Armourdillo'S Love Them Or Hate Them They Save Your Frame While Le

japslap

armourdillo interest  

98 members have voted

1. 1. Would you preorder an armourdillo

Hey fellas,

I've been looking for an armourdillo for some time now for my frame as I know they can save some nasty dents on down tubes when practising rails etc. I couldn't find anything that really matched them, I've managed to get in touch with the legend that produced them he's thought about producing them again but is unsure of the demand that there would be.

Which is why I've started this thread to kind of test the water and see what the demand would be, he's also thought of modifying the design, so I guess if anyone has used one before and thought of better ways it could be improved would be helpfull also.

Edited by japslap

thanks for all the response so far with the votes, this is my first time with a voting poll, I suppose I should have put different options in, like possibley for the people who voted no,

Would you have said that because maybe you don't feel you need one because you don't mess up much anymore or maybe you just don't want something like that on your bike a messing with the clean lines of the frame?

I've got one of the original ones, which is getting a bit tatty now - I'd probably buy one if he rereleased them.

I'd be even more interested if he produced them without the massive white logo on the side (Y)

he can produce them in different colours and with or without the logo, cheers for the feedback

Customable logo design and you're onto a winner.

get him to make a chainstay size one WIN !!

If you could make them transparent so you can see the frame colour through it then I would get one, the wouldn't look as bulky too!! because they do look crap

Make a light one and yes i probably would buy one.

The Ideas above have been passed along, cheers for the feedback and suggestions fellas

Hey fellas,

I've been looking for an armourdillo for some time now for my frame as I know they can save some nasty dents on down tubes when practising rails etc. I couldn't find anything that really matched them, I've managed to get in touch with the legend that produced them he's thought about producing them again but is unsure of the demand that there would be.

Which is why I've started this thread to kind of test the water and see what the demand would be, he's also thought of modifying the design, so I guess if anyone has used one before and thought of better ways it could be improved would be helpfull also.

I don't see the point in spending all that money on a pimp looking, light frame then sticking a hefty thing like an armoudillo on it.

I just think they look clutty, and I'm vain. So no... hate them.

If you could make them transparent so you can see the frame colour through it then I would get one, the wouldn't look as bulky too!! because they do look crap

All good points :)

I don't see the point in spending all that money on a pimp looking, light frame then sticking a hefty thing like an armoudillo on it.

Presumably to help stop you putting a whacking great dent in your brand new, pimp looking, light frame that you've spent all that money on? That's why I've got mine anyway...

Same as people who spent £100's on a shiny iPod or iPhone, then cover it in a massive hideous case to keep it unscratched. Looks nice when you take the case off, but no-one does that.

A scratched up frame looks better than a pristine one with a massive hulking Armourdillo on.

Can't really think of anyone's 'pimp' bike that I've seen meaty downtube dents on, whereas on TGS bashery bikes it seems to be more common. Most of the Armourdillos I've seen in bike checks have been on TGSery bikes too, generally with heavier Deng frames rather than some light French piece.

Same as people who spent £100's on a shiny iPod or iPhone, then cover it in a massive hideous case to keep it unscratched. Looks nice when you take the case off, but no-one does that.

A scratched up frame looks better than a pristine one with a massive hulking Armourdillo on.

What's the point in having a light frame if you're going to add weight to it? Might as well just get a more durable frame.

Cheers for all the feedback positive and negative again fellas, I've passed it along, seems like the main issue with why people wouldn't use it is because of the look or weight. I can totally see this point and pointed this out to the maker who said "Some people say that they are hefty an ruin a bikes aesthetics, but I think most use them just to practice new tricks until they get it sorted or at comps, but take them off when street riding and show boating". I think he'll still be taking the feedback all on board to see if he can modify it to increase the demand.

Personnally I know as a single parent on benefits (thankyou tax payers) I'd rather use one as I can't always afford to replace a frame and need them to last as long a possible, but like trying new things like rails etc.