Drivechain Idea

TROYston

I was just thinking today, if my chain snaps or ffw eats itself or dies, im going to seriously hurt myself.

So how about having your usual set up on one side and on the non-drive side, get another drive crank arm and put a LHD acs claws fw on it. so if anything goes wrong with the first one, your safe?

And lock tight your pedal on its all gravy,

I run LHD cranks with RHD set-up on my 24 and its never come loose and likewise with the pedal.

For you hard riders its not a bad idea.

And the t-master hub can accept two sprockets one on either side. but you disk folks are unlucky. lol

I was just thinking today, if my chain snaps or ffw eats itself or dies, im going to seriously hurt myself.

So how about having your usual set up on one side and on the non-drive side, get another drive crank arm and put a LHD acs claws fw on it. so if anything goes wrong with the first one, your safe?

And lock tight your pedal on its all gravy,

I run LHD cranks with RHD set-up on my 24 and its never come loose and likewise with the pedal.

For you hard riders its not a bad idea.

And the t-master hub can accept two sprockets one on either side. but you disk folks are unlucky. lol

Somebody would have to design a new hub, the left hand sprocket on a tmaster hub would unscrew as you kicked.

Locktite wouldn't hold it man, then i think you would have tension problems too.

If you could do it properly it would be a very good idea, but i dont think its something you can just knock up

Im goint to give it a go, if i cross thread it on and then weal it on it should work :P. i have spare in my shed that i can make it with, im going to try it.

Silly...will be heavy as f**k, plus you would rip your trousers on both sides instead of just the left lmao

My bike is heavy anyway so it doesn't really bother me. and weight is not a issue for me to be honest, and i have both trousers tucked in when riding anyway.

The actual main idea has gone in this topic, how many people crash and hurt them selves due to chain snapping and sudden loose drive-train, this will eliminate the problem, unless both the chains snap then you are buggered.

i have both trousers tucked in when riding anyway.

dan-thompson.jpg

?

Anyway, the T-Master hub's got threads on the other side for a micro-drive freewheel meaning that not only are they threaded in the wrong direction, they're also drastically undersized. Your idea will not work.

If you don't buy cheap, shit freewheels and chains, keep an eye on them, and replace your chain reasonably frequently you don't have much to worry about. A new Trialtech Lite chain every 3 months or so means you don't have to worry about the chain side of things, and if you get a decent freewheel and keep an eye/ear out for any signs of trouble, that should be fine too.

As a side point, you've also got to realise that both sides of your drivetrain will never engage simultaneously, and therefore if your primary side failed, there'd be a bit of gap between that dying and your other side engaging (assuming that it didn't skip/break too, anyway...), so you'd still eat shit regardless.

dan-thompson.jpg

?

Anyway, the T-Master hub's got threads on the other side for a micro-drive freewheel meaning that not only are they threaded in the wrong direction, they're also drastically undersized. Your idea will not work.

If you don't buy cheap, shit freewheels and chains, keep an eye on them, and replace your chain reasonably frequently you don't have much to worry about. A new Trialtech Lite chain every 3 months or so means you don't have to worry about the chain side of things, and if you get a decent freewheel and keep an eye/ear out for any signs of trouble, that should be fine too.

As a side point, you've also got to realise that both sides of your drivetrain will never engage simultaneously, and therefore if your primary side failed, there'd be a bit of gap between that dying and your other side engaging (assuming that it didn't skip/break too, anyway...), so you'd still eat shit regardless.

lol yer thats what i look like but topless most of the time lol.

I have had my current chain on my bike the bikes entire life of a year, and 2 other bikes before that, so its a 3 year old chain. and i worry about it, but have got more important things to buy.

My current ffw is a try-all so i don't really trust it anyway.

But it will freeze your cranks for spinning anyway giving you time to step back.

And all the different size means is ill buy a oddessy fw for the rear and have a sprocket up front.

Maybe i can play with gearing also seeming the smallest fw is a 13 tooth. any currently im running 18:12.

So, let me just get it straight - you say you've got more important things to spend money on than your 3-year-old chain and freewheel that you're worried about, yet you're planning on buying a new sprocket for the front, a new right-side crank arm, potentially a new rear hub (when you f**k it trying to mince around with this new setup) AND a new chain and freewheel (which you don't think are important enough to replace on your current setup)? You are aware that a new 'normal' freewheel for your current setup and a new chain is going to be substantially less than buying an entire new drive-train (that won't do anything but add weight)?

So, let me just get it straight - you say you've got more important things to spend money on than your 3-year-old chain and freewheel that you're worried about, yet you're planning on buying a new sprocket for the front, a new right-side crank arm, potentially a new rear hub (when you f**k it trying to mince around with this new setup) AND a new chain and freewheel (which you don't think are important enough to replace on your current setup)? You are aware that a new 'normal' freewheel for your current setup and a new chain is going to be substantially less than buying an entire new drive-train (that won't do anything but add weight)?

i know i should buy a new chain but the bike is a ashed and would rather wait till it snaps and then get a new chain, the ffw is the same thought.

I can make my idea as i have many spares in my shed which will allow me try it. i don't care about weight to be honest maybe in the future. but its only a idea, don't scrutinize me please.

The rear hub has had a front wheel axle from a 26"hub bodged in it. so yes i don't really care.

lol yer thats what i look like but topless most of the time lol.

I have had my current chain on my bike the bikes entire life of a year, and 2 other bikes before that, so its a 3 year old chain. and i worry about it, but have got more important things to buy.

My current ffw is a try-all so i don't really trust it anyway.

But it will freeze your cranks for spinning anyway giving you time to step back.

And all the different size means is ill buy a oddessy fw for the rear and have a sprocket up front.

Maybe i can play with gearing also seeming the smallest fw is a 13 tooth. any currently im running 18:12.

Your a dousch! you put this topic up to ask us if it was a good idea which it isnt so then you make yourself look like a HUGEE chav!

WOW what an amazing idea. I can't believe no one has ever thought of this before. You are amazing. I think you'll make millions from this idea.

Is that what you wanted to hear?

:lol:

I was simply asking if it is good idea.

Obviously not, i am still going to try it, when your chain snaps and you hurt yourself then tell me its a bad idea ;) because you know its going to e in the back of your head.

I am a chav actually that's why i have long hair and listen to ever type of music and mainly love jungle , and old school hip-hop lol oh and used to be a punx, so yer :L.

Obviously not, i am still going to try it, when your chain snaps and you hurt yourself then tell me its a bad idea ;) because you know its going to e in the back of your head.

And when we have a couple of battle scars to show our riding, you'll look like a douche with two chains f**king up and the added weight that you ant even get up a curb.

Buy a decent setup and you'll be okay.