Medical Advice

Shaun H

Im guessing (that being the key word here) that providing its a hairline fracture, (I.E it hasnt bent the bone out of shape where its in 2 parts) and its all nice and straght still, and isnt likley to affect the joint, then strap it up etc. and get on with life. You break your toes all the time apparantly, and they still seem to function fine....

The doctor has spoken, listen to him, not me, I know f**k ALL.

Edited by Tom_

Im guessing (that being the key word here) that providing its a hairline fracture, (I.E it hasnt bent the bone out of shape where its in 2 parts) and its all nice and straght still, and isnt likley to affect the joint, then strap it up etc. and get on with life. You break your toes all the time apparantly, and they still seem to function fine....

The doctor has spoken, listen to him, not me, I know f**k ALL.

but likewise, when you wiggle your toes, can you not notice the difference between the same toes on different feet

at the end of the day, if my toes didnt move, itd very rarely bother me and the most movement needed by me is to curl them round the end of stuff very occasionally.

Your thumbs though, are rather important as far as i can see, for typing, playing computer games,using machines at work, operating cameras, entertaining girls (first 2 in the hole, thumb on the little mound, and the spare 2 to tickle her thigh), and giving the "everythings alright" symbol. movements fairly important. best to get them looked at, make sure there right.

Its all well and good taping up a broken finger. But when people break their thumbs, they usually have a cast on their arm for 4-5 weeks. I broke my wrist a couple of years ago, and took it off myself after 2 weeks with garden sheers, its not a good plan, it still hurts now when I bend it too much. If I was you, I'd go back to a different hospital and get it sorted...

So you won't go to hospital because you don't like foreigners? That makes me chuckle a bit, it's your loss anyway - whatever you think of foreign people, it's not like you're winning some moral victory by staying at home in pain.

P.s. You would be completely stupid NOT to go to the hospital. I don't know what you've done to your thumb, and nor does anyone else on here. The last thing you want is a constantly painful thumb that you can't use properly, just because you were too proud to go back to the hospital.

So you won't go to hospital because you don't like foreigners? That makes me chuckle a bit, it's your loss anyway - whatever you think of foreign people, it's not like you're winning some moral victory by staying at home in pain.

Not to mention its a bit fecking rich, from a bloke whos been away skiing for a week?

Get yourself back to Hospital, you'll regret not getting it sorted properly unless it's a very small fracture. The bone may have broke over a growth plate, in which case, if the bone isn't aligned back up properly, your thumb will heal deformed and grow deformed.....

Don't leave it. I left my hand for 2 weeks before going. Found out I had a broken pinky knuckle and the metacarpal. They had to re brake them and set them in a cast for 6 weeks. If I had left it any longer id have trouble gripping things or something.