Deng, The New Koxx?

Jason222

Start using common sense Mark and stop taking things so literally. Light components are referred to as competition parts since that's the group where weight is most important. It doesn't mean that it's targeted at competition riders - frankly speaking, it's pretty obvious that these have been released for street riders who value light bikes. Besides, what would you rather call it? Obsessed With Weight Parts For Light And Happy Satisfaction?

It doesn't mean that if you snap this frame, you won't get a replacement because it's classed as a comp product. It's actually down to the shop to decide whether something is covered by warranty or not. As for the forks, they're supposed to be light, not strong. I'd think that's fairly obvious :P

Besides, what would you rather call it? Obsessed With Weight Parts For Light And Happy Satisfaction?

I'd probably call them "Light"? In that they're "Light", not "Comp"? Why call it something they aren't? That doesn't make any sense, common or otherwise :P

the whole reason people bought deng was because it was fairly well known for produceing products that could with stand abit of stick. He going to of lost quite abit of that market i think. Hes trying to produce products for a market he cant win in as he doesnt have a rep of quality like koxx and protoing so many different ways of looseing his weight his idea is to just cnc it and drill it.

really gone off deng now

ECHO SL Rim 26" Rear - 780g (Try-All Rear 26" - 701g)

ECHO SL Rim 26" Front - 620g (Try-All Front 26" - 587g)

ECHO SL Series Is Not The Lightest Bike We Can Make, In Fact We Can Make It Even Lighter Very Easily -- Drill Big Holes On The Rims, Smaller Diameter Axle, Smaller Bering, Bigger Holes On The Cogs ......, But We Don't Do That. That Will Make The Parts Weaker At The Same Time. [...]

So deng couldn't beat tryall's 2002 rims with his "comp" 2009 rims? not even match..

How Can We Make The SL Parts To Be Super Light? We Use Better Material And New Design.

so where's the new design? that's an old aorta

Edited by baladi

im loving the look of those frames, i dont know why but i just really like the design a lot more than the old controls.. geo is decent as usual too! ( but the 400 price tag is pushing it a little)

Wheelbase: Short 1065mm, Long 1090mm

Chainstay Length: 380mm

BB Rise: 30mm

Head Angle: 72 degrees

Centre of BB shell to top centre of head tube: Short 655mm (25.75"), Long 675mm (26.5")

looks like deng has got an idea though:

make forks lighter and weaker, this product is something that ALL trials bikes have to have and the price of them can be a big part, now i dont think that £70/80 is much to pay for a set of forks when a frame (the new stuff) costs like £400 :S

people like the "pimp" value too much these days and not the asthetics and strength of a product, a fork is a part as iv said, you can buy as many pairs as you like, but you have to keep buying half decent ones to keep the bike going.

iv just received a new set of onza forks, which look kool with the shaved down steerer, but there in a strength/weight ratio which will hopefully be half decent.

i odnt mind things breaking, but as mark has said, the last thing i would personally want breaking is forks, as EACH 1 of my teeth cost in and around £200 to £250 to replace, as Bongo will tell people, as he and i both have crowned teeth.

Wayne.

i dnt know what the big deal is, i personaly, dnt think they look that weak! if u notice aswell, hes compensated for the smaller tubes, by having a slightly taller seatube then he usually does recently :)

true, for sum reason just reminds me of the DOB frames, looks wise, just hope they stronger!!!lol

i think itl be my next frame, unless theres a new GU in the pipeline soonish...

am i right in saying the previous control frames have legendary strength??

few people i spoke to just went on about them

nath

true, for sum reason just reminds me of the DOB frames, looks wise, just hope they stronger!!!lol

i think itl be my next frame, unless theres a new GU in the pipeline soonish...

am i right in saying the previous control frames have legendary strength??

few people i spoke to just went on about them

nath

Pretty well all deng frames have legendary strength...

I think it'll be plenty strong.