Gultimate, '06 Naturally

Zordon

I've just switched from a BB7 to vee today and, after the first ride, the front brake works horribly. It locks the wheel instantly with no modulation and it's mega loud. I'm scared of riding above 5mph as the breaking would be followed by falling off the bike. I think it's because of Plaz pads and painted rim. I'll probably look for either standard avid pads or coustvees.

I've just switched from a BB7 to vee today and, after the first ride, the front brake works horribly. It locks the wheel instantly with no modulation and it's mega loud. I'm scared of riding above 5mph as the breaking would be followed by falling off the bike. I think it's because of Plaz pads and painted rim. I'll probably look for either standard avid pads or coustvees.

My coustsinks on a smooth were REALLY good, not to loud, not to sharp dont lock on instantly, have a desent modulation and are just generaly AMAZING.

Bike looks hot man :)

Edited by BenLeacockâ„¢

Nice :) What's the weight?

8,79kg

Good luck with fitting a new tyre on with that rear V. ;)

Looking fresh. B)

Actually, there's still few milimeters left between the cable and bold tyre. Should be fine with a new one. Anyway, I ride 99,9 street and 95% in dry so a slick tyre isn't an issue.

Bike looks awesome man, how're you finding that front tyre?

First of all, it is unbelieveably light - 360g. My previous tyre was Maxxis MaxDaddy 2,25 so it wasn't a trials-specific tyre too. Given the one ride I've had on the new setup, I don't find any difference in grip between both.

First of all, it is unbelieveably light - 360g. My previous tyre was Maxxis MaxDaddy 2,25 so it wasn't a trials-specific tyre too. Given the one ride I've had on the new setup, I don't find any difference in grip between both.

Awesome, will be interesting to see how you get along with it. Keep us updated :)

Fsa K-force xc carbon risers i THINK, i had a pair on xc bike for abit.

Almost correct. It's Fsa K-force DH. Do you think I would risk my back and expensive helmet using an XC bars in trials? :P . The DH version is already light enough (210g) as it's full carbon (not a carbon-wrapped aluminium).

ewww front V brake, guess if you wanted it light weight... but other than that there's no excuse for having a V.

the rest of the bike is PHIT.

sorry but wtf you on about my front v has been so much better than any front magura . maggis jus dont hold as much as v on

say big gap to front.

I was actually looking at these bars on a downhill bike today and wondering if anybody was using them for trials. For some reason I wouldn't trust them, they're not carbon fibre reinfoced, they're fully carbon fibre. Hope they're ok with you mate. Great looking bike, it's interesting how few trials-specific parts you need to build up a mod.

dont see to many mods with dual vee setups anymore. I could see the bigger tire being a problem but the ultimate arms have a lower profile noodle so you should be ok.

What pads are you running front and rear??

Plaz by looks of it, Amazing vee pads, better than most