Limey Mod

j-bonham@hotmail.com

cheers mate, they the same colour as the limey 2 ?? bluey purple (blurple)

Edit: also, who'll be selling them first ??

Do you mean the colour like the 1.SIX? Not 100% sure yet, Will be decided in the next 48 hours. Who ever wants to buy them will be selling them but I have a big hunch it will be Tarty.

Still not sure but it ain't gonna be that colour, It tastes like nail varnish.

I hate the paint on that frame it look pretty good

But is so f**king thin chips and scratches soooooo f**king easily :sick:

I wish it was the colour of the old frame. I LOVED that (Y)

But Joe said that it cost about £17 so was not cost effective (N)

and there is not a spot of green on it and it's called limey so it should have some green in it if you ask me

But it rides like a dream :D

So mate i would get one if i was you

Edited by 15 years later

Anyway, I think we should start a petition to get fancy hydroformed tubes on the Limey 20". Plain tubes are soooo 2007.

Scotts already made me an agreement, that Onza are going to make one for me, and only me HAHA!!

Seriously though dudes at Onza, if you're reading this, pleeeeeeeeeeease make a mod version of Scotty Wilsons bike, and I will honestly buy one. Ive never seen a nicer looking frame in my life! I reckon it would sell incredibly well.

If Scott's frame is the same as Wayne's, a little birdy told me they are flexy. And not like, ah never mind flexy, like, earth shatteringly flexy.

They do look nice though...

I'm not 100% sure but I think they are different. I remember Scotts dad saying about him having the only one, so I'm pretty sure Waynios is different. Scotts didnt feel flexy at all, felt really rigid.

my new 1's not as flexy as the white one i had???? unless scott's is flexy???

iv measured mine and sent all my measurements to scott, so he knows what my limey 1.six measures etc. and it comes in with a medium/heavy weight build at 10.5 kg. room for a light weight build on 1 i think.

Wayne.

Anyway, I think we should start a petition to get fancy hydroformed tubes on the Limey 20". Plain tubes are soooo 2007.

WHAT!! I don't get a 26" hydroformed limey

That Sir is a piss take

Edit: wait is there some hydroformed pits on the 1.six

Edit again: There is some hydroform on the 1.six isn’t there? Well anyway there's not enough

Edited by 15 years later

looks like a dolphin with a spinal deformation :-

Haha thats an interesting description.

If you look around top-end mountainbikes and stuff, its used quite a lot and can look really nice. Its got a similar style to my Marin, so I guess I'm just used to the shapes as I see bikes of that style all the time. Its just the way frames seem to be going. Who knows, it may prove to have certain characteristics that have an advantage over standard round tubes. Early days to be able to tell, but who knows.

I don't mind shaped tubes, but as long as they are straight rather than curvy (think hydroxx frame) then I am happy.

I know what you mean about xc, marins, nomads, yeti, intense all make swoopy frames.....I think they all look gash!

I think Nicolai make the best looking frames ever, no curved tubes in sight!

Different tastes I suppose, at least companies make frames of different shapes to please everyone. I've always liked the curvy top and downtubes used in frames, like montys ect. I dont know why, guess it just breaks up the harsh angles, plus I've always been one for arty shapes. Straight lines just look a little too regimented, curves have a flow to them

Edited by NBRCycles