Pedal Poll

Ezg_Cannuck

Preferences: Caged pedals or platform?  

88 members have voted

1. 1. Title says it all, caged or platform?

• Caged Pedals
    • Platform Pedals

My cage pedals were ok at first (cheapy vp ones). But after a few weeks of having them, the cages started to snap, bolts rip out and ended up with them snapping on me! Im by no means a massive rider, and was surprised at how short period of time they lasted me, as i know a few of the top riders use them.

I then went to a set of new v12's, which to be honest, were utter w*nk! All the pins fell out after about 2 weeks, and the onesthat were left, felt real loose, no grip left whatso ever.

So then i went to a set of new v8's, and same problem as with the v12's, loads of pins fell out. Not as many as on the v12's, so still useable, but i was still shocked at how easily they fell out.

Now i have gone back to a set of old v8's i had in my garage. About 3 years old, not one pin missing, still smooth, and are working awsome. Very very impressed with them. By far the best pedals i have ever had. P*ss all over them v12's i had.

Owen

DMR V8's. I was looking around for something different to reduce the shin carnage when I slipped and something that didnt lose so many pins but there was nothing I fancied that didn't cost the national debt of a small country. For a couple of quid I replaced all the pins with M5 stainless grub screws and havent had a problem since. Made great pedals into awesome ones.

Having used platfom pedals and V8's I'd say your chances of shin carnage are significantly less with the V8's for two reasons; firstly, you're a lot less likely to slip off in the first place (A lot of platform pedals are high enough off he pedal axle that they can roll out from under your feet) and pedal pins don't seems to do as much damage as beartrap pedal cages when they do hit.