Tartybikes.blogspot.com

Ali C

I was just looking at the new dob wheel set and was wondering

1) Are they new dob rims?

2) If they are has the problem with the nipples pulling through been solved?

If so i think i have just founf my new wheel set. B)

1) No, old stock we had.

2) What problem?

2) What problem?

I remember seeing a few topics on here a few years back the the nipples would pull all the way through the holes.

I dont know if that was true but thats what people were saying enyway.

Have you had eny experience with dob rims if so what were they like?

Also maybe abit of a weird question but how much roughly would a set of spokes weigh for the front and back?

Edited by Andrew C

When I bought my mod wheels off Ads, I was running a front Dob mag rim that was pretty old. I switched it up to have matching Trialtech rims, but the Dob rim was still fine. I doubt there'll be many problems with them of that nature (Y)

When I bought my mod wheels off Ads, I was running a front Dob mag rim that was pretty old. I switched it up to have matching Trialtech rims, but the Dob rim was still fine. I doubt there'll be many problems with them of that nature (Y)

Cool thanks B)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Have you guys thought about not deleting old products from the website, or having a archive section (or something to that effect) just to keep info about the products available to view?

Yeah I see what you mean, but maybe have it all stored away from the site or something like that? It seems a shame for all that information to goto waste. Especially in 5 years when someone buys a 2010 Onza frame and wants to know the geo. :giggle:

Or have a backdoor access to the hidden archive area of the site through carefullly worded link on this forum, allowing registered users to view the specs and geo etc? As JT! mentioned, it IS a waste to see all your time and effort ensuring the best information is available being lost!

Yeah I see what you mean, but maybe have it all stored away from the site or something like that? It seems a shame for all that information to goto waste. Especially in 5 years when someone buys a 2010 Onza frame and wants to know the geo. :giggle:

I think with stuff like that, between the 6 of us who work here we can usually just remember it. I think each one of us has been riding nearly 10 years, some a lot more :)

Edited by Stan Shaw