Mtb Pics Thread

haydon_peter

I may make the leap and buy a king.

This is going to hurt me and my bank.

Do it!

I'm enjoying the Marin.

Few clips of me and a mate riding a local spot. Im in the black tee.

Edited by Mr_scott

I  may make the leap and buy a king.

This is going to hurt me and my bank.

For an XC bike? I wouldn't bother, totally not worth it compared to what else you could buy for that sort of money. I'm currently loving my XTR shifters, they're beautiful! If you do insist on really expensive wheels, I'd go for the Crank Bros ones. Pimp as f**k.

http://www.crankbrothers.com/wheel_design_iodine.php

Few clips of me and a mate riding a local spot. Im in the black tee.

That surely isnt the way to treat that bike! Nice riding though. Where is it?

For an XC bike?  I wouldn't bother, totally not worth it compared to what else you could buy for that sort of money.  I'm currently loving my XTR shifters, they're beautiful!  If you do insist on really expensive wheels, I'd go for the Crank Bros ones.  Pimp as f**k.  

http://www.crankbrot...sign_iodine.php

That surely isnt the way to treat that bike!  Nice riding though.  Where is it?

XC? bah hah never, its for my jump/ park bike. I've found one on the cheap.

That surely isnt the way to treat that bike! Nice riding though. Where is it?

I did think that too but meh, either way it looks like a fun place to ride!

Its all good. Shes taking it well up to now.

Its some local trails the other side of Barnsley.

Edited by Mr_scott

Got a few new bits for my cheep and cheerful Carrera:

p4pb4930966.jpg

p4pb4930971.jpg

Brings the spec to something like:

Frame - Carrera Banshee 2007.

Rear Shock - Fox Float RP2.

Forks - RockShox Domain 318 U-turn.

Chainset - Shimano Hone.

Chain Device - Blackspire NS1.

Chain - Sram, can't remember which.

Cassette - Sram, also can't remember which.

Rear Mech - Shimano XT shadow.

Shifter - Shimano XT.

Pedals - Specialized.

Brakes - Shimano LX, 203mm front, 180mm rear, XT rotors.

Hubs - Hope Pro2 20mm front, DMR 6 pawl rear.

Rims - Sun Equalizer 31.

Spokes - DT swiss double butted.

Tyres - Maxxis/Continental.

Stem - BBB.

Bars - Easton EA30.

Seat - SDG bel air.

Grips - ODI Ruffian Lock-on.

Edited by RobinJI

What frame is that?

I've got a big hit but I dont really have the stregnth or skill to handle it properly, so looking for something a bit more conventional, lighter, less travel... something like whatever that is :P

It's an Iron Horse Sunday. It might have a bit less travel (I think it's 8") and it's certainly a bit lighter than a big hit, but I don't think it's going to be that different really. You probably want something like an Sx Trail or Commencal Supreme mini-Dh? Santa Cruz Bullit?

It's nicer now - those cranks bent on my first outing with them (despite their £200 RRP :blink: ) so they've been replaced with the new Saints. I've also removed the blue from the bashing which has always annoyed me, and done my own Zebra-striped bash design which (surprisingly!) looks pretty cool.

dunno if i posted pics of full build, been built for about a month and love it. although it feels a bit ott for places like wales trail centers, marin always felt like you were pushing it but you feel you cant get fast enough on this. but outings on dartmoor have been pretty rad.

had an off last week though, over bars and broke wrist and collar bone, hense why its on turbo trainer. brilliant.

gallery_1802_2143_12983.jpg

It's an Iron Horse Sunday. It might have a bit less travel (I think it's 8") and it's certainly a bit lighter than a big hit, but I don't think it's going to be that different really. You probably want something like an Sx Trail or Commencal Supreme mini-Dh? Santa Cruz Bullit?

Yeah I think thats a bit too much travel for my abilities, I'd prefer to sacrafice some travel for a weight saving. I've taken a look at the iron horse point 6 (very nice), but my current train of thought is a specialized pitch... I'm a sucker for brand loyalty (my rockhopper served me well back in the day!).

Anyone want to buy a big hit frame....

Yeah, Pitches are really nice. I've got a friend who's had one for ages and loves it, and another who's just bought a Pitch frame. They're basically just Enduros, but a lot cheaper. I reckon they can take a bit of a hammering, and if you're relatively light they should last well enough. The angles are a bit steep for proper DH though.

So no news on my old commy, so it looks like my hardtail (devinchi hucker) is gonna be turning into a commencal meta 6, theyre going cheap at the moment so it's win win, just need to drag 600 quid together then another 150 for new uppers for my lyrik forks, then i'll be back on a full sus :) popped to porc the other day on the hucker and it was mega fun!

Ti bike is nearly there too, i'm a shifter short of the whole setup jobby so that'll happen this weekend with any luck. And i'll have a computer after the weekend so i can be back on tf sometimes :) Love the Iron Horse, looks lovely. But it's lacking brown stuff!