University Choices

Revolver

hsas anyone had anywork from UWE yet? its the only one i actually want to go to and its the only one that havent written to me haha

UWE declined me at first, but I blagged and now have a conditional. Southampton told me to f**k off, but I suspected they would especially considering the qualification I'm entering with isn't on UCAS' mega-list. Waiting on Ports, Herts and Keele. C'mon Keele, you know you want me baby.

Haha i would do but i'm coming with a mate cos shes got a textiles interview at 3:00 so just gonna botch about around town and wait for her.

And yer, Bournemouth one finishes at 12:30 and it's only 50 miles or so so should be fine for Portsmouth at 3:00.

Open Uni degrees are pretty much as well recognised as any other degree I think.

My applications are all going to shit. UWE have f**ked up. They seem to think the whole time that I’ve been talking about the CERTIFICATE I’m taking, that I was on about the Diploma. If I had completed the Diploma it would give me access to a f**king masters degree. Why on earth would I be trying to get into an undergraduate degree with it!? More blaggage has ensued.

anyone know anything about the open university? good or avoid?

would like to get a degree by long distance learning but not sure how legit it will be.

My ex-girlfriend did two years of an open university degree in general science/envinronmental science but gave it up because her work offered to pay for her to do a masters degree. She really enjoyed it, especially as she liked learning about science. I believe that it's a readily accepted degree - perhaps not quite to the extent of a 'normal' degree but not so much that it really matters. The reason she began studying it was to change career paths though, so I'm sure it had worth. She wouldn't have done it otherwise.

it seems to be the only university in England i can find which offers distance learning.

want to obtain a degree whilst staying and working in China...as i have a nice salary for easy work with a 16 hours a week workload.

it seems to be the only university in England i can find which offers distance learning.

want to obtain a degree whilst staying and working in China...as i have a nice salary for easy work with a 16 hours a week workload.

Given your circumstances and what you are after, I would say go for it. I just looked at the type of degree you gain and it seems to be the same as one you would get studying 'in' a university. How quickly can you study the degree though? Can it be done full time or in three years? My ex was doing over six years.

My Mum did one, it took her 7 years but she was working full time aswell, so it looks really good on her CV.

Universities and employers usually really like OU degrees because they are so much more about managing your own work load etc.

i also read...i think it depends how much time you want to devote to it. you could do it in 4 years but that would be full time, and 6 years if you do it as a part time course. the part time would be more suitable for me.

thinking into getting a degree in early childhood education or maybe business..little bit at a cross road these days.

Got an interveiw with Surrey! Shiiiiitttt the bed! Can't make the date, so i phoned the admissions office and got the answering machine. So hung up, wrote a letter of what i wanted to say, showed it to my sister and she took the piss out of it... so i phoned them up started reading it, paniced and went off track, then rushed the ending :closedeyes: im such a noob, hopefully i can get a new date sorted :S