Road Cycling

davey1991

One of my wonderings may as well go in here.

I have a Specialized Allez that gets ridden about 4 times a year, and originally bought some Shimano Ultegra pads for it, and they probably havn't even worn in yet to be fair... But anyways, are there any decent brake pads that stop better than standard ones?

are there any decent brake pads that stop better than standard ones?

Yes. Don't know what brands may be available to you over there, but hit up your local shop for a decent dual compound all weather slim brake pad. Usually fairly cheap and work wonders over the bricks they usually install from the factory. Been using Kool Stops with great success even in heavy rain.

Cheers!

I had a street race with a Honda S2000 last night, and won.

Bishops gate to London bridge if you wanna have a look at the route/map. But basically, i was going too fast for him to overtake me, and it pissed him off so he screamed past me, i caught up a few secs later, he got stuck at some lights, i jumped them and nearly got laid out by a taxi, he again laid some rubber and went past me, but another set of short lights, gave me enough time to sprint over london bridge faster than i've ever been on flat, he got to the lights about 10m before me, 3 lanes, went out of my way to go past his car at the final set of lights, and off i went to the pub round the corner...

Was epiccc.

Edited by Fixed Pants™

I had a street race with a Honda S2000 last night, and won.

Bishops gate to London bridge if you wanna have a look at the route/map. But basically, i was going too fast for him to overtake me, and it pissed him off so he screamed past me, i caught up a few secs later, he got stuck at some lights, i jumped them and nearly got laid out by a taxi, he again laid some rubber and went past me, but another set of short lights, gave me enough time to sprint over london bridge faster than i've ever been on flat, he got to the lights about 10m before me, 3 lanes, went out of my way to go past his car at the final set of lights, and off i went to the pub round the corner...

Was epiccc.

As a matter of interest, why is it cunts like you can't wait for the lights to change?