The 4x4 Thread

Chandler

Driving down a little country lane at midnight in the rain, going round a corner when i see a f**king deer right in front, tried to swerve around and then ended up 10 meters from the road and about 2 meters down a bank on the roof....

Shame really... nice vehicle. I love the retro colour scheme too

I would have been tempted to ram the deer, but apparently when they come flying through the windscreen they can kill you,

so look on the bright side eh!

It obviously needs a big FAIL sign sticking on it, seeing as it was defeated by the "off-road"..

Thats crashing at high speed, nothing to do with offroading...

Id rather have been in that than saxo. Far from failure!

Lol, you say buy a porche, yet porche are one of the compainies that are producing such a sports/off road thingy with the cayenne.

If you want a sports car buy an aston/ferrar/koinogsegg whatever.

If you want an offroad buy a defender 90 :)

what if you DO want a bit of both

ie. an offroader thats quick, and decent inside (unlike defenders lol)

(I think we have confirmed its not the Cayenne)

then what would u get?

Edited by Chandler

v8 disco 3.

Not massivly fast but to be honest its difficult to find somthing suitable for PROPER off roading (to be honest a fiat panda 4x4 would be fine for green laning..) that also has decent performace. Unless you get a bowler wildcat or somthing like that..

430 scuderia on stilts?

forget that, check this out:

http://www.channel4.com/4car/ft/feature/motor+show/12934/1

how cool is that!

What do people think of 4x4 minivans? I think they rock :rockon:lol

Remember the Toyota TownAce and Mitubishi Delica....

Shame there isnt anything current like them

A few concepts kicking around though - Ford Airstream, EZ-Miev, etc

wired some in on my mates daihatsu, basically drill through the roof, use a grommet, feed the wire down the inside of the headlining, down the a pillar, mount a switch in the dash, then run a wire from the switch to either a live in the fusebox, or to the battery job done.

alternative to that is to run the wire down the rail for the roofbars, and into the vehicle via the panel gap in the tailgate, but then you got to root the cable right the way down the vehicle.

wired some in on my mates daihatsu, basically drill through the roof, use a grommet, feed the wire down the inside of the headlining, down the a pillar, mount a switch in the dash, then run a wire from the switch to either a live in the fusebox, or to the battery job done.

alternative to that is to run the wire down the rail for the roofbars, and into the vehicle via the panel gap in the tailgate, but then you got to root the cable right the way down the vehicle.

Thanks, thats useful :cheers:

• 5 months later...

i know its a old topic but it saves making a new one.

just wonder has anyone been to brf auto sports offroading site before?me and my mate went to avon dasset the other weekend and now were going to try this place out ,has anyone got any warnings or advise for us ^_^

cheers,steve

I see your swimming, and raise you the best £80 i've ever spent:

swimming.jpg

Dooor.jpg

And the inside:

P1020278.jpg

That thing was a beast, paid £80 for it, flared the arches with a winch (didn't work too well) welded the diffs, put the Insa Turbos on and it was an absolute machine for all of 20 minutes. Broke a half shaft, then another one, then snapped the chassis :(

Got £120 for it at weigh in though :P

I <3 Land Rovers.

Edited by Marvin the Martian