Triton Deema

forteh

Got the frame off thechink on friday night and bugger me if it aint light :)

Hopefully the it should all be built up tonight, depends if I can bodge togther a spoke chain tensioner at work today :D

frame%20weight.JPG

Will post more pictures, geometry and stuff when Ive finished.

Got the frame off thechink on friday night and bugger me if it aint light :)

Hopefully the it should all be built up tonight, depends if I can bodge togther a spoke chain tensioner at work today :D

Will post more pictures, geometry and stuff when Ive finished.

Lol I've got that set of scales.

Titanium isn't it?

Lol ours dont work anymore really, as my brother washed them.

Could always stick a booster on it? It might cure a bit of the downward flex you'd get.

Hurry up and build it so we can see it finished!

Ive got an control booster I can put on whilst the maggie is fitted, DD will eliminate it though :D

Im pissed off I have to work now, I should be building it lol

double disc sucks on a stock.....so im hoping its a mod

Pfft stop trying to piss on my bonfire, its a stock :P

Im going to try DD to see what its like now that decent brakes have been invented, last time I tried anything trials with a rear disk it was a 160 hope mini and it fair sucked :D

Will be keeping my maggie setup incase I dont like the disk on the back :)

Looks good.

But all the rear bb7 I have tried didn't really lock properly.

No where near as good as a hope mini, maybe you tried a non-working one.

Hmm yet everyone raves about the BB7? :S

It was an old 2piece mini, not even a mono - still got it on the back of my santacruz. A mono trial in a decent size (200 not 160 lol) would eat that old brake; Im not sure the frame will even fit a 200 rotor, got to try it and check for clearance.

If I manage to put the frame through a tenth of that level of punishment Id be suprised, awesome video (Y)

Im not concerned about using the maggie on the frame as I have a booster I can use, just want to try out DD at some point :)

bloody awesome lil vid that! some huge riding.

i found my rear bb7 had plenty of hold, but the bite wasnt there, it would slip a bit and then hold. that was running 185 rotor, the 203 i ran for a few months was a bit better, but still not great. i've not tried a mono trial, but i can imagine they are a fair bit better thana bb7. plus they have a more solid feel at the lever.

Well it built :D

Rough guess on the bathroom scales is about 10.5kg, will get a proper weight of it tomorrow at work :)

Off out for a play on it to see if my 22g chain tensioner falls apart >_<

Pictures later.

The brake is actually really stiff. My Triton is heavier than yours so maybe they've used different, stiffer tubes.

Either way I don't use a booster and the brake is just fine.

I noticed that when looking at your bike :)

The brake at the moment is the same as how it was on the hifi when I had the control booster on - hold was ok but bugger all bite; the brake was awesome without a booster, just before I took it apart (bloody typical!)

Ive taken the lower booster bolts out and it doesnt seem a great deal better, will try taking the booster off all together and see how it goes. I had presumed that the titanium being inherently more flexible than aluminium would go all over the place without a booster so fitted it.

Im giving blood tonight so might not be able to get out to test it :(

Edited by forteh