tdubz

To All

i have recently sold a fair of rigid forks on ebay

guy paid through paypal,

i posted the item,

i posted using the address that he had supplied through ebay

i also attached a return address

first class and got a postage receipt

did not use tracked postage because item wasnt worth much and was looking to keep postage costs down to the buyer

i got a message through ebay last night, he claims that he has not yet received the forks

he wants me to find out where they have got to (cant do that not tracked) and he is threatening to retract his payment

can he do that the money is already in my paypal account.?

also where do i stand if this goes to a dispute?

i did not mention at all in the sale post that the delivered would be recorded tracked

i just put it as sellers standard rate

any help would be appreciated so i am prepared if this goes the distance

If you have a receipt for first class i beleive you are entitled to up to £30 statuatory insurance. He has paid for the goods and not received them, did you offer alternative postage options with insurance? If not then really you are at fault. Take your receipt for postage to the post office and make a claim. For how much it costs extra i always tend to use recorded delivery.

To All

i have recently sold a fair of rigid forks on ebay

guy paid through paypal,

i posted the item,

i posted using the address that he had supplied through ebay

i also attached a return address

first class and got a postage receipt

did not use tracked postage because item wasnt worth much and was looking to keep postage costs down to the buyer

i got a message through ebay last night, he claims that he has not yet received the forks

he wants me to find out where they have got to (cant do that not tracked) and he is threatening to retract his payment

can he do that the money is already in my paypal account.?

also where do i stand if this goes to a dispute?

i did not mention at all in the sale post that the delivered would be recorded tracked

i just put it as sellers standard rate

any help would be appreciated so i am prepared if this goes the distance

Mate, always always use recorded, it's not much more than standard.

i have a receipt from the post office which has the post code written on it of where they sent it to

i posted them on the tenth and its only the 18th now

i am reluctant to just refund the money to him at the moment

if i hear nothing in a few days time i shall look into where they have got to

it annoys me because i have sent parts in the same way before and had no problems at all

i was thinking that maybe he has given me the wrong address??? if that is the case surely it is not my fault because the address i sent it to was the one supplied, and even if i had sent them recorded delivery and the address was incorrect i would still have this problem!!!!

If you have a receipt for first class i beleive you are entitled to up to £30 statuatory insurance

Pretty close - it's the same value in pounds as the cost of a 1st Class stamp (41p).

If you sent a set of forks 1st Class there is a reasonable chance they will come back to you or just get 'lost' in the postal system. Forks are over the size limit for 1st Class (you should have been told this at the Post Office when you posted them...).

Get a claim on the go then use that money to refund him (Y)

His address would have been confirmed by paypal! is that the address you used?

he needs to give you time to speak to the post office and needs to wait 14 working days.

he can put a paypal dispute to cover his money being refunded. but if he does a charge back you can claim he has scammed you, and lied about not getting the forks .

tell him to dispute!! safe for the both of you.

As said above always use recorded it cost 75pence more and it covers you almost 100%

i have sent him a message advising him of the sets of circumstances

15 working days has to pass undelivered until a package can be declared as lost in the post

until then he is gonna have to wait, the parcel was posted on the 10th it is now the 18th, with a weekend inbetween so there has only been 6 days passed so far

Can you not refund him and then put in a claim with the post office if they've lost the item?

Or enquire at the post office?

He cant take the money out of your paypal without your permission I dont think.

He can't but Paypal can, if your Paypal balance is zero, they can even just take it straight out of your bank account as you've given them permission by having the Paypal account.

If you have a receipt for first class i beleive you are entitled to up to £30 statuatory insurance. He has paid for the goods and not received them, did you offer alternative postage options with insurance? If not then really you are at fault. Take your receipt for postage to the post office and make a claim. For how much it costs extra i always tend to use recorded delivery.

Have fun trying to actually get the insurance money from Royal Mail.

Unfortunately Paypal always takes the buyers side, otherwise they'll get a bad rep from the odd few who are actually telling the truth. Don't just refund him the money though, go through the dispute process. He might have honestly not recieved them, but atleast it isn't anything too expensive and you've learned from your misstake. Paypal is a nasty piece of work, it's like shitting, we have to go along with it.

That's the good thing about trials and this forum. 99% of the time you can trust them and everything is fine. Somehow I think it'd be a lot different if it was a motorcross or honda civic forum.

Shame he sold them on egay then :P

Just send recorded insured, I always do, yea it costs £2 more but your both covered and its simple and easier :)

I sent somethnig out a couple of weeks back and had the exact same thing.

He had given me no communication and had just raised a paypal dispute.

Unfortunately for him, I had sent it special delivery, and the tracking number showed that he had signed for the package a week before the dispute was raised (using his real name and everything).

Action has been taken, and he is now banned from eBay ^_^

Send everything Recorded or Special deivery (Y)

i sold them on ebat because nobody wanted to buy them on here

they wernt trials specific forks

i know most of the guys are here bar a few exceptions are good people to deal with regarding parts

recorded from now on ive learnt my lesson

i sold them on ebat because nobody wanted to buy them on here

they wernt trials specific forks

i know most of the guys are here bar a few exceptions are good people to deal with regarding parts

recorded from now on ive learnt my lesson

Its a shame you learnt it this way.

I only send un-recorded on items i'm willing to pay for, E.g. chain tugs, stickers.

Its a shame you learnt it this way.

I only send un-recorded on items i'm willing to pay for, E.g. chain tugs, stickers.

yeah its ok, not going to happen again

certain people abuse a system and spoil it for everybody else

the only reason i did it was to keep the postage cost down for their own benefit

in my opinion he jumped to the conclusion i was scamming him rather quickly but having said that he could argue that the potential was there