BikeTrial Federation

As the title says:-

Cup Series

Round 1 - Bracken Rocks, Derbyshire - 19th April

Round 2 - Fort William, Scotland - 6th June

Round 3 - Blackpool, North Shore - 12th July

Round 4 - Venue to be confirmed - 16th August

Round 5 - Shipley Glen, Yorkshire - 4th October

Championship (part of the UCI World Downhill Championship event)

Fort William - 7th June - Rider selection to be made from the Cup event on 6th June.

Entry forms will be available in due course from www.biketrialuk.co.uk

Looking forward to another good year and hope to see you all there riding to the new rules!

Its impossible to satisfy everyone in the UK trials 'competition scene' guys. However the TBC date is likely to be a southern location.

and to quote biketrialuk.co.uk - There are five British Trials Cup events planned for 2009, and one British Championship event (note the name change of the series). We will do our utmost to spread them around the country, with consideration for those travelling from both the south and from the far north of Scotland, as well as from Ireland and the Channel Isles; we would love to put on an event in every town in the country but, sorry, that just isn't practical!

The closest one to me is still a 3hr drive.....i will be there!!!!

Think i might even try and get down to the shipley glen one too (Y).

look forward to these guys! Woop

Edited by ben_travis

ye wicked, nearest one is 250miles away

lmfao thats nothing to be honest, nearest one to me is at least 4 hours in a car, and its more like 5 to be honest. i want one in porthcawl, its a mint place to ride.

can any body ride the " British National Trials Cup/championship " ?

oh has any body got a post code for the comp in derbyshire??? so i could google earth it.

lmfao thats nothing to be honest, nearest one to me is at least 4 hours in a car, and its more like 5 to be honest.

Wow, Tenby to Derbyshire is a massive 32 minutes more than James' house to Derbyshire. THAT SURE IS NOTHING JAMIE.

Anyways, with any luck the unannounced round will be Kelly Farm or Porthcawl or Hook Woods.

Wow, Tenby to Derbyshire is a massive 32 minutes more than James' house to Derbyshire. THAT SURE IS NOTHING JAMIE.

Anyways, with any luck the unannounced round will be Kelly Farm or Porthcawl or Hook Woods.

:$ didnt release his house was so far away, sorry

:L

Surprise surprise. The "national" championship is yet again another midlands/northern event.

Trials is f**king shit.

What! Pretty much up until this year, the majority of national comps have been down south. There is usually always a round in Kelly Farm or Hook Woods so I think its good to have a change.

I agree with John and think the unconfirmed round should be Porthcawl! That would be cool.

Dont get these comps confused with the ACU British nationals, these are the BikeTrial Federation comps. The ACU British Championships are usually held at places like Kelly Farm (Devon), Hookwoods (Guildford) and couple of places up Midlands/North. The Biketrial Federation tends to be more focused on the Northern Venues.

On the overhand, I hope to get to atleast one of these comps, due to the distance.

Edited by N Roach

Thank you all for your comments.

Regarding a southern venue, as the original post says "Round 4 - Venue to be confirmed - 16th August".

As always, we are trying to find new venues. In the last two years, after tough negotiations with various councils we have secured the Blackpool venue and the Shipley Glen venue, as well as participation in the Fort William World Championship events.

If anyone knows of venues suitable for a British National event, suitable for all abilities, with ample car parking etc, we would be pleased to know about it. Please don't reply here and take over the thread, but email us at info@biketrialuk.co.uk. The main thing is, we would need to know who owns the land - we see lots of venues that we would like to use but can't find out who actually owns it or how to contact them.

We welcome all input, so please do email us with any information.