Www.trialsmad.forumotion.com

tom aky

Hey guys im making a Forum for my A level IT project and its a trials one and before you say am trying to take over trials forum or out lol am not ill probs delete it after im finished with it unless people want it so please become a member and lots positive feedback lol and ideas for improving:D

Thanks Tom

Even if there isn't any course work, i'm not entirely sure what you are expecting us to feedback on? It's a free forum, you enter your name, email address, and it does everything for you. Only thing to feedback on is your choice of free forum, section names, and i guess the order in which you've done the sections, but what use is that to anyone, let alone an IT teacher when coming to review you, and the site you've done?

Fair enough, the curriculum may have vastly changed, but i'm not questioned the course, or deliverables, i'm just wondering how this is of use to anyone in helping to grade you? :)

More importantly...

It's shit. You've mispelt words on the Forum Area Descriptions, and you've used a PHP default layout.

Now, enough of getting on your back.

Tell us what you need to do for your course project and i'm sure everyone will offer suggestions and help (Y)

Edited by Pashley26

Ahhh, ok.

Well what i'd suggest is make it as easy to read and use as possiable. Get a few members, and even make yourself duplicate accounts. If you can, make;

A - A Gallery, with a few demonstration photo's that are clear in the preview and the full screen views.

B - If you can, the Video facility on PHPBB. If you can get it to work with a demonstration video, then get somebody (or make a new account yourself) to upload a Video.

C - Get your own Theme, theres lots of PHP sites out there. Something that is easy to read/understand

And most importantly, try and link it to key words. So you can say that if you type in "Toms forum" for instance on Google it comes up with you forum in the top 1 to 10.

And anyting else is out of my depth. Alot of people on here are VERY IT Literate, and well certified. Good luck with it (Y)

Wtf onza you do not read any of it its a new bloody sylabus this year so doubt theres maybe even 1 more of these the college just gone back in last week and different schools do different course so to be honest i bet there's not even 1 over thread so dont be pain in the ass. THANK you pashley thats exactly what i needed :D

Ask Danny and Tom if you can claim Trials-Forum as your own for a few days?

Win?

Couldnt really do that to be honest and i doubt they would let me.

Edited by tom aky

You don't actually red what other people post, do you?

Just pick and choose what you want them to say and get wound up at things that were never posted in the first place

Good work

Im guessing your on about onzaboymark??? If so your bang on mate.

Edited by tom aky

Ask Danny and Tom if you can claim Trials-Forum as your own for a few days?

Win?

"Oh, those 6 years of past threads? Well... um... in the few weeks we had to do this I... er... made up some archive threads?"

f**king hell, is it really that hard to work out what I was talking about?

Dan6061 suggests asking to have Trials-Forum for the day and pretend it's your own.

I point out how it'd be pretty tricky doing that, as your tutors would probably want to know why the f**k there was 6 years of content on there.

How could you not work that out, seriously?

Hey guys im making a Forum for my A level IT project and its a trials one and before you say am trying to take over trials forum or out lol am not ill probs delete it after im finished with it unless people want it so please become a member and lots positive feedback lol and ideas for improving:D

Thanks Tom

What :S you are joking ? were doing the IT alevel, which is the ONLY syllabus avaible this year, and there is no mention at all about ''forums'', its all based around a ebook :S Really don't belive you on this one, im sorry, as if a school would ever let someone make a forum, to SELL stuff on. Firstly most schools have every single online store blocked not to mention forums. Schools are ment to be safe places, for you to make a forum, which is public that anyone can visit is NOT safe, which also leads me to belive your talking shit :). Schools back internet safety to the max, regualy mentioned in the news that schools are worried about social networks/forums/ chat rooms.

Why????? Im guessing he has done A level IT and he doesnt know that we no longer do coursework so theres no big website am just guessing that i need feedback as a part of the A level course.

Theres no coursework? That is COMPLETE bullshit, the syllabus consists of 3 peices of coursework with a interactive exam at the end, how else would you use it? I mean you can't just simply do a written exam, that doesnt prove that you can use a computer, which funnily enought is what a it leason normaly teaches ;)

WOWOWOW guys ive just read a whole lotta bull shit on the new sylabus which is new for this year has no course work i repeat no coursework i you can check the AQA website AQA is the examining board we are using i really am not bull shitting anyone the idea is that not for people to buy or sell anything we have create a forum which we wont really use ill just have to show that i have made a forum and know how to do it i will use a series off screen shots then. Instead of course work there are now modules i dont know yet what this includes but i am 200% sure that there is NO COURSEWORK. And sorry onza boy i appear to have misconceaved what you said and are truely sorry. I thought he was complaining about that there had been previous posts about IT Alevel.

Ok so your saying you dont have to do corsework? well how come i have to do IT course work then?

Are you in your second year of A levels and that goes to anyone because if you are then you will still do coursework for your second year.

Mate what exam board are you on? I am doing A-level computing and doing a similar thing, not sure if this is true.

But for me I had to base it on a specifc user, which is why i did not do a forum...

SOunds like your do same do you have to specify your End user your Audience and there's one other which has slipped my mind atm.

f**king hell, is it really that hard to work out what I was talking about?

Dan6061 suggests asking to have Trials-Forum for the day and pretend it's your own.

I point out how it'd be pretty tricky doing that, as your tutors would probably want to know why the f**k there was 6 years of content on there.

How could you not work that out, seriously?

For the record, I was joking about blagging Trials-Forum as your own...

WOWOWOW guys ive just read a whole lotta bull shit on the new sylabus which is new for this year has no course work i repeat no coursework i you can check the AQA website AQA is the examining board we are using i really am not bull shitting anyone the idea is that not for people to buy or sell anything we have create a forum which we wont really use ill just have to show that i have made a forum and know how to do it i will use a series off screen shots then. Instead of course work there are now modules i dont know yet what this includes but i am 200% sure that there is NO COURSEWORK. And sorry onza boy i appear to have misconceaved what you said and are truely sorry. I thought he was complaining about that there had been previous posts about IT Alevel.

One more time? :S

M'Kay. When I did my IT A level, we had to do something completely different to this. My mate this year, is also doing something completely different.

Hmm?

Oh; aren't AQA gcse's? not a-level?. Quite possibly wrong, so ignore.

Edited by Hendrix