Rulong Frames

ZHI_Chris

That's the original post.

Just someone asked the price and I replied.

I'm not trying to undercutting stores. I really glad to help stores to contact the company.

Look at his first post... Exactly! All he did was post a picture of a frame and the geo and weight.... Did he speak about a company name or how much they were.... no.... Lay off him, this forum gets worse by the day. (which is a real shame!)

Quit all the bitching and just be thankful that someone is posting up new frames that haven’t hit the UK yet and could be available.

I think people should probably lay off with the "It's a rip-off of Monty."

It's similar, yes.

Who made the first bike with no seat?

I've not been in the game long enough to know - but now everyone's doing it.

Are they all ripping off that first company?

All they've done, is take a successful design, and integrate it into their own.

It's not a rip-off... It's knowing what works, and using it.

My two pence....

I think people should probably lay off with the "It's a rip-off of Monty."

It's similar, yes.

Who made the first bike with no seat?

I've not been in the game long enough to know - but now everyone's doing it.

Are they all ripping off that first company?

All they've done, is take a successful design, and integrate it into their own.

It's not a rip-off... It's knowing what works, and using it.

My two pence....

This isn't just a case of a bike with no seat. Its a copy of the looks of a monty kamel. Close up you can telly they arnt the same frame but at a distance it would be harder to tell (other than the colours)

How is it a successful design (the kamel) when it hasn't been out that long?

I've got no problem with companys copying frames or any other bike part. Sometimes they do a bettter job of it. It's when they claim its their design and they clearly just picked it out of a catalog that annoys me. I'm not saying Rulong are claiming this.

To all those say; "oh my god it looks like a Dob, must be related to Dob".

Guess what, it looks like a Kamel, does that mean its related or a sub-brand of Monty?

If you want a good experience, and proper support as a rider, then buy reputable brands from reputable dealers. For a few quid more, everyone benefits.

In the case of Rulong frames, I believe that Chris is the only importer/distributor in the UK, so its not like I can go to an established dealer and get one if I am interested in one.

I also believe that Zhi does provide warranty, under manufacturer's warranty, not his own.

Am I correct in saying that the established UK brand Onza has no warranty on their bikes or frames?

Guess what, it looks like a Kamel, does that mean its related or a sub-brand of Monty?

In the case of Rulong frames, I believe that Chris is the only importer/distributor in the UK, so its not like I can go to an established dealer and get one if I am interested in one.

I also believe that Zhi does provide warranty, under manufacturer's warranty, not his own.

Am I correct in saying that the established UK brand Onza has no warranty on their bikes or frames?

if i have my facts straight:

zhi buys these cheap from the backdoor of the factory, no warranty, no nothing...

onza have a half price replacement scheme aswell as a standard warranty for manufacturing defects.

appologies for getting a bit rude.

Ben

Edited by Ben Cox

It's more that the parts of the frame are actually identical. Not in Zona Zip == Python stylee, but as in actually identical

Also, Ben, your posts seem to be nearly all really lairy lately. I see your point, but there are undoubtedly better ways to put them across...

I would guess external looking at Biddles, Not sure though (Y)

Adams right they are external.

Heres the link to my topic with the frame on a fully built bike:

Clicky Clicky =]

Comparisson from the rulong frame to the monty kamel the only resemblence is the hump.

Geo's are slightly different , the monty has an internal headset instead of the external on the rulong;

The monty has plates on the rear triangle of the frame where as the rulong frame doesnt.

Their the main thingys i can point out because I have never ridden the monty kamel.

Will post a proper review after Ive had a proper main ride on the bike.

Cheers,

Biddle ^_^