My New Inspired

† CETFLY †

Heres the pic I went from when I was buying it:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2435/392939...3a50e0cbc_b.jpg

Heres what it looks like now that its mine :) It was a bit of a weird-weather day here in Aus so the colours didnt come out as vividly as the original photo

IMG_8713Large.jpg

IMG_8715Large.jpg

IMG_8714Large.jpg

IMG_8716Large.jpg

IMG_8717Large.jpg

IMG_8722Large.jpg

IMG_8721Large.jpg

IMG_8720Large.jpg

ChrisKingHeadsetLarge.jpg

IMG_8718Large.jpg

IMG_8719Large.jpg

The colour scheme im going for is black (frame), red anodized parts, and silver (cranks, brakes, master cylinder, spokes)

Im thinking of changing are the Salmon pink Chris King headset, because it wont go with all the Hope anodized red parts im changing :P

Ive ordered a brand new red Hope headset so will have to wait till all my other parts are on the bike to see if I like it or not.

I spoke to Cameron, at Chris King in Portland, Oregon, USA recently.

I told him my Chris King headset looks salmon-pink, but with the hubs being red, i'd like a red replacement cap-set.

He said that he'd actually hang onto it. If not I'd be easily able to sell it for the same, but most likely more than the price of a new one in the anodized red with white writing that I was chasing.

He said this is due to this colour being a limited edition through Chris King where they were donating a part of this particular series' sales, named "Pretty And Strong" to the Womens Breast Cancer Research Foundation.

Mine is stamped with the year that it was produced. This in itself has increased its price greatly he said due to it being a limited production run, a limited colour which isnt repeated anymore (more of a salmon-pink colour, where they now do bright pink) and that mine has "Pretty And Strong 2008" stamped on the top cap.

The other reason its highly sort after and valuable is because, as Cameron was telling me, they dont stamp them with the year anymore. The one I have is the very last printed series made this way.

It has far more meaning to me now, and in general, than I couldve thought. Pretty special headset.

If I really want to sell it to match the colour scheme i've chosen then at least I can without any problems at all when the red hope headset comes.

Will just have to see when the entire bike is near finished.

Ive taken the black hope hubs out and theyre currently getting swapped over with the near new matching pair of red Hope Pro 2 trials hub and Pro 2 front, laced on SS spokes and brand new rear black Rhyno Lite rim.

I had to go brand new because the only hub set I could get had 36h rear and my rims were both 32h. The wheel builder said its not even worth stuffing around and wasting all the time to make a setup like that work, when its still not going to be very strong in the end. Best to bite the bullet and buy a new rim and spokes.

Things I am definitely changing are the pink seat clamp, for a new Hope red anodized seat clamp and black bar-ends with Hope red anodized bar ends.

Im waiting for tarty's to get stock in of Echo SL red brake lever or may just buy the entire Echo TR and change the lines to braided. Purely for pimpin really :P. The brakes ive got currently are near new anyway. Pads arent even worn in :P. Either I stick with the Maggie and just swap the lever over from the Echo CNC one on there now to a red one and leave all other aspects of the current rear Maggie in black... or I go with the Echo TR full brake (single) and have silver slave cylnders (which will match the front Hope Mono Trial brake ive got waiting to swap over which has silver cylinders) and the red anodized body of the echo TR will match the rest of the colour scheme. Was thinking about turning the black section of the brake lever assembly (where it bolts to the black handlebars) silver instead of black though so it keeps with the theme

EchoTRbrake.jpg

Would be nice if the rear brake setup matched the front. The front Hope mono Ive pimped that out with red resevoir cap, red bore plug and hope anodized red front quick release lever. Its ultra pimped with a Hope carbon fibre brake lever. I'll be running a 200mm disc.

Ive put the rear hub spacers under the buffer and they look like chrome now instead of flat alloy colour.

Will look good in the end hopefully!

What do you boys think bout this build? Namely the rear brake swap for Echo TR red with braided lines?

Look forward to hearing comments and thoughts

Cheers :)

Wes

Edited by † CETFLY †

Haha you two are classic :) Each saying dead opposite :P

Im very specific with my builds, hence the long post ;) Me being specific goes with anything im building, bikes, cars, anything. I like it to look one of a kind and all mine.

LOL bust out the reading glasses :P Me too right now because its 4:10am here in Aus and im shattered. Eyes are failing me :P.

Cant wait to get these parts to see how the combos will go.

Just need to know whether to order the rear brake or not. Im leaning towards it.

I'd prefer not to have any Deng kit on it but it already has the Echo forks and rear brake clamps and the red anodized complete brake setup is only available in Echo. Shame. Oh well. The rest is all top-end gear and costin a small fortune.

Looks amazing! Just get the lever without the slaves, or save up for an RB.

Whats an RB?

Are there any problems with the TR brakes themselves? The colour of them would look great on the bars and the slaves cylinders being silver.

Putting braided lines on it would set it off :) And make them fail proof.

I could go with the Magura lever in red which ive just found on Tarty's. Didnt realise they made them. Is this the same problematic TPA system on the stock Maggie lever? The ones that always stuff up and the threads skip? http://www.tartybikes.co.uk/product.php?pr...;category_id=53

Beauty and the beast steed. Handling must be so agile with those 3in riser bars (Y)

Cheers mate :)

On the extremely short test ride I had before I pulled the wheels apart for rebuilding, it felt incredibly agile. Felt so good with those bars!

Pivotal seat and post and your work is done...

Mmmm that seat looks ok. Im sure I'll be able to sell the current seat and carbon post pretty quickly to replace it

Also, what bars are those?

"BLK/MRKT

Incorporated"

So it reads "Black Market Incorporated"

The "R" is a pistol in the graphics. Sweet bars. I wont be changing those. I love them!

http://www.blackmarketbikes.com/products.p...&item=parts

:D

Edited by † CETFLY †

IMO, it’s a bad move going for colour schemes. You are so close to having a really nice bike. Putting splashes of colour on it just doesn’t tickle my fancy.

The frame looks great with the small sticker on the top tube. Forks go well. Pimpin head set (I run one in my 24 too). Nice bar and stem set up.

Ive never liked the look or the ride of those tyres. Your saddle is a bit big but I don’t mind seeing a normal seat post on a mountain bike trials bike, plus its carbon - win!

I have seen too many people spit teeth out their mouths because of half link chains, plus I wouldn’t use anything other than a sprung tensioner!

Is that Ti rotor bolts? Pimp!

Anyway, hope it rides well for you, that’s all that matters.

Edited by Ross McArthur

IMO, it’s a bad move going for colour schemes. You are so close to having a really nice bike. Putting splashes of colour on it just doesn’t tickle my fancy.

Your saddle is a bit big but I don’t mind seeing a normal seat post on a mountain bike trials bike, plus its carbon - win!

I have seen too many people spit teeth out their mouths because of half link chains, plus I wouldn’t use anything other than a sprung tensioner!

Is that Ti rotor bolts? Pimp!

Ah well, cant please everyone with what I like, but i think the black and red will look mad and the silver of the cranks is default so I'll match that with a few other parts which are the brakes and spokes. Its like clothes, any more than 3 colours looks like a rainbow/crap and any less than 2 is boring :P 3 is perfect. (well...thats my personal opinion anyway!:))

These colours will look sharp and smart. They wont be overbearing or loud, but very refined.

Was possibly thinking of getting the Inspired seat and just bolting it to the existing carbon seat post

Ti rotor bolts? lol not unless Ti rusts :P Nah, theyre cheap crappy ones that are more than stuffed unfortunately. Need to use some others i have here ready to go in.

Mmmm wasnt sure bout the 1/2 link chain. Ive got a brand spanker one to replace it if needed.

Yeah, would prefer a Rholoff also. waiting to hear back from one of the boys about that.

get an inspired saddle and maybe some black cranks then it'd be rate sexy!

Cheers. Not going black cranks. I really dont like black cranks on my bikes so will be leaving them as-is or was thinking of polishing them on the buffing wheel so they look like chrome. Too much black otherwise. I like things to be broken up a bit.

Should be getting some of my parts tomorrow I think, if not thursday, including the wheels so it should be rideable by friday im guessing.

Really need to finish rebuilding these Hope Mono Trial brakes. Cant get the bleed screw-side piston out though. Think a burst of compressed air will help it along so I can put the seal kit through it :P

Will keep putting pics of the changes as I go. Should all be 90%complete by this weekend provided all the parts arrive on time

Them front disc brakes are the best thing to come out of halfords :lol:

Bike looks swish too

Edit: stick with the maggy too. and just get a red leaver ;)

Hahaha yeah, they'd HAVE to be! Thats where theyre from but anyone whos had them or used them say theyre absolutely brilliant, and very powerful (which they certainly are!)

Im going to sell them though as I wont need them.

Thanks for the red lever input. Are they as crap as the stock maggie TPA though? Mine skipped threads on the Woodstock when I pulled on the lever too hard. I dont want that crap happening again. Thats why the current lever wouldve been put on im guessing, so it stops that happening.

I generally like my bikes black. My full suspension Marin is matt black, the onza woodstock was the same and now this Inspired is, but if I had it my way, i wouldve left the headset and seat clamp as pink and just bought a replacement rear wheel (with black hub) complete and just be done with the bike.

Its purely down to the hubs being red that ive gone all out like this.

It will look good in the end though, and if people dont like it oh well, i will :P:)

Im thinking bout getting the wheel builder to rebuild the original rear wheel I had on there seeing as i didnt use the rim or hub and he can order spokes and build it for me. Would anyone be keen on buying it?

Really need to know bout those TPA maggie levers though....

Edited by † CETFLY †

Yehaa, got my wheels back. Was there when he built them. Built them with him too.

Far OUT. SO much more than I couldve thought goes into a proper wheel build. Hes brilliant.

Was great to actually be there watching what he does and how he does it...plus having a hand in the build also.

He professionally built all three of my wheels. One of which im going to sell.

He spent ages getting it so exactly right. I'll be getting each and every wheel build done by him from this point on. I cant rave about him highly enough.

Pics coming in a few minutes :) and I'll be able to have a bit of a ride tomorrow afternoon hopefully! :D

Have been this afternoon.

Its clear how much learning and practice I need to do on these bikes lol

Cant do anything :P. Cant even pedal kick- at all

Kinda got the manualling down a little though (can do that on the mountain bike), wheelies (obv). Was trying to bounce on the front wheel... the bars keep turning no matter how tight I do the stem cap bolt and stem bolts.

Cant really bunny hop at all either. Cant get over how high some of you lads can hop! Freakin amazing