Apple Are A Bunch Of c**ts!

Boswell

I love the way that if microsoft did this everyone would like be "money grabbing multi national corp" but cus its apple everyone's like "innovative, cool, we like!"

Im a mac user, and i think itunes is good. However the store is wank, buy them in mp3 format only, then copy them into itunes. Long way around and not much help now i guess....

itunes is shit and the single reason I have a normal mp3 player instead of an ipod.

There is software other than itunes that you can use for an ipod

Also what reasons do you all seem to have in bashing itunes as usually its just a 'lets all jump on the bandwagon' kind of argument

You can use Winamp. It allows you to set the quality of file you want to upload as well.

iTunes bashing, for me happens because of the following;

1) It shines a turd. It makes rubbish mix's sound great, when for someone like me I don't want it to do that.

2) They overcharge you for music depending where you are in the world. The US Store costs a lot less money than the UK Store

You can use Winamp. It allows you to set the quality of file you want to upload as well.

iTunes bashing, for me happens because of the following;

1) It shines a turd. It makes rubbish mix's sound great, when for someone like me I don't want it to do that.

2) They overcharge you for music depending where you are in the world. The US Store costs a lot less money than the UK Store

If you don't like it. Don't use it.

It's designed for consumers who have CDs and want to listen them on to an Apple MP3 player. If other people want to use it then you hardly have the right to moan about it. Audiophiles should use more advanced software if they need to, or just listen to it through a CD player and speakers.

You don't HAVE to buy from the iTunes music store, and as far as I'm aware, it's the record labels which insisted that different countries had different pricing due to the difference in their economies and inflation.

For me I hated iTunes because of the long winded way you put music on your iPod.

You've got your stylish little Creative Zen Stone Plus 2gb, you want to put some tracks on it:

1) Plug in MP3 player

2) Window pops up showing contents

3) Delete files I don't want / drag in files I do want on there

You've got your sleek looking 4gb iPod Nano:

1) Plug in iPod

2) Wait a f**king age for iTunes to load

3) Get spammed about new versions

4) Please wait while I auto sync to your iPod (PS, to turn this useless feature off, will take another 5 steps)

5) Go into library

6) Hunt for tracks because they have poor ID3 tags (Rather than if I was just storing them in a folder in Windows under album name)

7) Drag said files into a playlist / create a new playlist

8) Set iTunes to sync to this playlist

9) Wait for it to sync - Oh noes! You haz a WMA file - we cannot haz this!

10) Wait for iTunes to convert WMA to MP3

Hmm, I wonder which one I went for in the end.

If you don't like it. Don't use it.

You don't HAVE to buy from the iTunes music store, and as far as I'm aware, it's the record labels which insisted that different countries had different pricing due to the difference in their economies and inflation.

I don't use it. Not often anyway...

I don't think I've once purchased from the store, ever. Not sure about the pricing situation as I don't work in that section so (N).