Jcb Tough Phone

Ladd

I'm gettin a new phone soon and wanted to get a strong phone because I've broke quite a few due to my job, I've been a Builder for a while now and starting my Apprenticeship as a Carpenter so want a strong reliable phone so has anyone got any reviews about them i want to know stuff like;

• Strenght?
  • Reliable? Signal etc
  • How much did you pay?
  • Where from?
  • What do you think of them?
  • Any other tough phones you recomend?
Edited by Ladd

I'm gettin a new phone soon and wanted to get a strong phone because I've broke quite a few due to my job, I've been a Builder for a while now and starting my Apprenticeship as a Carpenter so want a strong reliable phone so has anyone got any reviews about them i want to know stuff like;

• Strenght?
  • Reliable? Signal etc
  • How much did you pay?
  • Where from?
  • What do you think of them?
  • Any other tough phones you recomend?

A quick google come up with this click

Just get an old Nokia, those things are indestructable. I mean one of the really old ones - maybe a colour screen if you're really posh but certainly nothing clever like cameras/bluetooth/MP3 players etc. Mine has a torch on it! Oh, and the battery lasts about 2 weeks which is kind of refreshing when I'm used to my iPhone's battery lasting a day.

But I guess most people want their phone to do other things these days.

http://www.nokia.co.uk/A4405749

Just get an old Nokia, those things are indestructable. I mean one of the really old ones - maybe a colour screen if you're really posh but certainly nothing clever like cameras/bluetooth/MP3 players etc. Mine has a torch on it! Oh, and the battery lasts about 2 weeks which is kind of refreshing when I'm used to my iPhone's battery lasting a day.

But I guess most people want their phone to do other things these days.

http://www.nokia.co.uk/A4405749

I broke loads of phones at one point, I ended up with an OLD nokia after i broke my samsung 5MP jobbie. Id still be using that nokia had my contract not run out, if this 5800 breaks il go back to te nokia, I have not owned a camera/mp3/video phone that hasnt broken yet.... Nokias survived amazingly though with only a crack in the screen.

Strangely, my W810i just will not break. I've even run over it at high speed on my bike before and it's fine. Dropped it from significant heights unintentionally too and it handles it. Bounces like a b*****d too so it even provides comedy when it falls. It's got a f**king beasting torch on it too that's come in handy many times. It's about 4 years old now - the plastic on the corner on the battery cover's actually translucent now. Bonus info: When you drop it, unlike a lot of phones it doesn't fully lose it's shit and crap it's battery out or anything like that, it just kinda does some flips and some barrel rolls then calls it quits. Definitely recommend it.

Nah, this was a while ago. It's definitely dry now. In fact it still kinda works, but the connector thing on the bottom is f**ked, so it won't charge or work with the headset. If you use a fresh battery then it works OK.

My K800i is literally bomb proof, dropped it so many times now, fell out my pocket loads when riding, drop it in my glass of coke, has cement, plaster, all kinds of shit on it, still working as good as it did when i brought it 3 years ago. :)

Edited by Otacon

Play.com

At £150 they're worth a chance - 3 years warrenty and they look strong and still practical. As far as I'm aware these are the only 'abuse' specific phones on the market? People recommend the old nokias because they were bulky and strong, however they will probably lack most features the JCB has.

There are plenty of reviews out there on the net though :)

Strangely, my W810i just will not break. I've even run over it at high speed on my bike before and it's fine. Dropped it from significant heights unintentionally too and it handles it. Bounces like a b*****d too so it even provides comedy when it falls. It's got a f**king beasting torch on it too that's come in handy many times. It's about 4 years old now - the plastic on the corner on the battery cover's actually translucent now. Bonus info: When you drop it, unlike a lot of phones it doesn't fully lose it's shit and crap it's battery out or anything like that, it just kinda does some flips and some barrel rolls then calls it quits. Definitely recommend it.

I have had 2 of those... both broke, there crap!