Prototype Yaabaa Stinger

AdamR28

Steel has a very different reaction when faced with structural fatigue.

Ok, maybe a bad example :P

My 6 year old flexy frame is still going strong, and I've killed a stiffer newer frame after 3 months..

My 4 year old flexy forks are still perfectly fine and I've broke 2 sets of new urbans which were stiffer in about 4 months each time

IMO, if parts are too stiff they crack easier

Ok, maybe a bad example :P

My 6 year old flexy frame is still going strong, and I've killed a stiffer newer frame after 3 months..

My 4 year old flexy forks are still perfectly fine and I've broke 2 sets of new urbans which were stiffer in about 4 months each time

IMO, if parts are too stiff they crack easier

There's no opinion about it. The FACTS are that different materials act differently. Were your flexy frame and forks which have lasted made out of steel by any chance?

Edited by //JD

I guess it'll do well mainly due to the price. A few decent things going on too. But the geo isn't something i'd go for, but i'm in the minority.

[edit]

I'd best add, 380mm is where i don't like looking. Lonnngggerr.

Edited by eskimo

Good stuff! I like the look of the frame, though as someone mentioned, the gusset under the top tube by the headtube looks messy and a little like an afterthought. For some reason the wels also look a bit messy around the seatstay/top tube join, maybe thats because its a proto? Looks great for ~£300, I like the simple colour and think any graphics should be minimal. Geo also sounds good, don't make the bb any higher! Though its in safe hands with Ali on that one ;) As for dropouts, I think Horizontal would be great, but could you make sure the cam bolt hole is drilled nearer to the axle than on the current 1499's? Mine is pretty much maxxed out even though theres a bit of space left in the dropout. I love the Sky-style chainstay/seatstay join, looks great. Setting it up for 18:15 would be a good move too (i'd imagien it already is though?)

I am glad people like it! I know I do! Can't wait to have the updated version with horizontal dropouts (it MUST have them lol).

I have seen pictures of the planned stickers and I think they look amazing! Think a more subtle 1499 in gray colours. Oh, I don't think it should have disk mounts, it saves weight and looks 100x better!

If anyone wants a ride this weekend down south, just ask.

PS, I am as every bit as "special" as that picture makes out!