Adulthood

Danny Kearns

http://www.adulthoodthemovie.co.uk/

Yeah so, this movie looks a right cracker, Off to watch it tomorrow night me thinks. Basically the topic for what people think it's gonna be like/what it is like if you've seen it.

Basically, Discussion topic for it.

Edited by Danny Kearns

here we go again with the next wave of pseudo politically minded ignorant gangster wannabe's who think they're enlightened by the harrowing message in this and shank someone out of contempt for themselves and the horrible stereotypes they perpetuate.

sounds like a poster film for the daily mail atitude of middle england.

i'll wait for dambusters thanks.

here we go again with the next wave of pseudo politically minded ignorant gangster wannabe's who think they're enlightened by the harrowing message in this and shank someone out of contempt for themselves and the horrible stereotypes they perpetuate.

That is so baised it's un-real. It's a film, showing what the streets of London are like. There is not need what so ever for big technical words like which you have just used.

But like i said, this is a discussion topic for people's opinion, regardless, it's not possiable for you to have seen it yet, so to be honest, i don't know how you can make a re-mark like you just have.

That is so baised it's un-real. It's a film, showing what the streets of London are like. There is not need what so ever for big technical words like which you have just used.

But like i said, this is a discussion topic for people's opinion, regardless, it's not possiable for you to have seen it yet, so to be honest, i don't know how you can make a re-mark like you just have.

Actually, it was possible for me to have seen it already 'cos I got tickets to the preview screening at London with Bashy. Couldn't be f**ked so I let my friend go.

Incidentally, my friend said it was 'alright'.

From my experience, the 'streets of London' aren't really like Kidulthood for a start, so bearing in mind the reviews I've read of Adulthood, Adulthood's not particularly similar either.

f**king hell Danny it's only GCSE level English. You need it dumbing down?

Now now, Swearing isn't needed.

Actually, it was possible for me to have seen it already 'cos I got tickets to the preview screening at London with Bashy. Couldn't be f**ked so I let my friend go.

Lucky man :o

Edited by Danny Kearns

Watching it tomorrow night after work as there are bugger all else films to watch ( i mean 'teeth' what the f**k is that all about? ), kidulthood aint bad, they are just overexaggerations of what life would actually be like in certain areas, whilst just dealing with specific issues

looks pretty shit to be honest, trailer gave no story line and just showed random people killing each other?

why dont you just watch the news at home instead of wasting 7quid in a cinema? youll get too see almost the same thing.

that brings me onto another thing, the prices cinemas charge is ludicrous (wish i could spell that) if your 15 your an adult aparantly, 15 year olds cant buy alcohol, cant get into clubs. so why are 15 year olds classed adults to watch movies? the government needs to step in and tell the cinemas the f**k off or change thier age limits!

kidULTHOOD Was a good film.

I shall be going to watch adultHOOD tonight.

Thats pretty much all there is too it. Not going to be the poilitical turning point of my life, but is going to be a good couple of hours.

As are we, and to be honest, i'm really not interested in it in the slightest, would much rather spend my last 10 quid before the 28th in some other way but there we go. :lol:

No offense, but bearing in mind the wording of that statement i can see why the film appeals to you, it may be a bias statement, but its my opinion. The film looks beyond terrible, i completely agree with the statement you had a problem with, reinforcing bullshit stereotypes. How do you know the streets of London are like that?

I've lived in the scummiest part of Nottingham for the last 4 years (where they filmed 'This is England') and all the bullshit gansta wannabes live round here shooting everyone they dislike etc....(stereotypical gang behaviour) and while it DOES happen, films like this are no way near a true depiction of what it is like. I've been in the alley behind my house watching a drug dealer hold a knive to the throat of someone in need of some coke, mugging him of al his money, and you know what it wasn;t glamarous, it wasn;t sexy - it was pathetic, as are the people who take part in that way of life. Films like this appeal to people of that inclination and endorse attitudes like that, even if it is not the films intentions. I genuinly hate crap like this.

Also people who say ''theres nothing good on at the cinema at the moment'' - well stop just going to UGC/Cineworld etc..... for your entire film choice. I go to an independent cinema called 'Broadway' which was voted one of the best in the world recently, and usually all of the films they are showing i have never heard of, or have seen advertised, but usually i am amased by what i see. Independent cinema needs endorsing much more, the quality of films continually out is phenominal, usually they just don't make it to the big cinemas as there is no enough explosions/big names in them.

Open your mind to decent films, then hopefully stuff like adulthood won't get made.

Watching it tomorrow night after work as there are bugger all else films to watch ( i mean 'teeth' what the f**k is that all about? ), kidulthood aint bad, they are just overexaggerations of what life would actually be like in certain areas, whilst just dealing with specific issues

"Teeth" is about vagina dentata, where a girl has a vagina with teeth! haha

And Kildulthood is an exaggeration of life in them areas, if it wasn't exaggerated the film would be boring.

Edited by Sucram

"Teeth" is about vagina dentata, where a girl has a vagina with teeth! haha

I saw the advert for that the other day and was like WTF I mean seriously who thinks up shit like that lmao.

Will go see Adulthood, I really don't see why people are making such a big deal over it though, do you all moan about James Bond cos' real life isn't like that?

I saw the advert for that the other day and was like WTF I mean seriously who thinks up shit like that lmao.

Will go see Adulthood, I really don't see why people are making such a big deal over it though, do you all moan about James Bond cos' real life isn't like that?

people who had a bad trip on pills while banging someone on the blob?

i quite obviously dont endorse taking pills for any reason, especially to get inspiration for movies..

Is James Bond attempting to be a depiction of real life? Or is it based on a long existing series of novels? James Bond is entirely based on fictional activities and is unashademdly portraying a falsified story, not based on reality. Whilst in draws in current themes and locations it is not a reflection of ''what it is to be a young spy growing up on the streets''. However James Bond is bullshit and has turned in to a two hour long advert for Sony and Gilette so it has about as much credibility as adulthood.

yeh but james bond has a cool watch and is codenamed 007. how can you top that? :-

i probs didnt listen in gcse.

Mat