Best place ever?

edge.jpg

The pic shows about 1/8 (or less?) of the riding!

The 'Summer Air' video was filmed there (Y)

I think the design is actually very good. What do you reckon's wrong with em Ben?

rowans forks pretty much sheared on both the welds holding the legs to the steerer. pretty catastrophic really.

my god i want to go there!

Edited by craigjames

hmm, if i start off with the drop outs - They are not recessed (if i remember correctly) so if your QR / bolts work loose, the wheel could more easily drop out before you notice than say urban forks where there is a small 'rim' around the bolt.

I did not like the look of the welds, but i cant really comment as a rode for deng for a couple o years lol.

I know im a bit of a basher (ok alot, but shhhh) but i just felt that they would snap unexpectedly.

hmm, if i start off with the drop outs - They are not recessed (if i remember correctly) so if your QR / bolts work loose, the wheel could more easily drop out before you notice than say urban forks where there is a small 'rim' around the bolt.

See, to me that's a good design feature. If you're not a muppet then there is no need for 'safety' dropouts, they were only designed to stop yanks from suing bike companies, haha. The flat plates just make it easier to get the wheel out. You would think it's necessary on the rear too but nobody does it...

As for the welds, those aren't design features :P But I do think the old saying 'strong, light, cheap - pick two' applies quite nicely here.

P.I.M.P.

Never dissapoint do you Adam haha

Second moment of area of the legs would be much better if they just bunged more material to the outside in the tubes? Rather than have the bit running down the middle of both legs.