Modified Cars

N Roach

Where do these people get their money from :o

Well, he's a skilled fabricator....

Over here he could probably be hired out for about £100 an hour, all he's got to do is work one day doing the body work for a race car or making up a few exhaust manifolds and he's paid for the rest of the week.

Perhaps the 106 is more show, than a road car? Anyone thought of that, mabye? If it's wider than an 18 wheeler, it isnt going to be used on the road... or you'd hope not lol. I think some people are just abit narrow minded and slate anything that they dont like and wont accept other people's opinions. My uncle's the same. But hey, thats just my opinion (Y)

Perhaps the 106 is more show, than a road car? Anyone thought of that, mabye? If it's wider than an 18 wheeler, it isnt going to be used on the road... or you'd hope not lol. I think some people are just abit narrow minded and slate anything that they dont like and wont accept other people's opinions. My uncle's the same. But hey, thats just my opinion (Y)

It's completely a show car, what he's done with the spacers makes it unusable.

I'd actually have respect for him if he were to bother making it work, rather than just look Max Powered out.

It's completely a show car, what he's done with the spacers makes it unusable.

I'd actually have respect for him if he were to bother making it work, rather than just look Max Powered out.

Oh yea, admittedly, if it was something you could actually use, it would be more impressive. But i still find it impressive... Different opinions i guess. I just dont get people who go 'it's shit', in so many words, and fail to look at what these people are actually acheiving. Modding my Saxo has had it's complications and it's fairly straight forward compared to alot of the car's mentioned. So imagine what set backs they get.

Anyone know of some good and reliable websites for buying parts? So far I have only found one website which looks to me to be good, which is www.potn.co.uk. Any good car audio sites out there as well?

Nath

Sextons are best for Audio (Y)

Honestly, my brain is so one track mind...I meant girls and wrote Audi Gays.....

Come on, own up who did it ? :P

Edited by Krisboats

Anyone know of some good and reliable websites for buying parts? So far I have only found one website which looks to me to be good, which is www.potn.co.uk. Any good car audio sites out there as well?

Nath

I used CarAudioDirect. Seems good, although it's probably best to give them an email you don't use often, when I receive their "ICE blast" emails I feel like such a chav :giggle:

i do hate the fact that as soon you do anything ICE related you're automatically stereotyped as a chav...

all i want a better sounding speakers than the OEM piece's of shits!! don't want doooovvd. tv screens or bollocks xbox in my glovebox.

steve

Due to 'chavs' go around with their music blaring out and setting it all up for bass so there's hardly anything else to the music. Same with Saxo's and Corsa's etc. It's the dick's that get noticed and give the item's the stereotype.

Personally i find my uprated fronts, 6x9's, tweeters and crossovers enough for me, giving a nice sound without a sub... Also feel less of a dick when i open the boot lol.

Nath

Depends on the car really, different sites cater for different markets. What car you got, we might be able to point you in a better direction :)

Yeah, I completely get that, but the issue for me is that it's so much for show only, that it might as well not be a car.... The idea of a car, is you can drive it. I can put up with decked cars that have to go slow on bumpy roads ect, I used to have a 55bhp 4 speed golf that was dropped 120mm, proper case of slow and low, haha. But what I loved about that car was that the tiny engine sat up there out of the way meant I could use it properly, even at that silly low height. To me if it can't be used, I don't see the point. That saxo is simply nothing short of a bodge covered in shiny fancy, admittedly well done bodywork, but there's still gunna be the hideous bodge under it all, and that to me means it's not the complete package.

As for audi shops, caraudiodirect were always good for me in the past when I had clubpolo membership that gave me free postage, that's since run out, and when I went to order an 8 inch sub, they wanted £20 for postage. No thanks.

Also just had a look on europerformance, and the polybush's are literally twice the price I've found them on other sites. :S

Edited by RobinJI

i think it depends on what car really and why your doing it. if its in the case of a classic mini then i can see why. if its a corsa then i don't see point you might aswell save your money and get a better car thats proberly cooler and faster.

I read the first 2 posts and thats pretty much all to be said.

There is ways around faster cars and cheap insurance at the same time. To be honest I look at people in modified saxo's, corsa's, fiestas, escys etc and just generaly pitty them.

Modified cars are shit, with the ULTRA GAY lexus lights, speed lines, rediculous exhaust shitty stickers down the sides of the doors, crappy hellfrauds wheels gay fake petrol caps, blue lights and indicators etc. Its all about buying a nice standard car and keeping it that way. I got a 205 gti when I was 18 and fell in love with it, insurance was only £700 quid (because I said it was 1989 instead of 1988, otherwise it was £700 more to insure? The only things I changed on it were just for preformace reasons. Nothing I've done to it can be seen when the bonnets closed except handling things, spaced out wheels and 25mm drop.

If its your first car, just get something really shit, you can stick stickers all over until you cant even tell what colour or car it is. If its not your first car dont get a shit car and shitly modify it. Just get a nice car and leave it nice how its meant to be.

unless its a mk2 golf, then pimp the f**k out it.

As for audi shops, caraudiodirect were always good for me in the past when I had clubpolo membership that gave me free postage, that's since run out, and when I went to order an 8 inch sub, they wanted £20 for postage. No thanks.

ahaaaa, you did the same as me ! :P

It being a show car isn't what I could see until he took the stupid decision to f**k it up by putting the wheel spacers on. In my mind, a show car is a very modded car which in theory could be driven on the road and is both mechanically and aesthetically modified. I would have zero problem with his car if he'd decided he wanted to make it that wide so had custom suspension components fabbed to extend the drivetrain and wishbones to allow the car to be driven. Any halfwit can ruin their car by putting 140mm wheel spacers on but I didn't think anyone was retarded enough to actually do it. That's why I have zero respect for what he's done.

I just dont get people who go 'it's shit', in so many words, and fail to look at what these people are actually acheiving. Modding my Saxo has had it's complications and it's fairly straight forward compared to alot of the car's mentioned. So imagine what set backs they get.

As above, I don't have a problem with modding in general, although when you see the fast and furious decalled up cars it makes me giggle and some people have literally zero taste but if they like it whatever. My issue is only with that 106 which just makes me want to punch the guy doing it! On a side note your Saxo looks really nice and sets it off really well. Just don't put 140mm wheel spacers on it! :P

I read the first 2 posts and thats pretty much all to be said.

There is ways around faster cars and cheap insurance at the same time. To be honest I look at people in modified saxo's, corsa's, fiestas, escys etc and just generaly pitty them.

Modified cars are shit, with the ULTRA GAY lexus lights, speed lines, rediculous exhaust shitty stickers down the sides of the doors, crappy hellfrauds wheels gay fake petrol caps, blue lights and indicators etc. Its all about buying a nice standard car and keeping it that way. I got a 205 gti when I was 18 and fell in love with it, insurance was only £700 quid (because I said it was 1989 instead of 1988, otherwise it was £700 more to insure? The only things I changed on it were just for preformace reasons. Nothing I've done to it can be seen when the bonnets closed except handling things, spaced out wheels and 25mm drop.

If its your first car, just get something really shit, you can stick stickers all over until you cant even tell what colour or car it is. If its not your first car dont get a shit car and shitly modify it. Just get a nice car and leave it nice how its meant to be.

unless its a mk2 golf, then pimp the f**k out it.

Talk about hypocritical! :D

When will people realise that not all modified cars have been covered in glue and crashed through Halfords.

Its all a question of taste.

I personally really cant stand all these Saxos and Fiestas that have a body kit that makes them look like a space ship and lexus lights from halfords. I'm more of a fan of factory modding, like Alpina, Brabus, Irmscher, Cosworth etc.

I also don't mind modding if you are making it look like something specific. If you got a Metro and wacked a sodding great wide arch it on it and a V6 lump in the back so it was like a 6R4, thats awesome! I also really love the properly decaled up Subarus to look like rally cars, or making a mini look like Hopkirks rally car, or making a Peugeot 406 look like a touring car.

I much prefer modded cars to look like something specific, not just a standard car with space thrusters glued on.

modding a car isnt just about puttin ghuge amounts of plastic on them, adding a turbo toy our car is modding also sublte oem mods can be done which make the car much better check out the JDM honda scene most of those cars you see there are modded through oem styling :)

maybe a few haver mugen parts on but its not as if there chucking huge amounts of plastic on there cars just little things that make the car look much better at an affordable price :)

I personally really cant stand all these Saxos and Fiestas that have a body kit that makes them look like a space ship and lexus lights from halfords. I'm more of a fan of factory modding, like Alpina, Brabus, Irmscher, Cosworth etc.

To be honest, in theory at least, there is little difference between what the McDonalds Crew do to their Corsas and what the likes of Brabus do to brand new Mercs. The difference (as you rightly point out) is taste. Well, taste and money, factory modding costs a lot, because it's generally an extension of the OEM build using similar (or sometimes more expensive) fabrication techniques. They both achieve the same goal, making the standard car different.

Everyone's tastes are different as has been pointed out so many times in this thread and that's why the modding scene is so diverse.