My Bike For 2009

robonatomz

finished building the little beast today, had a little ride but keen to get out on it propa at the weekend.

rough spec:

atomz 20"disc frame, echo light forks,

echo cnc rear rim, atomz front rim,

meta stem,

trialtech cranks and bars and pedals,

front hope mono trial, rear hope mono 6 with trial lever.

for the geeks amongst you its 1020 wheelbase and weighs almost exactly 9kg

thanks to adam at tartybikes and dave at trialtech for sorting all the bits out, thanks to the guys at brian rourke cycles for lending me a disc caliper till next week! lol. and thanks to cyclistdiscount.co.uk for the christmas bonus that bought it! lol

so what you think people?

rob

o photo's are off my phone, although its suposed to have a good camera, they'r not the best, but its all i have, lol

post-972-1231274429_thumb.jpg

post-972-1231274440_thumb.jpg

post-972-1231274449_thumb.jpg

post-972-1231274461_thumb.jpg

post-972-1231274476_thumb.jpg

post-972-1231274492_thumb.jpg

post-972-1231274508_thumb.jpg

post-972-1231274539_thumb.jpg

post-972-1231274551_thumb.jpg

Edited by onzabob

that it may be, but it wont fit! i can have either a moto v2 or a mono6, and the mono 6 was the only one i could find in stock anywhere without having to order it.

o and sorry i didnt realise there was a bike pics bit, lol, stupid i know,

maybe someone who is clever at computers can move it there for me??

rob

i looked at doing that, but would have had a rear 180mm rotor on a 19" wheel, lol just not practical, besides, i thought it looked pimp when i fitted it, was gonna replace it with a moto v2, wich is the same as a mono trial, when its in stock, but might stick with the ti6, just cuz i think it looks ard! lol, so what if its a bit heavyer, and i dont see how it can be less powerfull,

rob

i looked at doing that, but would have had a rear 180mm rotor on a 19" wheel, lol just not practical, besides, i thought it looked pimp when i fitted it, was gonna replace it with a moto v2, wich is the same as a mono trial, when its in stock, but might stick with the ti6, just cuz i think it looks ard! lol, so what if its a bit heavyer, and i dont see how it can be less powerfull,

rob

Moto V2 isn't the same as a Mono Trial, and the advantage with the mono trial is that it offers lots of bite and not much modulation, whereas 4/6 pot brakes offer more modulation.

I quite like the look of that.

For folk saying the rear brake is over kill, what the hell? I know id rather have a brake that held more than I wanted than less if you see what i mean.

but a brake that is overkill is more likely to snap your frame? Something no-one wants to happen?

Edited by ben_travis