Car Insurance

Ravemonkey

Ok can't find anything using the search so here it is

Ive just passed my driving test (finally) and ive been offered a peugeot 206 (1.1 petrol)

Does anyone know of a company that will insure me at a reasonable price

The cheapest ive found is £2k, anyone know of somewhere cheaper?

or any legal ways to get it cheaper

(I know the basics like keeping it in a garage)

Ok can't find anything using the search so here it is

Ive just passed my driving test (finally) and ive been offered a peugeot 206 (1.1 petrol)

Does anyone know of a company that will insure me at a reasonable price

The cheapest ive found is £2k, anyone know of somewhere cheaper?

or any legal ways to get it cheaper

(I know the basics like keeping it in a garage)

Direct line where always the best for me

I’ve just passed my test as well. My insurance on a 1.4 Peugeot 306 was £1200. That was through Norwich Union (Aviva). It’s hard to say which companies are cheapest due to the fact that each company can only insure a certain number of each group type of driver. If the company is looking for 10 first time drivers then the insurance is going to be cheaper as it’s a promotion deal. It also works the other way around as well if their not looking for a certain type of driver then the price for that certain type of driver will be more expensive.

Your best option is to have a good shop around, meaning actually calling up a variety of companies for quotes. The only problem with online comparison websites is that the prices they advertise are just averages. When you go to purchase a quote from a comparison site (by internet or phone) they will ask you some further questions and then give you the actual price of the insurance, which in my previous experience was over double the original price advertised on a comparison website.

A few good companies to try are:

* Norwich Union (Aviva) for there excellent service and further more excellent service if the car needs to go into repair.

*Endsliegh

*Quinn

*Asda

*Tesco

*Churchill

*Thames City

*Carole Nash

*Adrian Flux

*Insurance factory

Edited by N Roach

It varies for different people, I'm with Quinn, but before I got a quote from them, Direct Line gave me a good quote too.

Shop around for yourself, my mate whole lives up the same road as me got a very cheap quote from LV, I tried them, and they were one of the most expensive!

I'm with Quinn Direct. Pretty 'cheap' as far as insurance for a 21 year old goes...

Don't pay too much attention to the reviews of service on confused.com, if I remember correctly Quinn has very poor customer service reviews although when I've delt with them (changes to policy, never claimed) they've been perfectly fine. Thats if you're worried about things like that, but I guess its kind of reassuring if you never need to claim but the guy on the other end is a bit of a nob.

Bear in mind if your on a provisional at the minute (haven't really read the thread but applies to anyone else anyways) that some companies lure you in with cheap quotes on your provisional liscence, then as soon as you pass it shoots up. Whereas somne companies it will be exactly the same for provisional and full liscence so will work out the same in the long run. It's a typical tactic they use to make their quotes look cheap on comparison websites and people get caught up in it.