A Cause For Concern?

Dan_Trials

Ok so most of this week I have been feeling pretty rubbish, I have been off work the last 2 days because I felt really really rubbish. My job involves dealing with the public and no one wants to do that when you already have a head ache. Anyway, basically I have a cold/ flu bug/ what ever. Or so I thought. While on the phone to some one to let them know I won't be at the race circuit tomorrow they asked if I had swine flu. I jokingly replied "yeah, that's the one, aye." To which they said "have you been tested for it?" Me, getting rather confused by this point, asked "what, for swine flu? yeah right" Which got the reply "There have been six confirmed cases up here this week." Now 'up here' relates to the Isle of Lewis, which as you may have guessed is an island, so that means 6 people on an island have swine flu and it can only get worse.

Ok so most of this week I have been feeling pretty rubbish, I have been off work the last 2 days because I felt really really rubbish. My job involves dealing with the public and no one wants to do that when you already have a head ache. Anyway, basically I have a cold/ flu bug/ what ever. Or so I thought. While on the phone to some one to let them know I won't be at the race circuit tomorrow they asked if I had swine flu. I jokingly replied "yeah, that's the one, aye." To which they said "have you been tested for it?" Me, getting rather confused by this point, asked "what, for swine flu? yeah right" Which got the reply "There have been six confirmed cases up here this week." Now 'up here' relates to the Isle of Lewis, which as you may have guessed is an island, so that means 6 people on an island have swine flu and it can only get worse.

dont mean to be annoying but, even if you do have it....so what?!

more people have died from normal influenza since swine flu came about.

its just a dif type of flu....but its still just flu!

just get better n stop being a fraggle about it lol

p.s - aint my fault if you die from it :-

Edited by arw_86

:lol: True, I aint being much of a pansy about it, I just thought I should take some responsibilty for once, but obviously it isnt required just yet. I was actually going to put at the end "Now tomorrow should I book an emergency apointment or go ride?" but thought that would get slated, haha.

Yeah I know of a couple of people who've had swine flu, you've probably got it. I'd go into see a doc. But if you have got swine flu don't get into a mass panic. It's just like any other flu.

They'll diagnose you with it over the phone if you've got something like 5 of the described symptons without any other testing. So the majority of people who go around telling everyone they've had swine flu have usually just had a mediocre cold with similar sypmtons and just spent a few days lazing at home watching TV.

If you actually get it you won't be doing ANYTHING for at least a day since it drains you so much. Just ask Fish (I think it was him who got royally f**ked over by it?).

So how come so many people seem to die from it then? Or is it just that those are publicised and the 'usual' aren't?

Because (some people the most that have died) are in less economical'y developed countries so they don't have as good heath care ect. and most the people in our country that have died are like 60+ or under 8 so there immune systems arnt as strong, just stick it out for a week you'll be fine.

Danny :)

They'll diagnose you with it over the phone if you've got something like 5 of the described symptons without any other testing. So the majority of people who go around telling everyone they've had swine flu have usually just had a mediocre cold with similar sypmtons and just spent a few days lazing at home watching TV.

If you actually get it you won't be doing ANYTHING for at least a day since it drains you so much. Just ask Fish (I think it was him who got royally f**ked over by it?).

Apparently you're not meant to go to a doctor if you suspect you have it, cuz then the doctor gets it and he/she (PC lol) will then just pass it on to all the people they see. Not a good circle lol.

WTF? so if you think you're ill you're not supposed to go to the doctor?

What they're trying to do is stop infected people from passing it onto other people, especially at places like doctors, GP's, hospitals and pharmacy's etc because high risk people are people who are likely to be hanging round these places. Swine flu is pretty harmless to people who are in good health and young, but if you goto the docs and infect some old woman who's there for pneumonia or something you'll probably end up killing her.

What they're trying to do is stop infected people from passing it onto other people, especially at places like doctors, GP's, hospitals and pharmacy's etc because high risk people are people who are likely to be hanging round these places. Swine flu is pretty harmless to people who are in good health and young, but if you goto the docs and infect some old woman who's there for pneumonia or something you'll probably end up killing her.

And also loads of people go into places like that, so it can spread really quickly and easily.