Modified Cars

N Roach

I've driven a 997 Porsche 911 Carerra S, is it as quick as that?

It's not all about how quick they are, it's the Q factor ! If you were there in your 911 Carrera S that you'd spent god knows how much on and some kid in a red topped corsa worth £1500 went flying past you wouldn't you have the hump a bit ?

I've driven a GT3RS, and it was no where near as much fun as Andy P's F7P'd 340 !

Anyway, in answer to the question....

I've just youtube'd Redtop VS and it would appear they are probably as fast, yes...

Redtop corsa out accelerates Ferrari F430

Youtube Video ->
">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> Edited by F-Stop Junkie

that 106 is mental. actually flicked through every page and it gets more and more interesting.

And if you just flick to near the end of the thread you immediately realise the guy is a complete retard ;). Or is that a different car? Didn't actually bother reading much of it. Whoever owns this monstrosity needs to be slapped.

006-3.jpg

1.1 Pug 106... Sick blud. :sick:

If you were there in your 911 Carrera S that you'd spent god knows how much on and some kid in a red topped corsa worth £1500 went flying past you wouldn't you have the hump a bit ?

Which he wouldn't, because it doesn't have 385bhp.

Plus I couldn't hear the thrashy engine over the nice Bose stereo :)

12.2 second 1/4 mile from a turbo'd retdtop Corsa....

Running on slicks, and has an engine with a drag strip power delivery and a propensity of being on it's roof when it reaches a corner...

It's not all about how quick they are, it's the Q factor ! If you were there in your 911 Carrera S that you'd spent god knows how much on and some kid in a red topped corsa worth £1500 went flying past you wouldn't you have the hump a bit ?

Not really, I'd rather be the person who did better in life.

Plus I couldn't hear the thrashy engine over the nice Bose stereo :)

Thats the important bit....were both on the same "refined" wave length :P

Not really, I'd rather be the person who did better in life.

I personally don't associate people with cars anymore, too many times have I made assumptions of people because of the cars they drive.

We had a guy come to buy a bike from us the other week, he bought just a basic scott £300 MTB and asked if I could give him a hand to put it in his car. Went out to his car and he had a little Rover 214 hatch back, with a cracked rear bumper and a big dent in the side of it. Bike didn't fit so I offered to drop it off on my way home, I turned up at his house and it was f**king huge! I went to his "garage" to show him how the quick release wheels worked and how best to store it and it turns out he was a multi millionaire ex BTCC driver. He had a new Aston, a couple of old Jags and a genuine E30 M3. Turns out he was driving the Rover because he'd just come off a 3 year drink driving ban and it was all his insurance company would cover him on....

It works both ways though, if you saw me pull up in my Audi you would never think I was 18, worked in a bike shop on less than minimum wage, lived with my mum and was registered disabled would you ?

Edited by Pashley26

a genuine E30 M3

A genuine E30 M3 yesterday:

1155695-1.jpg

Nowt that special, there's hundreds of the buggers!

Turns out he was driving the Rover because he'd just come off a 3 year drink driving ban and it was all his insurance company would cover him on....

Man drives shit car for being a twat shocka!

If you saw me pull up in the 911, would you really think I work in IT for a multi-national bank?

Actually yes, you might...

I'm with Chris R on this subject. A friend of mine has a 400bhp Sierra Cosworth (as in, it actually puts that much power out), and it's got loads of trick bits, and he's really into getting it set up right, playing with different ECUs and chips, and getting into proper performance modification. In fact, so fun is this car that after a ride in it last night I'd almost splash out on one... but I'd never get enough use out of it. Plus there's no denying, cars are moneypits. Just check the car mod thread here - 'nuff sob stories.

It's just funny that most of the time I see 'Max Power' stickers stuck to Clios with 3in exhaust pipes. I think there's modifying, and then there's sticking a load of plastic on your mum's old car, adding up the extra bhp that your mods 'guarantee' you to get, add that to the factory power rating and multiply by 1.3 and then stand round the open bonnet marvelling at £65's worth of K&N filter with your mates.

I could go on, but I'll stop now.

A genuine E30 M3 yesterday:

1155695-1.jpg

Nowt that special, there's hundreds of the buggers!

If you saw me pull up in the 911, would you really think I work in IT for a multi-national bank?

I think an E30 M3 is a very special car, and I see far more Porsche 911's than M3's.

I personally wouldn't think of any stereotype if I saw somebody turn up in a porsche other than they had a bit of money, you don't have to have to be anybody special to own one you just need money.

There a pretty "boring" choice for the market there in though, I'd much rather have something a bit less blatant, slightly more exclusive and something people didn't mutter wanker under their breath every time they saw....

If I had the money to buy that sort of car I'd feel safe in saying I would not buy a Porsche newer than the 944.

Edited by Pashley26

There a pretty "boring" choice for the market there in though,

If I had the money to buy that sort of car I'd feel safe in saying I would not buy a Porsche newer than the 944.

There's a reason why there's more 911's in the Nurburgring car park than pretty much anything else...

Anyway, how about a '73 2.7 RS?

1137778-1.jpg

1137778-2.jpg

Yours for a mere £135k :)

Running on slicks, and has an engine with a drag strip power delivery and a propensity of being on it's roof when it reaches a corner...

In drag racing, setup is everything. Tyres, suspension, power delivery. That's why you see these corsa's beating far more exotic cars, if they had road setups they'd probably never get off the line for wheelspin...

In drag racing, setup is everything. Tyres, suspension, power delivery. That's why you see these corsa's beating far more exotic cars, if they had road setups they'd probably never get off the line for wheelspin...

Not to mention the Ferrari can do 20,000 miles between services, cope on bad roads and in baking sun, and still be worth more than £250 at the end of it.

If I owned a crazy fast Corsa that beat a Ferrari 360, I'd be happy (who wouldn't be).

If I owned a Ferrari 360 that had just been beaten by a Corsa, I'd still be happy (if maybe a little miffed).

Modding is personal, and I can see why people do it. In Prawn and Toms case, it's money well spent. I just don't believe in people spending all their money on Halfords rims. :P

There's a reason why there's more 911's in the Nurburgring car park than pretty much anything else...

Anyway, how about a '73 2.7 RS?

1137778-1.jpg

1137778-2.jpg

Yours for a mere £135k :)

Thats far more like it, you know me I like stuff like that !

When I see a car like that I think Classy, original and timeless. When I see a new Porsche I just see something which in 36 years time will mean nothing to me....

And if you just flick to near the end of the thread you immediately realise the guy is a complete retard ;). Or is that a different car? Didn't actually bother reading much of it. Whoever owns this monstrosity needs to be slapped.

006-3.jpg

1.1 Pug 106... Sick blud. :sick:

You do realise that car's not even half way through being modified, dont you? Lol. Monstrosity? Mabye so in some people's eye's... But, if it is finished in a good enough way, that car, no matter what you say, could be a master piece when it comes to the work that has gone into it. Things like that arent really thrown together, they take time, money and alot of hard work. You surely can respect the dedication? Ok, so it's still a 106, but it could be one hell of a one-off 106.

You do realise that car's not even half way through being modified, dont you? Lol. Monstrosity? Mabye so in some people's eye's... But, if it is finished in a good enough way, that car, no matter what you say, could be a master piece when it comes to the work that has gone into it. Things like that arent really thrown together, they take time, money and alot of hard work. You surely can respect the dedication? Ok, so it's still a 106, but it could be one hell of a one-off 106.

The thing I don't understand about this guy is that he spent a lot of money buying alloys and body kits and a lot of time fibre glassing and smoothing, then completely changes the style. Although on the other hand, I admire his dedicated and effort that he has put into that car and one day when that car is finished it is going to be a piece of art!

Probably one of the best build threads ever.

This is the guy - DSC_0515-1.jpg

I don't think he's very old haha :P

DSC_0314.jpg

He makes everything himself, his welding is simply amazing...

PB090268.jpg

He made all his own fiberglass molds for the body...

glassfiber2.jpg

He made his own cage and spaceframe'd it...

P7250045.jpg

P6240004.jpg

DSC00307.jpg

Custom mounts all round...

P6240006.jpg

P4290021.jpg

His daily driver...

P8100089.jpg

I can't wait for that project to be finished :)

Ok, so it's still a 106, but it could be one hell of a one-off 106.

But that's like saying "It's still MDF, but what a piece of MDF!"

There's an expression regarding turds and polishing that I can't quite remember...

Wow, boy can fabricate! That's a heck of a job.

Unfortunatley...

This is the guy - DSC_0515-1.jpg

He takes self-portraits like a gimp.