How Much Did We Buy Any Cycle Offer You?

ogre

I had ago:

They offerd me £275

Echo control 06 long frame

zoo 07 forks reverse magura mount forks (practically brand new)

FSA DH headset

Echo hifi stem

Old shape zoo bars

front and rear 2004 magura's.

Echo CNC cranks

Zoo bash

plaz cog

kmc kool 1/8" chain.

maxxis high rollers front and rear

Maxxis tubes

front hope xc on DX32.

Rear echo 07 rim on hope pro 2

Edited by Otacon

I just put in the details for my bmx, and am now waiting for a reply. I'm genuinely selling it, and it's all brand new stuff pretty much. Will be interesting to see what they want to give me for it. If they make stupid offers, they're never going to do any business. Is the idea to haggle with the offer they make?

I got an offer for £160. I could sell my crankset for that much.

However they did say they have hardly any knowledge on my bike and to reply with what I thought was reasonable.

Its my marino, built up for street and park.

Do tell..

Would prefer not say the actual price but it was pretty insulting to be honest. Although according to the site it was me not been in touch with what things are worth :P I can't help but think not many people on here will use it because the offers are so low, a friend of mine did it aswell and was offered something rather low.

I got an offer for £160. I could sell my crankset for that much.

However they did say they have hardly any knowledge on my bike and to reply with what I thought was reasonable.

Its my marino, built up for street and park.

What second hand trials crank set is worth £160?

I knew this was coming >_<

I tried it. Without sounding like a whinging child i can't help but think that it was a rather un-realistic offer.

I'm afraid smaller brands like ciguena are much harder to sell on, i've really struggled over the last few days trying to work out prices for small/custom/unknown brands. I thought long and hard for how to give you a higher offer but I can't afford to pay top whack for unknown brands and keep it for ages on the off chance someone will want to pay a good price for it.

I can tell you that there's around a 20% offer to acceptance ratio, which isn't bad considering a) the inevitable timewasters B) the amount of cracked bikes (Someone emailed back saying they want £400 for a cracked zoo mod, when ones with the same spec and no crack are selling on ebay for £170 if you're lucky...) and c) the people that think their bike is worth a lot more than it is (Protip; look how often full bikes manage to sell on the forum for anywhere near the asking price...). As far as I can tell the accepted ones seem to be pre members and non trials bikes.

Haggling is ok, I can't get it right all the time, and judging by the offers given by my road/ xc people they don't get it right all the time too.

And lol, Otacon is Danny Kearns?

I still don't quite get what you're doing with the bikes once you've bought them... Are you splitting and selling on eBay? Sending them to Africa? Flogging them down the pub? Interesting concept but I don't get where the business is. And so long as you don't make an advert as annoying as the 'webuyanycar.com' ones you're doing better than them!!

O I never knew this was something related to here!

How many people have you got evaluating bikes?

There's me, who all the offers go to initially so I deal with most of them. I also have a guy who's a technical phone advisor guy at one of the largest mail order road shops to do road bikes, and a guy who's raced in xc/ downhill/ etc quite a lot and owned a ridicuous number of bikes to deal with that side of thing.

I'm welcome to suggestions on how to improve, i'm considering some kind of counter offer thing, however that'd mean I get pushed up all the time :P

And monkeyseemonkeydo, there's lots of different things we do with them but there's a good profit per unit being achieved, and that couldn't be achieved by just selling the bike yourself, it's more than just giving a low offer and flogging them for more.

Its how a lot of these companies work. there are loads of companies how there who guarantee to buy your property, but will offer you 70/80%, its how they make their money. This is exactly the same thing.

Frooty

Edited by fruitbat

Could you stock pile average prices on bikes? Or have a part list ie how much the parts were worth then calculate your price/offer from that? Also on the form is it worth having a more detailed entry bit on the specification? Maybe a part breakdown to fill in?

Its how a lot of these companies work. there are loads of companies how there who guarantee to buy your property, but will offer you 70/80%, its how they make their money. This is exactly the same thing.

Frooty

Unfortunately there's thousands to be made per unit there :P But heh, there's still enough money to be made here to make it worthwhile though at the moment it's taking a lot of time with the initial rush of interest (In the time it took me to write the last post three bikes were offered >_<).

Could you stock pile average prices on bikes? Or have a part list ie how much the parts were worth then calculate your price/offer from that? Also on the form is it worth having a more detailed entry bit on the specification? Maybe a part breakdown to fill in?

It's on my to do list (Y)

Hey guys, wouldn't it be super funny if we didn't put our details in unless we were serious about receiving an offer which could progress to a quick sale instead of just curiosity?

Lol, that sounds like fun. I'll start by not putting my details in because I don't want to sell my bike! Good times :D.

Hey guys, wouldn't it be super funny if we didn't put our details in unless we were serious about receiving an offer which could progress to a quick sale instead of just curiosity?

:lol: You have a point though, by having the site i'm volunteering my time to you so i'm fine with people wasting my time but unless you're actually wanting a quick sale, can't sell your bike or want to pay a premium for good, fast service then you probably won't get the site, and you probably won't like the offer. As much as i'd love to be able to, I can't pay full price for your bike!

By the way, do a google search for webuyanycar.com reviews :lol: I could do what they do, but i'm doing things the honest way...

Edited by adamtrials

I got a quote for my XC bike which as far as I'm concerned was very fair.

I would never expect to get a lot for a trials bike or a bmx to be honest, they are generally ridden hard and hammered.. plus the resale value is abysmal.

The only problem I have now is that I can't afford to post my bike! :D But come pay day I'll be accepting the offer and shipping it off.

I got a quote for my XC bike which as far as I'm concerned was very fair.

I would never expect to get a lot for a trials bike or a bmx to be honest, they are generally ridden hard and hammered.. plus the resale value is abysmal.

The only problem I have now is that I can't afford to post my bike! :D But come pay day I'll be accepting the offer and shipping it off.

Nice one (Y)

Like you say, a problem that a lot of people on this forum will have experienced is trials bikes are worth a lot less than other bikes generally, meaning the system works much better for more expensive bikes. So far the acceptance ratio on more expensive bikes looks to be a lot lot higher.