Looking For Some Testers

that NBR dude

I'll happily test one if you want, I've got a 20" and a 24" but with fairly awfull bash's on! One of them is an Echo one which I had a angle grinding accident with! lol

I totally see the point in this, I hardly ever hit my bash and only use it to protect my chain on sidehops and when my tyre or brake slips on a wall and I fall onto it unintentionally, so i don't see the point in my running 2 hefty metal bashs when i rarely use it. Even if I don't proto it expect an order from me when your up and running.

So who are the testers?

Well thanks guys for the interest. The chosen 4 are:

20" full ring - Simpson (his little speech was exactly what I was after)

20" half ring - Jon Mac

26" full ring - Rossi G

26" half ring - Connor Powell

Once testing has been carried out and any bugs worked out the system, these will be available. More details as and when I get them

Thanks again guys, and I will betalking to the 4 in more detail this week.

Andy

• 4 weeks later...

I work in a ballistic armour factory so i work with lexan on a daily basis. It will need to be around 12-15 thick to withstand repeated stress. It is very light but does distort quite easily though so it might not be suited to street riders but comp rider will benifit from the weight loss though.

I work in a ballistic armour factory so i work with lexan on a daily basis. It will need to be around 12-15 thick to withstand repeated stress. It is very light but does distort quite easily though so it might not be suited to street riders but comp rider will benifit from the weight loss though.

Thats the market I'm aiming at really. For people concerned with weight in the comp scene, its a good material option.

make summet that wont kill walls but is strong so i dont get hairy men threatening to arrrest me...........

It doesn't really work like that mate. You've still got the pedals and cranks doing most of the damage. Bashguards are so small these days that they barely hit anything.

Im just thinking about the bashring the thickness with the length of the threads on the cranks. As i said really 12mm is probably the least you could get away with. Have you mocked up prototypes? What happened with the machining process? As we machine the windows on ballistic riot shields and we dont have any melting problems.

Im just thinking about the bashring the thickness with the length of the threads on the cranks. As i said really 12mm is probably the least you could get away with. Have you mocked up prototypes? What happened with the machining process? As we machine the windows on ballistic riot shields and we dont have any melting problems.

Having to redesign slightly...

the half rings have some melting issues when being machined :giggle:

Surely that can be resolved by a whole heap of cooling fluid and slower machining? Obviously if that puts production costs up by much it's not an option, but it might be worth enquiring about on the offchance

Surely that can be resolved by a whole heap of cooling fluid and slower machining? Obviously if that puts production costs up by much it's not an option, but it might be worth enquiring about on the offchance

Yea, its on its way. The protos are being made by a different company, just want to get the principle worked out first.

Will see what production costs are going to be afterwards once I know whether I'm wasting my time with the concept.

Just a note to anyone else whos asked, all testers have been chosen and contacted. I wish I could let everyone have a free one, but that wouldn't be the best business plan.

• 2 years later...

Holy mother bump batman.

Maybe the whole concept was scrapped?

Haha yeah, I was using the search tool looking at half-rings and such. Then came across this, I hate "grave digging" but I was really interested and there was no pictures of the final product. :(

Hmm Filo, was that with the full ring or the half ring? And yeah Greetings you're probably right.