Andrei Burton's '09 Limey 3

Joe@Onza

That rear wheel looks seriously far back in the dropouts, whats going on there??

Thats just where is has to be to get a 16 14 ratio tight, It would be more in the middle on a 18 16 or if we used a half link it would be in the middle but it still measures 383mm CS approx so no probs.

looks sweet but heavy as hell get rid of those maxxis and stick contenentals on how much are these frames rrp?

Just been chatting about that this morning, but its up to Drei. He likes Maxxis and has never tried the Conti's. He might change them, But at the end of the day thats the tires not the bike.

Not too sure on the price yet, Could be be expensive due to the current economy I.E Exchange rate etc...... We shall see in about a month as this one was the first off the production line and flown in with out the graphics.

Thats just where is has to be to get a 16 14 ratio tight, It would be more in the middle on a 18 16 or if we used a half link it would be in the middle but it still measures 383mm CS approx so no probs.

Thats a bit lame as that chain is only going to stretch... Also, isn't the most popular ratio 18 15, so shouldn't the frame be designed around that??

EDIT: Also, what's the weight of it?

Edited by walker

Thats a bit lame as that chain is only going to stretch... Also, isn't the most popular ratio 18 15, so shouldn't the frame be designed around that??

EDIT: Also, what's the weight of it?

What do you mean "a bit lame", As I said 18 16 /18 15 makes it in the middle, Drei likes 16 14 which puts it at the back. There is still room on there to tighten for stretch. So the frame was designed around 18 15.

Much better than the gold version. A very classy bike.

I am confused on why people coose to ride 16 tooth front sprockets. I see that it gives additional clearance, but it seems like you would go through chains really fast. How often does Andrei replace his chain?

What do you mean "a bit lame", As I said 18 16 /18 15 makes it in the middle, Drei likes 16 14 which puts it at the back. There is still room on there to tighten for stretch. So the frame was designed around 18 15.

Fair enough, but i personally wouldnt run it any further back at all when the chain stretches, the serrated washer isn't fully on the frame as it is. Think a half link is the only way forward for it to work properly. It would definitely look better with 18 15, particularly from a marketing point of view, but as you said, thats just how drei likes it.

I seem to remember the frame being about 1600-1700g or there abouts, reckon that build is about 10.4kg?

Would certainly consider one if I was in the market for a new frame :)

Around that weight as my scales are made for Royal Mail, not very precise. With them conti's and lighter tubes you could be looking at more like the 9KG mark.