Prototype Yaabaa Stinger

AdamR28

It looks a bit messy to me. Especially the welds. But it's still 100x better than what Echo has to offer. And with that price tag it could be quite an alternative.

Does the fact that its a proto not explain why the welds looks so crappy? Posh looking welds are the last thing to be worried about.

The frame looks really good, rides great and I think its going to be a hit.

Also Ali is a very special boy.

I think that than frame is going to be strong, because it weights 1.8 kg, but the horizontal an diagonal tubes are triangular, it provides a lighter weight, and some resistance, because the triangular shapes are stronger than square or round (that is why the frames are a set of triangles)...

You can test it with wood, plastic or other materials, applying a force equal and comparing the levels of resistance... ;)

I think that than frame is going to be strong, because it weights 1.8 kg, but the horizontal an diagonal tubes are triangular, it provides a lighter weight, and some resistance, because the triangular shapes are stronger than square or round (that is why the frames are a set of triangles)...

You can test it with wood, plastic or other materials, applying a force equal and comparing the levels of resistance... ;)

oh I forget, the frame looks amazing!!!...I prefer a higer bb but it still being amazing!!!good luck with it (Y)

Does the fact that its a proto not explain why the welds looks so crappy? Posh looking welds are the last thing to be worried about.

its a good job your not a frame manufacturer. what ever frame comes out of the factory should be of a high standard weather its a proto or production frame. a proto to a crap quality is no good as the testing will be no good.

And when it snaps because of the shitty welding nobody will buy it.

its a good job your not a frame manufacturer. what ever frame comes out of the factory should be of a high standard weather its a proto or production frame. a proto to a crap quality is no good as the testing will be no good.

Neat looking welds are often stronger though if I remember rightly. if the weld is uniform and neat there it's less likely to have weak spots or air bubbles.

And when it snaps because of the shitty welding nobody will buy it.

You're probably all the same gays that moan about the price of the frame being too high and taking too long to come out. "IT IS A PRO TO TYPE" If it does fail on a weld then that will be highlighted quicker and solved before the final production.

I was just adding information, don't you think i knew it was a prototype? Try reading my first post in the thread for my opinion of the frame, I was just discussing it. <_<

Looking at the frame and the rough price, I think I may well end up with one.

Also please don't put words in my mouth, I don't think trials frames are too expensive for what they do, I think most of them are justified apart from one or two.

thats very nice but my god some of that welding looks sloppy :S part from that its lush, like the colour also nice and simple.

You're probably all the same gays that moan about the price of the frame being too high and taking too long to come out. "IT IS A PRO TO TYPE" If it does fail on a weld then that will be highlighted quicker and solved before the final production.

and this is where koxx fail. if it snaps at the welds it could be just due the poor standard of welding. and if you want to find weak points in the frame why give to one of the smoothest riders out there :S they bring out very overpriced expensive frames, which then have stupid weak points which could oh so easily be sorted out without adding more weight. at least with deng frames they have a habbit of cracking anywhere, which means every part of the frame is equaly as strong as the next part. but iv noticed koxx frames (depending on which model) always snap at the same points! which is just crap designing if you ask me.

whats the point in making expensive strong hydroformed downtubes if there 3x stronger then the chain stays? surely take some more wieght off the tube and add it to the chainstay, thus making the frame stronger.

this is the reason why im yet to get a koxx frame. not enough thought has gone into the frames for that much buck.

Edited by Adrian

i have to agree with some of the post above the welding and overall construction of the frame just seems weired , im wondring how they welded that beacuse it doesnt look like tig as the welds are huge but maybe its been done with senergic . I think it looks strange were there is a small rectangle of metal going across the seat tube and stays , it just seems un necesary unless it works as a booster . apart from that the frame does look nice and simple which should prove popular and i say stick with verticle dropouts .

whats the point in making expensive strong hydroformed downtubes if there 3x stronger then the chain stays? surely take some more wieght off the tube and add it to the chainstay, thus making the frame stronger.

the hydroforming means they can make it lighter/stiffer...pretty much definitely not heavier...

Fair enough point though...every frame will fail somewhere though and its surely a sign of good quality manufacture if a frame always at the same place (assuming it doesn't fail due to manufacturing defects...), albeit not an ideal design.

Adam

Looked damn fine in the flesh today thats for sure, its tig welded, just the beads are sliightly larger and flatter, really dont think they were that bad quality at all, especially compared to some porduction frames ive seen!

Just hope it comes out in that geo with horizontal dropouts.

the hydroforming means they can make it lighter/stiffer...pretty much definitely not heavier...

Fair enough point though...every frame will fail somewhere though and its surely a sign of good quality manufacture if a frame always at the same place (assuming it doesn't fail due to manufacturing defects...), albeit not an ideal design.

Adam

Exactly, a design fault should appear in the same place on every component. If it doesn't then you must have quality issues at the manufacturing end (not at all surprising with Deng let's be honest...).

Adam

Exactly, a design fault should appear in the same place on every component. If it doesn't then you must have quality issues at the manufacturing end (not at all surprising with Deng let's be honest...).

well then why dont they sort that weak point pahah thats my point. especially with something like a frame where so many different stresses are going to be put on it in different directions lol. pah w.e

hydroforming means u can make the utbe thicker and thinner where u please, so if its too strong make the thickest bit thinner, thus gettin rid of useless wieght as its guna snap at the stay for example lol

It looks a bit messy to me. Especially the welds. But it's still 100x better than what Echo has to offer. And with that price tag it could be quite an alternative.

you sir are an idiot, why are you trying to boycott echo? they make excellent frames?

well then why dont they sort that weak point pahah thats my point. especially with something like a frame where so many different stresses are going to be put on it in different directions lol. pah w.e

How about we put it another way..? There's ALWAYS going to be a weakest point on a frame...and most of the time it takes someone to break one to find out where that is...it's not quite as obvious as you seem to imagine!

I'll buy one.

Thats a promise. Incase anybody was wandering why -

Yaabaa is 1085, 380, +35, 71.5

Ozonys is 1085, 385, +35, 72.5

Atomz is 1080, 380, +30, 71.5

So the only thing I didn't like about the ozonys (CS length) has been sorted, and the head angle can be achieved with koxx forxx. Banger.

Horrizontal dropouts get my vote, as long as they're strong enough. I'd buy one either way though. Please don't put a disk mount on it.

Edit: ETA?

Edited by The Duck

Don't the Koxx forks use a shorter rake, so they'll set the wheelbase back a touch too?

Yeah they do. Sucks a little bit, but I can live with it. My bike is supposedly 1080 with 'normal' 45mm rake forks, and I'm using koxx forxx on it at the moment and it rides very nicely for me. :)