Anti Stab Knives.

Dr. Nick Riviera

So then you couldn't stab said baddie?

Nope, and I wouldn't want to. If I did then I would Go to prison instead of the baddie.

How so, generally people who are going to break into your house, come prepared, with screwdrivers, and possibly their own knife, their not going to sort through your cutlery first, go "Ooh hes a safety conscious fella, best leave nice and quick before he beats us with a non slip bathmat" whereas if Im in my house, and i hear someone in the garage, I will go downstairs grabbing whatever thats big and or sharp that I can find. If some ones in my house and I feel the need to defend myself, I want a 12 foot lance,with a laser sight,that spits flames out the end of it. not an anti stab knife.

:lol: I loved how you put that, I can see your point.

There's another thing though, what about domestics that end in stabbings? This could help stop the wound being as deep and stop it being killerful.

Tell you what Muel, lets do a test, I'll stab you with a normal household kitchen knife and then stab you with the anti-stab knife. I bet I could do the same sort of damage and get depth with both as equally.

Actually, I don't think the design is getting the credit it deserves. Obviously in real life, this isn't going to do anything. But the design actually looks like it would work quite well.

The rounded edge would be hard to stab through clothing and the valley between the round edge and the blade would hook onto material, so if you did penetrate the blunt edge through clothing, the blade will get hooked when it gets to the valley. Looks fairly swish to me. But only really if you're wearing tough material/the attacker doesn't go for your face.

Looks fairly swish to me. But only really if you're wearing tough material/the attacker doesn't go for your face.

So what were getting at is it's a good thing ?

It'll kill the tracksuit wearing nobbers but the people in jeans and a T shirt will live?

The rounded edge would be hard to stab through clothing and the valley between the round edge and the blade would hook onto material, so if you did penetrate the blunt edge through clothing, the blade will get hooked when it gets to the valley. Looks fairly swish to me. But only really if you're wearing tough material/the attacker doesn't go for your face.

That's all assuming that the mugger/chav/rapist/angry midget who's attacking you has had the very kind forethought to choose the anti-stab knife for his stabbing duties, which, lets be fair here, isn't all that likely.

I'm pretty sure these arn't designed to stop pre-meditated knife crime. What they do is try and stop things like domestic stabbings where arguments in the kitchen (for example) turn into stabbings because someone picks up a knfe in the heat of the moment. If they're still good for cooking, then theres not really any downsides?

That's all assuming that the mugger/chav/rapist/angry midget who's attacking you has had the very kind forethought to choose the anti-stab knife for his stabbing duties, which, lets be fair here, isn't all that likely.

Yeah, hence "Obviously in real life, this isn't going to do anything."

I think it's completely whack that the governement have paid him any money, any shape or form. It's a good concept idea but completely impractical because it only works assuming an attacker can only get his hands on one of these knives.

Yeh, well looking at the design of it, I think it wouldn't go as deep.

You seem to be a bit pissed off with me recently Joe, or am I just getting the wrong end of the stick? :unsure:

Yeah, you're a northern twat.*

*nah you've got the wrong end of the stick brothaaa

I reckon if they use these in ghetto schools kids will probably try them out to see if they're actually stab proof...

I'm pretty sure you could still stab someone with it if you had them on the floor, you'd just need to stab, pull to make the incision larger then push.

I'm pretty sure these arn't designed to stop pre-meditated knife crime. What they do is try and stop things like domestic stabbings where arguments in the kitchen (for example) turn into stabbings because someone picks up a knfe in the heat of the moment. If they're still good for cooking, then theres not really any downsides?

£50 :huh:

An the kinda person that is gonna pick up a knife during a domestic is hardly gonna see these an go out and by one. Normal lives would have to be made illegal for itt to have any effect which is pretty drastic measures to be honest.