Echo urban vee

Onza stem, Zoo bars, Specialized lock-on grips

Echo CNC cranks, GU bash, Outland pedals

Hope Pro 2, Trialtech rim

Hope xc, Mavic d521 rim

Maxxis minion back tyre

Hutchinson scorpion front tyre

Brakes:

Front - Shimano deore xt arms, Neco red pads, 80's steel backings, Clarks cable, Avid sd7 lever

Back - Promax arms, Inspired pads, Heatsink mk2 adaptors, Random cable, Avid sd7 lever

Weight (for those who care) - 11.9kg

Edited by JoNnY__Mc

Looking good dude :)

Nice to see more dual vee stups about - wish Deng would put out some vee frames though!

Have you had any trouble running a thin rim with a vee on the Urbans at all? That's my only concern with my new forks :P

Yeah would be nice to see some vee frames from deng, would be nice if he made the vee adaptors too cos the heatsink ones are waaaay expensive!

My front vee works really well, I wouldn't say it was particularly hard to set up and I wouldnt put my problems down to a narrow rim. Because I cant put anymore spacers infront of the pads (shit backings) the arms have to be set so they are pulled close together (if that makes any sense). The main problems with my brake are lack of adjustability and fork flex, if I had something like avid sd7 arms with heatsink backings on the front I think this would solve my problems.

Yeah would be nice to see some vee frames from deng, would be nice if he made the vee adaptors too cos the heatsink ones are waaaay expensive!

My front vee works really well, I wouldn't say it was particularly hard to set up and I wouldnt put my problems down to a narrow rim. Because I cant put anymore spacers infront of the pads (shit backings) the arms have to be set so they are pulled close together (if that makes any sense). The main problems with my brake are lack of adjustability and fork flex, if I had something like avid sd7 arms with heatsink backings on the front I think this would solve my problems.

Awesome, dual Ultimates should be good to go then ;)

If Deng were to put out a slightly more 'old school' frame with vee mounts, I can see lots of interest

Inspired pads?

my exact thoughts ,tell us more please :rolleyes:

Alrite lads, to be honest they are just temporary replacments until I get some more material off Neco pads!

They seem ok, worked nice yesterday when I got my bike back from tartybikes but when I went for a ride it started raining! After that they went poo :( Then I rode the tartybikes set up but they went wank again because of the dust and stuff and it was dead humid and sticky inside.

I rode again on them today, gave the rim a good clean and stuff with water expecting them to work better but with no luck... Regardless of this I went out riding and hoped that they would work better after some more bedding in. The brake slipped on a small drop which ended up with me on my arse, and then slipped again on a tap and when I jumped back I landed awkwardly and rolled on my ankle <_<

I reckon I will ask Adam how he got the brake to work so good!

I like how plain it is, and the 3 gold parts go well.

Why do people not run the chain through both jockey wheels?? The way you have it there just over one, I would think, because there isnt a decent amount of rap around the cog, that it would be suseptable to slipping??

I have issues when it comes to these things so take no notice if your bikes runs fine. But one other thing I will say is that having your chain so loose would create slapping on your chain stay, which in turn makes a f**k load of stupid noise and wrecks your frame!!

For set ups on my bikes I always like to make sure the chain is proper tight so the hub is working to full potential, so your not kicking to get the chain taught before the hub engages. Having a hope wont help with that in the first place. :giggle:

A good chain line with a cog that wont cut into my hub, a clean, unstretched, robust chain and a tensioner with a f**king tight spring that gives good wrap around the cog is essential in my books. Stan Shaw knows where its at!!!

Sorry as ive said dont take this too personally, im sure you like the way your bike rides.

Peace

Edited by glasvagas

I like how plain it is, and the 3 gold parts go well.

Why do people not run the chain through both jockey wheels?? The way you have it there just over one, I would think, because there isnt a decent amount of rap around the cog, that it would be suseptable to slipping??

I have issues when it comes to these things so take no notice if your bikes runs fine. But one other thing I will say is that having your chain so loose would create slapping on your chain stay, which in turn makes a f**k load of stupid noise and wrecks your frame!!

For set ups on my bikes I always like to make sure the chain is proper tight so the hub is working to full potential, so your not kicking to get the chain taught before the hub engages. Having a hope wont help with that in the first place. :giggle:

A good chain line with a cog that wont cut into my hub, a clean, unstretched, robust chain and a tensioner with a f**king tight spring that gives good wrap around the cog is essential in my books. Stan Shaw knows where its at!!!

Sorry as ive said dont take this too personally, im sure you like the way your bike rides.

Peace

Cheers for the advice mate its much appreciated :) The mech was only meant to be a temporary bodge until I can afford a rholoff but I still haven't got a job so I will have to leave it like that :( I would run it through both jockey wheels but it only has one and I don't have another to put on!! Either way it still works and hasn't slipped in the 7 months its bin like that!

And the chain... the chain is as short as it will go unfortunately :( I wish I could take out another link as it looks crap how it is and I do get chain slap, but thats why I put the chain stay protector on there! I can't wait to go back to a KHE collapse chain, KMC chains seem to hate me for some reason and always snap after a few months.

I think the next changes for me will be a different lighter front wheel, Rholoff tensioner, KHE collapse chain, 16t cog on the back, trialtech bars, trialteck grips.

I wish to god money grew on trees :P

Jonny mate, You'll piss easily get another link out of that.

I'll talk to you on msn :P It's not possible!!!!

(Y)

And god that's fit! I makes me want one, (this way I know I genuinely like it , and don't just say ooo that's nice when commenting peoples bikes lol.)

Cheers man :) Glad you like it! Needs a few bits though to finish it though (N)

Cheers for the advice mate its much appreciated :) The mech was only meant to be a temporary bodge until I can afford a rholoff but I still haven't got a job so I will have to leave it like that :( I would run it through both jockey wheels but it only has one and I don't have another to put on!! Either way it still works and hasn't slipped in the 7 months its bin like that!

And the chain... the chain is as short as it will go unfortunately :( I wish I could take out another link as it looks crap how it is and I do get chain slap, but thats why I put the chain stay protector on there! I can't wait to go back to a KHE collapse chain, KMC chains seem to hate me for some reason and always snap after a few months.

I think the next changes for me will be a different lighter front wheel, Rholoff tensioner, KHE collapse chain, 16t cog on the back, trialtech bars, trialteck grips.

I wish to god money grew on trees :P

Shit man money will have to grow on trees if you want to spend 50 quid on trialtech bars.

Dont get me wrong I think this whole trialtech thing that is starting to take over is a brilliant revelation, not to diss deng or anything but its time he had some proper competition.

How can a simple pair of alloy bars cost 50 quid???geess credit crunch goes too far!!!

I would rather just buy a pair of cheaper monty bars and hammer some wood in the end to make them wider, cos at the end of the day that all the trialtech bars are. Daves obviously seen that people miss the old zoo bars because you cant get them anymore and took advantage of that, which from a business point of veiw is a ace idea, but not so much from the struggling wallets of young trials riders.

Oh and make sure you get the rholhoff with the longer arm(not the shorter one) on it so the jockey wheel doesnt hit the 16tooth cog when you run it up high! A problem I found when I got my 30 quid one off ebay. doh!

Anyway ill stop now. :closedeyes:

Shit man money will have to grow on trees if you want to spend 50 quid on trialtech bars.

Dont get me wrong I think this whole trialtech thing that is starting to take over is a brilliant revelation, not to diss deng or anything but its time he had some proper competition.

How can a simple pair of alloy bars cost 50 quid???geess credit crunch goes too far!!!

I would rather just buy a pair of cheaper monty bars and hammer some wood in the end to make them wider, cos at the end of the day that all the trialtech bars are. Daves obviously seen that people miss the old zoo bars because you cant get them anymore and took advantage of that, which from a business point of veiw is a ace idea, but not so much from the struggling wallets of young trials riders.

Oh and make sure you get the rholhoff with the longer arm(not the shorter one) on it so the jockey wheel doesnt hit the 16tooth cog when you run it up high! A problem I found when I got my 30 quid one off ebay. doh!

Anyway ill stop now. :closedeyes:

Didn't realise they cost that much :o To be fair I quite like my Zoo bars for now!

Your like a book of knowledge! Cheers for posting man :)