French Cars

tipsy Jock

Pahahaha.

I'm not going to comment, i'll only be to harsh.

Why the need for that Simon? It's a known fact that the saxo and 106 share the same chassis and suspension. Clarkson even voted the 106 Gti the second best handling car in the world, claiming it was better than an S1 elise

Just because it looks like a f**king train wreck doesn't mean it wont handle well. Sure, the wheels are clearly too big, but it's still likely to be pretty good. Anything with that power is bound to have some decent shocks/springs behind it at the very least.

My only comment would be that the front brakes look a little on the small side for something with 300+ bhp!

You're just bitter because your Jap box is broken

Again :P

My thoughts exactly. Saxo looks shit but to be fair it runs and drives without blowing up it would seem.....

BURN, harsh burn at that.

I think that saxo is hideous, the figures are impressive, but it looks horrific! I do actually like saxos, but they look 100x better lowered on vts wheels or somthing than kitted 'n shitted.

Why the need for that Simon? It's a known fact that the saxo and 106 share the same chassis and suspension. Clarkson even voted the 106 Gti the second best handling car in the world, claiming it was better than an S1 elise

Just because it looks like a f**king train wreck doesn't mean it wont handle well. Sure, the wheels are clearly too big, but it's still likely to be pretty good. Anything with that power is bound to have some decent shocks/springs behind it at the very least.

My only comment would be that the front brakes look a little on the small side for something with 300+ bhp!

You're just bitter because your Jap box is broken

Again :P

Standard Gti 247mm brakes by the looks of things, scary with that much power.

What's the spec? 350-380bhp at the fly is big ask of even a charged J4 lump.

its not going to handle that well, yes 106s / saxo generally hande great but one with massive wheels on paint on tires with over 300 brake going through what is presumably an open diff is going to be somewhat of a handful at least

He can't be that daft..Big power and by the sounds of it, it's still running..As apposed too :- I say no more..

You can clearly see he is that daft by the same f**king picture i can see?

Get something else to take the f**king piss out off, why the f**k does my car being on the road or not have any bearing as to how much of a moron the guy that owns that car is?

Yes, i blew up my car, get the f**k over it everyone, it makes absolutely no difference on my opinion or comments.

You can clearly see he is that daft by the same f**king picture i can see?

Get something else to take the f**king piss out off, why the f**k does my car being on the road or not have any bearing as to how much of a moron the guy that owns that car is?

Yes, i blew up my car, get the f**k over it everyone, it makes absolutely no difference on my opinion or comments.

No but you manage to be a miserable drama queen about every single facet of your life. Just because that motor isnt to your tastes, you have to be snide about it. Now shut up, go and do some work and earn some money, cos that's exactly what the bloke with the saxo has done, and he has what he wants.

I don't care if he has what he has, i'll admit, i was having a mighty shit day when i posted so kind of went all out.

Basically, if you have the knowledge to get an engine like that to nearly 400bhp, you clearly have more of a clue to get better brakes and wheels, which is why i don't believe him.

I have full respect for the engine work, if it's true, which right now i, and others obviously, doubt.

even with the big power, the car is still the same weight. i'd have thought those brakes would be adequate with good pads and a fresh bleed as long as he doesn't do any endurance races :P

people have been argueing that point for ages Will, and no matter how you look at it, it doesn't really apply!

With more power, you're going to reach much higher speeds between the corners, so need bigger brakes to slow you down faster!

You wouldn't leave standard brakes on a mini with a monster turbo engine would you?

people have been argueing that point for ages Will, and no matter how you look at it, it doesn't really apply!

With more power, you're going to reach much higher speeds between the corners, so need bigger brakes to slow you down faster!

You wouldn't leave standard brakes on a mini with a monster turbo engine would you?

Yay and Nay, the speed limits still 60, a vts will still do 60, if a vts will slow down for the corner, that car at the same speed will slow down for the same corner.

If its built for the strip, brakes arent really that bigger deal, they need to slow you down, thats as far as it gets...

Its only when its being used on a track really(or under unsafe driving on a public road, that its going to need bigger brakes)

and having spent £6000 doing up the engine, i dont think your going to have £2000 spare to sort the brakes

Loving that white Rallye.

Little update; managed to scratch my arch and panel pretty badly when driving quickly into a parking space so I'm gonna get it into a cheapish body shop soon. Because of that and bike problems I've decided not to buy new shocks, just -50mm springs. £250 is a lot to spend on a car anyway, and it's not like I'm a good driver or need a good car lol. Should be getting some white alloy wheel paint soon and some mixed paint to do the bumper strips.

Will get some pics up when done lowering.

PS: if that chavved up saxo had normal paint, smaller wheels and no body kit it would be the best thing ever.

i wouldn't be so sure, i can lock up the wheels on my bog standard mk4 polo at any speed, which is more than enough braking force imo.

sure get bigger brakes if you want to be lazy with your foot, or maybe if you're guna be ragging it for mile upon mile, but otherwise standard brakes suffice in my book.

Will

i wouldn't be so sure, i can lock up the wheels on my bog standard mk4 polo at any speed, which is more than enough braking force imo.

sure get bigger brakes if you want to be lazy with your foot, or maybe if you're guna be ragging it for mile upon mile, but otherwise standard brakes suffice in my book.

Will

locking up and slowing down are different things, they might be able to lock up at any speed, but they might not be able to slow the car down, standard brakes usually mean small discs, so there going to heat up faster and lead to brake fade, if that makes any sense :S

locking up and slowing down are different things, they might be able to lock up at any speed, but they might not be able to slow the car down, standard brakes usually mean small discs, so there going to heat up faster and lead to brake fade, if that makes any sense :S

yeah that makes sense, but are you really going to cook your brakes that easily? a good set of performance pads will work well under high temps! and if you can get your brakes to lock, then im sure you can get them to not lock, if you get what i mean!

i'm not against big brakes btw, actually thinking of getting some upgrades for my 309, but what i am saying is that you dont NEED them, depending on how much of a tit you can be over an extended period of time... :P

Edited by Will Arnold

out of interest, not lookin to start an another argument do people here really think massive power ie 300bhp + is a good idea in fwd cars

On a road car, i dont really see why not, whereas obviousy 4 and rwd will kick ass on track.

Lad i know got a 350brake golf, still fwd, but he only uses it on road, and that is one seriously awsome car! Obviously not made for track, as its on airbags, but thats another story. Basically, im trying to say, imo fwd in a road car, can still be a good idea.

Just my opinion.

Owen