Ben Travis - Sunday

ben_travis

Damn you Ben. I was meant to be doing uni work today. Now I want to go out and ride. I hope you're happy with yourself. Sunday was an excellent video - been to some of those spots with Ross recently and the lines you were doing are massive. As for the tgs video, I get the feeling a lot of people don't understand it was made with tongue planted firmly in cheek and are genuinely trying to compare the two. Either way, when SOAD came on, I burst out laughing.

Damn you Ben. I was meant to be doing uni work today. Now I want to go out and ride. I hope you're happy with yourself. Sunday was an excellent video - been to some of those spots with Ross recently and the lines you were doing are massive. As for the tgs video, I get the feeling a lot of people don't understand it was made with tongue planted firmly in cheek and are genuinely trying to compare the two. Either way, when SOAD came on, I burst out laughing.

Exactly! Read what Ben has said in his first post people!!

Loving being a Scottish Mucker right now.

Strath get a mod and ill throw you and the bike in the sea.

Edited by Ross McArthur

Sick man. Personally I enjoyed the longer video more. I like you philosaphy too. Too many people do the exact same things making trials video's now aday's almost not even watchable.

Have to agree with you there, "normal" trials as its know up here nowadays usually involves sidehops and gaps. If thats your thing then fairplay but a bit of variation is needed. All the videos nowadays are too serious in hoping to get "sponsored" what happened to a time when trials was all about being with mates and getting the banter while riding casually? (rant over) both videos are excellent you have indeed progressed very far with your riding over the past year well done (Y) cant wait for your next. x

very good riding in both!

my only critisism is the music,but i know music is usually the issue in most videos, very entertaining to watch! :)

That place under the bridge looks sooooo good, with the drop gap and rail ride, i wonna go there :( also all the places in them videos look really good, like there millions of lines in everyplace, unlike this shithole i live in, were per sqaure 100ft there A! ridable wall.lol

keep them coming bigman!

p.s : bike looks awesome!

made me wonna ride again that video has!:)

Awesome, loved the rail lines, some great originality there......loved the jump 90 to sidehop. Great variety and quality relaxed tune.

Hero!

by the way do you usually ride death grip on the front for sidehops?

Edited by STEVE-0

by the way do you usually ride death grip on the front for sidehops?

yer man...its the way forward :P.

but seriously, i think its the reason that i damage my chainstays so much. So im going to try going back to using the front brake.

However, because I go to two wheels, i cannot find a reason for holding my front brake! Been like that for a while, and hopefully i can get out of it :). We will see.

first video absolutely owned the second. the tgs vid just seemed a bit amateurishly put together compared to the first. knowing ti was, it just wasnt in the same league composition and editing wise as the first. dunno about the first tune though, work in the collective, love the song, just dont know if it fitted. some awesome riding none the less (Y)

I think this a compliment and criticism in one, haha, but i was struggling with inspiration for music, and thought I would use this tune as its pretty darn awesome. I agree with you though, but i hope you did enjoy the video anyway.

It is a compliment, you Rowan and the Danny Mac video guy (Brainchild?) release the best UK videos in my opinion. Yours I like especially because of the creative editing and the original tunes you use. It's just this one didn't work for me because of the music. That is all, I'm not criticising your riding since I'm in no position to do so and even so, it's pretty damn impressive.