Validation Leanientcy ! Members Read !

joshlyd1

Ok i have had enough of seeing , "you there friend have a vote " posts when most of the people have only posted one or two things in NMC

Members are slipping standards a lot you have validated quite a lot of plonkers who if were in NMC a mod wouldnt validate ... Now a couple of people have been validated who dont deserve too they are spreading the love and validating more .

I would say its like a germ or the infected title off call of duty - one person has it and soon everyone does "/

Remember the good old days when it was a honour to get validated because you had to keep your standards high , now NMC has lost the idea. i think people who are going to vote someone should maybe get linked straight to there post/thread list and check them out more and think about there decision , do you really want Trials chat filled with txt tlk evrythg ? Im sure other would agree

de-validation should be a last resort because if you chose correctly and thought you wouldnt need too ... The so called "flaws" are due you

well to be honest i dont care if i would be out im talking about the divs who are validated when if by the old rules shouldn't

the old rules should still apply imo because the voting system is getting a little silly atm

EDIT--- getting sent back shouldn't really be a common thing , pick your community carefully

Edited by joshlyd1

Josh for admin!

EDIT: In all fairness, weather his punctuation is wrong or whatever. Josh has changed and is alot more mature on the forum now.

I don't see why me, Danny Kearns, Connor powell, Callum curwood etc etc should be allowed back and Josh not to. If he slips up again, permban or whatever.

Let him prove himself, and he is a good lad, as I found out today.

Edited by Borat

I find it funny that he's talking about how people are being let into the members areas without due care being paid and yet he was one of those people revoked because said care wasnt taken :P

ive hardly been here for long, and already finding the repeated digs at this guy a bit dull now?! ironically at the same time youre adding posts that arent exactly within the rules of the site depending on how you view things

reguardless of your personal differences against him, his topic is valid...would be good to see people grow a pair, and try to contribute to the topic instead

I haven't really noticed a problem. However all it takes for a member to get validated these days is one good post. 5 people see it and vote and they're in. How I feel it should be is a pre-member can only receive one vote per post.

This means that once a member has voted, no other member can vote on that post. This would mean that they have to make at least 5 good posts rather than just one. It's all about consistency then. :)

Fatty

What has happened to him anyway?

To be honest, I don't think its 'gone downhill' as regards post quality. Since I've been on the forum we've still had people slip the net and get through validation - although to be honest I hardly even notice it.

It's still the regular lot posting in Chit Chat, any dodgy memebers in there are quickly highlighted and put back to where ever they came from.

I don't see why me, Danny Kearns, Connor powell, Callum curwood etc etc should be allowed back

Me neither.

He has proved himself, which is why he's in here?

Josh for admin!

EDIT: In all fairness, weather his punctuation is wrong or whatever. Josh has changed and is alot more mature on the forum now.

I don't see why me, Danny Kearns, Connor powell, Callum curwood etc etc should be allowed back and Josh not to. If he slips up again, permban or whatever.

He might be nice in real life, but he's a tool on here, hence why he stays in NMC.

I never understand the whole "he's sound in real life though!" argument - this is real life, it's just on the computer rather than in person.

This post does not look good for the forum, for a new member (ie myself) this is the only section you can partake in and its getting clogged up with threads with pointless bickering, threads like this should be deleted as soon as it goes off topic, which it clearly has.

More trials chat and less arguing.

Thank You

Edited by Franksx2005

This post does not look good for the forum, for a new member (ie myself) this is the only section you can partake in and its getting clogged up with threads with pointless bickering, threads like this should be deleted as soon as it goes off topic, which it clearly has.

More trials chat and less arguing.

Thank You

You'll soon learn you get a new thread like this every so often - either someone makes two posts and demands to be validated immediately or someone gets the hump because they've been sent back into NMC.

More often than not, it'll be shut down and ignored; however, some of the replies are pretty valid. I rarely vote on this thing; but when I do I make sure I look at the previous post history.

You'll soon learn you get a new thread like this every so often - either someone makes two posts and demands to be validated immediately or someone gets the hump because they've been sent back into NMC.

More often than not, it'll be shut down and ignored; however, some of the replies are pretty valid. I rarely vote on this thing; but when I do I make sure I look at the previous post history.

Seems like it could be a good system if its not abused, a bit complicated but from what im reading it seems to be a working progress. The problem with a thread like this is it will be the first thing a new member will see, they might decide this forum is too childish (which is what this thread has come accross to me) and then not use it. And that person could have been a valuble member with lots of knowledge and good imput that the forum would have lost.

First impressions are everything, it works both ways im sure.

However "stupid" this sounds, the forum is a community of people, and most of the older riders have met from one side of the country to the other and so its more a friendly - banter - helping forum to me than it is a forum to JUST talk about how great bikes with no seats are and how to fix them.

Seems like it could be a good system if its not abused, a bit complicated but from what im reading it seems to be a working progress. The problem with a thread like this is it will be the first thing a new member will see, they might decide this forum is too childish (which is what this thread has come accross to me) and then not use it. And that person could have been a valuble member with lots of knowledge and good imput that the forum would have lost.

First impressions are everything, it works both ways im sure.

its true that first impressions do mean alot, but then at the same time...if a new potential member came along to the forum they would also potentially see a long string of pointless topics in NMC, most of which with replies along the lines of 'this question has been asked', 'no selling in NMC', 'refer to the NMC rules' and a load of pretty pointless posts created just in a bid to gain attention to become validated.

surely this would be as bad an impression as one single topic discussing (quite childishly at times) the validation system?...much better anyway than the new potential member thinking the forum is full of tards who cant spell, ask daft questions a monkey could answer, have an inablity to use and common sence or read and follow basic rules.

im hoping just as a result of this being here...it may have stopped at least a couple of daft topics or a couple of ridiculous validation votes being made. much better all this nonsence is confined to one topic than spread across the forum ;)

EDIT* before anyone joins on the bandwagon of through abuse, i am aware i dont use capital letters and im aware one of the mods refuses to validate someone if thats the case! what can i say, i just dont like them...its like alphabet hierarchy ;)

Edited by chris4stars