The 4x4 Thread

Chandler

does anyone know anything about the laws regaurding bobtailing?

i've had a chat about it with a mate and he seems to think that it wouldnt need to be tested as the wheelbase isn't altered ,but another person iv'e spoken to reckons you do :S

cheers,steve

If you bobtail it and do not alter the wheel base it's a case of sharp edges for the MOT, if you DO alter the wheelbase it will need a VIC test.

If you bobtail it and do not alter the wheel base it's a case of sharp edges for the MOT, if you DO alter the wheelbase it will need a VIC test.

Yeah, all you're doing is changing the bodywork - as long as it's all done properly you shouldn't have any problems (Y)

cheers for that,so fitting a rear winchbumper or something simular would render te vechile safe?

cheers for that,so fitting a rear winchbumper or something simular would render te vechile safe?

I haven't got a clue what you mean, however don't fit a winch to your motor.

If you've got a winch *everybody* wants a tow out, and you can hardly say no can you ? Just take a hand winch, a tree saver and a snatch rope in addition to the usual axe, shovel, good towing rope, solid bar, hammer and screwdrivers.

I haven't got a clue what you mean, however don't fit a winch to your motor.

:huh:

Winches are great for off roading (and i know you do a fair bit, Steve) rescue yourself, rescue your mates, do winch challenges, be safe in the knowledge you can get yourself out of most predicaments.

It's allll about the Fairey Capstan though, when it comes to winches ;)